The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Trauma

In response to the comments that dhs is in worse shape then epcot I agree but walking into epcot the other day just gave me a weird vibe.
No… That's actually slightly on-topic.

The good 50 or hundred pages ago we were discussing this… Which is Saturday or Sunday at this point. Anyways… i'm still continuing to take the stance that while yes, there are problems with Epcot, it is not the part in the most need of help.

The award for Disney park with the most need for helping North America goes to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I'm beginning to think there's more vacant space in that park then there is used space.

The previous 10 years of neglect have-nots help one earthly bit.

At least Epcot still has some fantastic attractions in future world as well as the cultural education goes on in the world showcase.

So to sum up? Yes I agree with you but we're talking triage here. There are worse patients here to be dealt with.

Sure this is true but isn't the supposed fix coming in the form of Star Wars?

The only thing I have read about epcot is some frozen cardboard stuff on a moldy boat ride.

DHS needs major help but has a plan (Star Wars ) that I'm sure tdo will manage to screw up.

Epcot as far as I can tell has no plan at all.....

PrincessNelly_NJ

In response to the comments that dhs is in worse shape then epcot I agree but walking into epcot the other day just gave me a weird vibe.

The only thing I have read about epcot is some frozen cardboard stuff on a moldy boat ride.

DHS needs major help but has a plan (Star Wars ) that I'm sure tdo will manage to screw up.

TDO just gave us new paint and carpet in future world, was that not enough?:rolleyes: I mean what do you want from them, rides? Psssh, if they give us rides no one will have time for WS. If you want rides you go down to that other park! No rides for Epcot!:hilarious:

wdwfan4ver

With seeing how Uni (and DL for that matter) actually utilize all their limited space so wisely, I'm curious if TDO could come up with a master plan to actual use the DHS areas efficiently. Unlike the other WDW parks, there's actual space limitation at DHS and the layout is not conducive to expansion/redevelopment since it was set up as a working studio and hasn't been sufficiently modified to correct the new direction (if there is one) the park has gone onto.

Sure, they can replace existing stuff like the Backlot Tour, LMA and Streets of America and have a decent amount of space to work with, but it would still be constrained by a poor layout (specifically, they really need to have an alternative route in and out of Sunset Blvd). I truly wish we would see Burbank and TDO actually come up with a comprehensive plan to "fix" that park.
The big problem is TDO and Burbank actually willing to spend 3 to 5 billion dollars to fix DHS at a time that DHS gets around 10 million guests a year. I am mentioning that amount of cost when you also put into factors like changing the park entrance for vehicles going into the park, and the amount modifying will be needed since DHS was set up as working Studio.

I think the choice would have been more easier if DHS right now had DCA attendance numbers before DCA was redesigned and had expansions. The only way DHS can get the DCA treatment is Universal is able to take guests away from DHS. I think the 2 Universal parks are 3 to 6 years away from overtaking DHS in attendance though.

I mentioned the amount of years because IOA right now is around 2 million guest less than DHS according to 2013 TEA numbers and USF is around 3 million gusts less than DHS in 2013. My guess of amount of years is because Diagon Alley isn't enough to have USF to surpass DHS for attendance figures.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Lord knows if they'll ever approve the CapEx....

wdwfan4ver

Star Wars isn't big enough of a fix for DHS despite the amount of people it will draw. Star Wars only is going to fix a section of the park, not the whole mess.

The location of the planned Star Wars Land isn't where Streets of America is.

A good amount of Streets of America is from a different era of DHS that no longer exists and can't be brought back the way it was either. The Studio Backlot tour is a great example of an attraction that needs to go away due to DHS hasn't been a working studio for years. An area with a backlot tour, but doesn't have a working studio anymore actually doesn't make any sense.

DHS also is a theme park with a layout problem thanks to its working studio past.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How about "The Running Man?" Possible ABC crossover!

Dynamo Meet & Greet would work
RunningMan04.jpg

Next Big Thing

Survey has been making the rounds again, asking about potential IPs. Star Trek, Wonka, Tron (?!? no, really), Ice Age, "board games", Family Guy, Loony Toons, Twilight. May have inspired some fanboi speculation. That said, hard to outright dismiss out of hand, even given a unproven source.
While Tron is odd given it's a Disney movie, it may be a bone thrown in there to see what the average guest response to a video game themed attraction would be or if anyone would care.

It's a weird way to do it, but i'm just trying to think through why it would be listed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom