The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

cw1982

We canceled cable years ago. Don't miss it one bit. We can still watch all our shows online and now we dont spend hours in front of the tv. Its given so much more time to enjoy other things in life. You dont realize how much you dont need cable until you gt rid of it.

We started to do the same thing, but it was actually cheaper for us to get the most basic cable package with our Internet than it would have been to just get Internet at the speed dh wanted. Go figure.

PhotoDave219

While Comcast is for sure to blame for that, channels like ESPN demanding more and more money are a problem as well.

The only way it's going to change is if people stop watching. Something I don't see happening any time soon.

That was 100 pages and last weekend.... I posted a NYT article about how ESPN is over $5 per sub.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I always thought if they provided this service, they could easily get millions of subs that they lost to satellite. So many people dont bother with cable because of cost, a cheaper option would net them so many customers that they have priced out of their service.
Maybe.
We dropped down to one cable box and just stream cable through two Xbox consoles in the other rooms.
It only saved us a little money but it helps. I wish Hulu Plus did a better job updating shows because we would have canceled cable completely at that point.
*shrugs* Netflix has some of the best shows out right now anyway!

SJN1279

If spending three times as much and taking five times as long to produce 1/3 of what Uni does, then sure, theres just as much happening at Disney.

Both have new attractions coming in the future, and both resorts have new offerings this year.

My question is when will Universal open a parade that is worth anything.

ABQ

That was 100 pages and last weekend.... I posted a NYT article about how ESPN is over $5 per sub.
Yup, but you also posted things like the NBA doubling their fees to ESPN and TNT. It's always going to be a chicken and egg thing, I suppose. NBA, NFL, etc... will up their fees to TNT and ESPN will up theirs. TNT in turn will force you to have TBS and whatever else they are affiliated with ESPN will do the same with ESPN2 through The Ocho. I'd love to cut the cable (so to speak, as I have satellite now) and though I know my way around a newsgroup and can pretty much download anything I want, I still do like the convenience of the Genie.

SJN1279

the pandora e ticket is supposedly a 3d soarin.. last time I checked that was one bog old screen.

I'm sure screens will be part of new Avatarland, but I am betting animatronics will be a huge part of the Disney experience as well. Disney tends to balance screens and actual sets/animatronics much better than their competition down the road.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Both have new attractions coming in the future, .

That is the most vague and obvious statement I have ever seen.

I think its fair to say that by the time Avatar LAnd is finished that Uni will have outdone themselves several times over with attractions AND resorts and with the pace they get things done compared to Disney, we can probly look forward to some amazing surprises. I truly WISH I could say the same about WDW, but using FLE as a measuring stick coupled with the slow motion construction they have, I just cant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom