The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Funmeister

On the surface that would seem to be true, however, no one is forced to use the transportation system.

With all due respect. Disney sells itself as an all inclusive resort. Once again I challenge you (love giving you these challenges) to show me a Disney commercial that says "Please Be Our Guest and use our internal resort transportation...if you want. We are not forcing you."

Most guests that arrive without a car (or rental car) are sold as internal transportation as part of the overall package/experience.

I would love to see any Disney advertising that says you are not forced to utilize their transportation and that it is optional. If that were the case there would not be hundreds of buses on the roads.

Goofyernmost

With all due respect. Disney sells itself as an all inclusive resort. Once again I challenge you (love giving you these challenges) to show me a Disney commercial that says "Please Be Our Guest and use our internal resort transportation...if you want. We are not forcing you."

Most guests that arrive without a car (or rental car) are sold as internal transportation as part of the overall package/experience.

I would love to see any Disney advertising that says you are not forced to utilize their transportation and that it is optional. If that were the case there would not be hundreds of buses on the roads.
Come on, you have a real flare for placing words that aren't there in almost everything. They also didn't say that you have to use it either does it. Some things are up to the individual to decide and to make a decision that works best for them. I challenge you to show me where on the agreement it says that "you will use the bus system".

Most do arrive without a vehicle, that was their decision. They didn't have to do it that way and it might be an excuse if one has never been, but, if anyone is upset by the way a transportation system works and continues to feel that it is there best option, well what can I say. There are a number of posts that have asked...Car or no car? Other then having to wait for a bus, are they or are they not provided with transportation? Public transportation is not, in reality, what most people expect it to be. I'd even venture a guess that most have never even used public transit before, so they go out there feeling that there will be a bus available whenever they decide they want to go there will be some disappointment.

Last edited:

WDWFigment

Did anyone else notice how well dressed these Disney patrons are compared to the WDW crowd, I'm frequently mistaken for a CM because I wear khakis and a collared shirt... depressing thought I always need to point out that CM's have this little oval badge...

Too bad the photo isn't from Christmas 'date' season. My wife and I dress well for the parks, but even we felt underdressed.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The monorail is only too expensive to expand in the same way new attractions are too expensive to build. There's just no will to do it by executives who fundamentally don't understand the business of theme parks and the Walt Disney World resort. Buses and colored bracelets are cheaper.

Before anyone says anything, monorail expansion is NOT going to happen, of course.

I'm sorry. This isn't directed at you, CD, but in general.

I'm getting real tired of hearing "the monorail is too expensive to expand" "a peoplemover system for resorts is too expensive" "a light rail is too expensive" .... You get the idea.... When the same company just apparently had available, and flushed down the toilet, over 2 billion dollars and climbing.

That's kinda like saying you can't afford ground beef but you're eating a steak.

Funmeister

I'm getting real tired of hearing "the monorail is too expensive to expand" "a peoplemover system for resorts is too expensive" "a light rail is too expensive" .... You get the idea.... When the same company just apparently had available, and flushed down the toilet, over 2 billion dollars and climbing.

That's kinda like saying you can't afford ground beef but you're eating a steak.

I do not believe it is "too expensive" as much as it is the company has not figured out a way to monetize it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

They could afford to do any of it. They could even afford to expand the monorails. The reason they don't do it is there isn't a quantifiable return. Some of the more recent monorail projects (Las Vegas being one) had costs approaching $100M a mile. They aren't going to spend that kind of money when they can just use a bus. With ground level light rail they can probably cut the cost significantly. It could become more in line with the long term cost of the busses. Too bad nobody is looking long term;).

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This was actually one one the first things I noticed at DLR last year. People weren't "dressed up," but polos and sundresses were the rule, not the exception. No death metal or "Female Body Inspector" T-shirts, many fewer sweats and short shorts with "JUICY" across the back.

Hmpf. The last thing I want to do is climb in and out of Space Mountain vehicle in a Sun Dress.

the.dreamfinder

Too bad the photo isn't from Christmas 'date' season. My wife and I dress well for the parks, but even we felt underdressed.
Does TDR have a dress code or is it more of cultural thing?(Leaning more towards culture)

I think the only way to address WDW's guests current attire would be to create a strictly enforced dress code.

Captain Neo

I just heard from hatetofly that the cost of the beauty & the beast meet and greet in Fantasyland was greater than the transformers e ticket that universal recently opened in Orlando. Is that true? If so Disney needs to literally shut down imagineering and start over from scratch because Jesus that's mismanagement to the extreme. No wonder the disney parks are turning into ghettos while their competitors are quickly catching up and in universals case now exceeding them.

Longhairbear

The husband and I had dinner with friends at a birthday party. They, and the other guests are all in code , and software writing, Silicon Valley pros in the computer world. They hadn't heard of MM+, or Next Gen, but once explained, shook their heads in disgust. The 2 billion price tag took them by surprise, and commented that it was way too much money for what Disney wanted, and got. One guy laughed at the price tag, and mumbled "corporate morons".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just heard from hatetofly that the cost of the beauty & the beast meet and greet in Fantasyland was greater than the transformers e ticket that universal recently opened in Orlando. Is that true? If so Disney needs to literally shut down imagineering and start over from scratch because Jesus that's mismanagement to the extreme. No wonder the disney parks are turning into ghettos while their competitors are quickly catching up and in universals case now exceeding them.

Agree, I do not think it's mismanagement I think it's intentional Imagineering is how they launder money from one part of the company to another, It's the only explanation. WDI is where the 'Hollywood Accounting' happens for P&R It's how a couple million worth of concrete/steel/labor can balloon to a project in excess of 100 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom