The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No offense, GoofGoof, but I pray there is a difference between the shorts you are wearing and the ones I described with "JUICY" written across the back...

I wasn't trying to start a debate about specific items of clothing (well, maybe ridiculously short shorts and T-shirts with offensive phrases/graphics)--just the noticeable "vibe" I got from guests at each park.
You got a problem with my juicy shorts???? I make those things look good ;)

Seriously, I think they should probably be banned from life in general, not just theme parks. If you have a nice butt people are going to be looking at it with or without words written across it. If you don't, best not to draw additional attention there.

My typical theme park attire is shorts (usually khaki) and either a golf shirt or a T-shirt. I have mostly solid color pocket t-shirts and a few local sports ones. I spend at least one day in a Phillies T-shirt which could be offensive to a Mets fan or something;). If I know I won't have time to go back to the room to change and I have dinner reservations at a table service location I will usually go with a collared golf shirt that day. That's about as dressed up as I would get unless I was going to a high end place for dinner then I would probably go with khakis and a golf shirt, but no jacket or tie.

I know what you mean about the vibe. Some of it is cultural for sure and some is probably weather and circumstance related. DLR has a lot more local visitors who may be stopping in on their way home from work or even meeting someone at DTD for a working lunch. The weather there is also more mild year round resulting in more pants for men.

janoimagine

For anyone interested in learning more about why the VFX firm that made "Life of Pi", Rhythm and Hues, went out of business and how the VFX industry works.

Man, hearing this makes me feel really old. Randy Roberts, a Director and co-founder of the 'Commercial' division of Rhythm and Hues directed the first TV spot I ever did for Dodge ... some many, ahem, many years ago.

Magenta Panther

I like them :(

the hotdog one and the japanese bullet train is my favorite.

but jeebus!, goofy is scary-creepy as hell! D:\

I like them overall...but that Valentine's Day one...that was crap. Too Kricfaluis-ish, weird, off-putting and not at all funny. That's what happens when cartoon writers run out of ideas I guess...the substitute the funny with weird. :p

doctornick

Agreed. I meant more the focus on new rides vs the focus on "other" attractions. Disney could have skipped the whole BOG area and instead built a clone of one of the DL dark rides not in Florida for probably less money.

Still think a Pinocchio clone in the Circus area would have been a great fit and would have alleviated a lot of the "not enough rides/substance" complaints at a cheap cost.

Captain Neo

My guess is they are comparing the cost of the whole beauty and the beast area including BOG and Enchanted Tales not just the meet and greet. Disney spent money on elaborate rock work and a very detailed restaurant. Universal went with a great ride with minimal theming. It shows the difference in mindset between the 2 companies.

No it was simply comparing Enchanted Tales to Transformers

yeti

Not if you are a kid under 40 inches or a little girl who loves Belle, but has no interest in Transformers.

Something for the under 40 inches crowd shouldn't cost that much. That's just common sense. Bigger kids get to play with the big toys.

Then again, an elaborate BatB dark ride would compare quite nicely with Transformers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I thought the budget for the entire Fantasyland Expansion project was $400M. From what I could find online the estimate for Transformers is $100M. How could Enchanted Tales cost 25% of the budget for the entire project? Mine Train, LM and BOG restaurant should all cost more, plus the double dumbo and the rest of circus land. I find it hard to believe. Unless the whole project ballooned to nearly $1B.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought the budget for the entire Fantasyland Expansion project was $400M. From what I could find online the estimate for Transformers is $100M. How could Enchanted Tales cost 25% of the budget for the entire project? Mine Train, LM and BOG restaurant should all cost more, plus the double dumbo and the rest of circus land. I find it hard to believe. Unless the whole project ballooned to nearly $1B.

Maybe the number for Enchanted Tales was mis-interpreted and it was actually the cost of the entire BatB area. I could see that costing $100M.

Disneyhead'71

I believe that Orlando's version of Transformers came in around $45Million.

Disneyhead'71

OK, I was basing the $100M off of an Internet search which can be sketchy at best. That was the commonly quoted price. They really figured out how to save some money.
The fact that it was a quasi-clone helped reduce the cost. All of the R&D and costly CGI had already been paid. So while Transformers is still considered a $100Million attraction (that is what Hollywood and Singapore's versions cost) Orlando's came in significantly less than that.

Disneyhead'71

$45 million makes more sense then. But it shows why using Orlando's Transformers as a reference point in conversation doesn't work very well. I doubt UNI will ever build a ride of that scale again, or that fast, for that much money, and in such a way.
Yep. Orlando's Transformers is a very special case. Especially considering that it was never planned to be brought to Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom