The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Sunday Quickees:

Happy Father's Day to all Dads, especially mine because he is responsible for hooking me on Disney (and other) theme parks at a very young age!

Word in from a top UNI source says Gringotts TM previews are likely for Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest.

Don't you just love it when your keystrokes are being recorded by someone and you can tell? You know what that also tells you? That in all these years, they still haven't figured out how to truly deal with you. Hint: this ain't it!

So, some nothing site is reporting that Indy Stunt Show will be closing this fall. Do not believe it.

Just realized that Typhoon Lagoon is 25 years old. Boy, does that make me feel ancient. I did look great in a bathing suit back in 89 though ...

Marathons are NEVER fun races, even when they are held at WDW. Entering races that you know you have no chance of finishing isn't great and shows you want to improve yourself, it's dangerous for you and others and dumb and greedy. And Disney MUST cease giving medals to folks who walk two miles of a marathon. I'd also say they should crackdown on people selling medals on eBay, but that is like spitting in the wind.

You truly never know what you'll find on a Saturday night at a Florida Walgreen's (P.S. @Lee you might want to remember this for future reference).

On days like this, I do wish we had some real water parks in South Florida.

Game 5 of the NBA FInals is tonight. Was going to go to a local lounge (I am not the sports bar type), but the way the local team has been playing , I think maybe I should just drink at home.

Have great Sundays!!!

Omnispace

True story. I'm more annoyed by the people talking through the stretching room than the doors being open. Everyone once in a while we get a good group in there.

When the CM's don't take the time to properly set up the scene and get guests' commitment to the experience, you are going to have distracted talkers. Then again, there will always be those who feel that things don't start till they board the Doombuggies.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Heres a decent example of a Disney Marathon that shows how many people walk. Just watch the first few minutes. A majority of the people walking do not look physically fit enough to do 20 push-ups, let alone run over 10 miles. I could only guess they do it to feel good about themselves and possibly brag to friends and coworkers while showing off their medal. Its similar to when people order a double bacon cheeseburger and a tub of fries but get a diet coke to drink to keep the calories lower and feel like they are doing someting about their weight.

Watch at 1:35 when the three ladies just stop in the middle of the road to take pictures and then at 1:45 there is a lady just standing there in the middle. Great etiquette. I also watched several videos of Boston and London marathons and could not find people standing around or blocking the lanes. Im sure it happens, just not as much.

Part of me thinks its good that these people are attempting a marathon and maybe they are trying to get in shape, the other part thinks that if they seriously wanted to get in shape they would be training or hitting the gym first to prepare. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that most of the walkers spend 99% prep time on finding a cool Disney outfit to race in and 1% actually training.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Three pages behind, but wanted to post an update of the same Target from last month... Disney aisle, still almost empty

This is the only noticeable change- a ton of these goofy princess pet figures. Still no Anna, no Elsa, no Olaf. I talked to a worker who said they got a shipment in and as soon as they went up, they were bought up and left empty within the day.

The Disney Store which is outside the mall doors of Target and up a flight of stairs, had no Anna, no Elsa (a spot carved out for them though- but filled with Belle dresses) and two plush Olaf.

The only updating I've noticed to the store is this:

Obviously all the male folk were congregating in this one area. However, the pictures above the SW crap are still of scenic castle and Belle and nothing remotely related to the merch beneath. The rest of the store continues to cater to 4 year olds. I went in itching to buy something Disney (yeah, I know, pixie dust, blahblah) and left empty handed.

I'm guessing the new 'normal' price for the iasw dolls is now $20. There's still a full shelf of them.

The animators dolls look to have a few new dresses but otherwise are the same. No sale, no buy.

The plushes are the same damn ones I've seen the past four or five times I've been here. I'm no longer in love with that Dumbo one, as I'm tired of seeing it in the same spot forever.

The "clearance" racks in the back are full of costumes and vinylmation and no one interested in either.

In conclusion, Target still isn't stocked and apparently has been utterly blindsided by Frozen, leaving a good chunk of the aisle empty. Other Targets in my area have filled in the spot with other Disney crap, but no Frozen to be found. It may be a regional thing, but it's definitely city wide here.

Disney store needs updating and adult gear.

NoChesterHester

Three pages behind, but wanted to post an update of the same Target from last month... Disney aisle, still almost empty

This is the only noticeable change- a ton of these goofy princess pet figures. Still no Anna, no Elsa, no Olaf. I talked to a worker who said they got a shipment in and as soon as they went up, they were bought up and left empty within the day.

The Disney Store which is outside the mall doors of Target and up a flight of stairs, had no Anna, no Elsa (a spot carved out for them though- but filled with Belle dresses) and two plush Olaf.

The only updating I've noticed to the store is this:

Obviously all the male folk were congregating in this one area. However, the pictures above the SW crap are still of scenic castle and Belle and nothing remotely related to the merch beneath. The rest of the store continues to cater to 4 year olds. I went in itching to buy something Disney (yeah, I know, pixie dust, blahblah) and left empty handed.

I'm guessing the new 'normal' price for the iasw dolls is now $20. There's still a full shelf of them.

The animators dolls look to have a few new dresses but otherwise are the same. No sale, no buy.

The plushes are the same damn ones I've seen the past four or five times I've been here. I'm no longer in love with that Dumbo one, as I'm tired of seeing it in the same spot forever.

The "clearance" racks in the back are full of costumes and vinylmation and no one interested in either.

In conclusion, Target still isn't stocked and apparently has been utterly blindsided by Frozen, leaving a good chunk of the aisle empty. Other Targets in my area have filled in the spot with other Disney crap, but no Frozen to be found. It may be a regional thing, but it's definitely city wide here.

Disney store needs updating and adult gear.

It isn't Target's fault. It is a problem everywhere. They just can't meet the demand. Even raising the price has done nothing to stem the insanity.

LondonGopher

When the CM's don't take the time to properly set up the scene and get guests' commitment to the experience, you are going to have distracted talkers. Then again, there will always be those who feel that things don't start till they board the Doombuggies.

This is also exacerbated (profoundly) by a language barrier. When a larger and larger percentage of visitors are non-English speakers - the stretching room "words" are just Musak. To be talked over...loudly. :( So Disney can legitimately say, "See, no one pays attention to the Host these days...and this way we can get more people per hour through the attraction - which is what our guests want."

Our wee family has been at DLP a couple times during Italian school holidays. On attractions like the Studio Tram Tour (which is narrated in French and English)...we could hear ZERO narration. Just animated Italian. I could give (lots of) other examples (but for once I'll try to keep a post shorter than War & Peace ;)).

This is an issue that WDW will have to deal with (more and more) at attractions with "talky" pre-shows as the percentage of non-domestic visitors grows. Because the alternative is the "jabber until the "real ride" begins" climate (as Omnispace mentioned above) that is growing at theme parks - both in America and in Europe. :mad:

Personally, I would like the Magic Bands enabled to deliver an electric shock to anyone who talks during a pre-show...but that's just me.

Cesar R M

You actually want that mess? Bless you sir!

If we are doing this based on things we're good at. I would be gate and ticketing operations since I literally do that for a living, but holy hell will things be different as long as the person in charge of hotels sees eye to eye with me.

I know!

I will need a few weapons.. a shotgun and a bulk of bodyguards to get things moving.. but things will get done!

Last edited:

Nubs70

IMO, no. Most of the "official" viewing spots (particularly at the finish line) are just bleachers. Depending on where you are sitting (how high up), you may not have a good view of your runner anyway.

I always sign up for runner tracking. I get text messages with my DH's pace, and current location. I extrapolate from there what his time might be when passing my location. (i.e 9 min pace passing mile 7ish at Poly, I need to be out there 45 mins or so after start of race.

I applaud anyone who is trying to get healthy and lose weight. However, a full/half marathon IS NOT "place were they can start to make the transition." Start with a 5K. Work up to - and train properly for - a half/full.
Does runDisney provide a "Mickey's Guide to Road Race Etiquette"? Would be a good thing. Check, they could establish an entire series.

Etiquette Guides to:
  • ECV use
  • Interactive queue
  • E-cigs
  • Tour groups
  • Dress codes
  • Personal hygiene

NobodyElse

This is also exacerbated (profoundly) by a language barrier. When a larger and larger percentage of visitors are non-English speakers - the stretching room "words" are just Musak. To be talked over...loudly. :( So Disney can legitimately say, "See, no one pays attention to the Host these days...and this way we can get more people per hour through the attraction - which is what our guests want."

This is on area where the advantage goes to the Anaheim HM. Since the "Stretching Rooms" were put in out of necessity to change levels and get people under the RR tracks, it's an impossibility to have both doors open and walk straight through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom