The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

bhg469

That is the most vague and obvious statement I have ever seen.

I think its fair to say that by the time Avatar LAnd is finished that Uni will have outdone themselves several times over with attractions AND resorts and with the pace they get things done compared to Disney, we can probly look forward to some amazing surprises. I truly WISH I could say the same about WDW, but using FLE as a measuring stick coupled with the slow motion construction they have, I just cant.
I truly believe universal will be clearing land for the 3rd gate by the time avatar opens.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I have a Comcast package with (very fast) internet and limited cable.. I only get about 60 channels but only watch like, 5. :) I had internet only for several years but last January they offered me this package which nearly tripled my internet speed and added on the cable for only about $15 more than what I was paying for only internet. My bill is around $93/month. They also threw in free HBO/showtime because I complained. Complaining helps, sometimes.

I'd like to have a few more channels but I refuse to upgrade to the higher package, which is $150, for them. So I set sail for the internet when necessary.

YAR!

Mike S

Both have new attractions coming in the future, and both resorts have new offerings this year.

My question is when will Universal open a parade that is worth anything.
You know what, I concede. You are completely right. Both have new attractions coming, but here's the kicker. Universal's next one (Kong) could open as early as summer next year. Disney's (Avatar) is still 3 years away with nothing in between except a quick cheap overlay. Also consider that Universal has been steadily opening new attractions since the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter and just came off a major one with Diagon Alley and there's no sign of slowing down.

Quinnmac000

That Time Warner Inc and Newscrop deal though will be the worst thing for your cable bill. Its gives news corps leverage to up their channel subscription prices by saying well if you don't want to buy this channel from us then we won't give you A, B, or C. So if it goes through, expect even higher cable and satellite bills.

PhotoDave219

Yup, but you also posted things like the NBA doubling their fees to ESPN and TNT. It's always going to be a chicken and egg thing, I suppose. NBA, NFL, etc... will up their fees to TNT and ESPN will up theirs. TNT in turn will force you to have TBS and whatever else they are affiliated with ESPN will do the same with ESPN2 through The Ocho. I'd love to cut the cable (so to speak, as I have satellite now) and though I know my way around a newsgroup and can pretty much download anything I want, I still do like the convenience of the Genie.

I have gone internet only. And watching ABCnews on the report of this plane crash.

GLaDOS

As much is happening at Disney as there is in Universal. I love Star Trek, but if Universal purchases it, I expect more screens.

How the hell would you do a Star Trek ride without them?

I'm sure screens will be part of new Avatarland, but I am betting animatronics will be a huge part of the Disney experience as well. Disney tends to balance screens and actual sets/animatronics much better than their competition down the road.

Yea, all those AAs litered across Diagon Alley are really screens in disguise.

FigmentJedi

Haunted Mansion animated TV special produced and designed by Gris Grimly is coming soon to Disney Channel and XD to celebrate 45 years of the Mansion

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/disney-prepping-haunted-mansion-tv-719184

Grimly's illustrated version of Pinocchio is the basis for Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio stop motion project, so I'm pretty eager to see how cool these designs will be
Screen-shot-2012-05-13-at-2.54.09-PM.png

EDIT: Though I guess to be more relevant to Disney, here's a Sorcerer Mickey he did

gris-grimly-micky-the-conjurer.jpg

71jason

Disney is giving us screens too.
But honestly outside of Kong, not much else is in the works right now. So nothing else to talk about at Uni either...

More trademarks on water park filed, indicating progress is moving along.

Cowfish is still under construction in CityWalk.

A couple sources have said KidZone as we know it will be shuttered by October, with a replacement (possibly Bikini Bottom?) fast-tracked.

Universal suits themselves said they are not done with Potter just yet.

Oh and a little thing called Halloween Horror Nights will be debuting 8 new E-tickets in 2 months.

That's a lot of nothing else...

GLaDOS

Technically she's right. Kong is the only thing actually happening right now. There's plenty of insider info that says other things are in the works but we won't really see anything under construction in the parks probably till Kong is closer to completion.

I'd take a look at what's happening between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific before saying Kong's the only thing "actually" happening right now.

Mike S

More trademarks on water park filed, indicating progress is moving along.

Cowfish is still under construction in CityWalk.

A couple sources have said KidZone as we know it will be shuttered by October, with a replacement (possibly Bikini Bottom?) fast-tracked.

Universal suits themselves said they are not done with Potter just yet.

Oh and a little thing called Halloween Horror Nights will be debuting 8 new E-tickets in 2 months.

That's a lot of nothing else...
Please tell me ET is safe from being shuttered........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom