The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PeterAlt

Thoughts on today's news the Fox is chasing TW? I hate to admit that it makes @PeterAlt almost prophetic, I would not have assumed TW was going to be consumed.

The power of a Fox + TW+ DWA would be quite the competitor to Comcast and TWDC. I wonder if the DIS board is considering getting out the checkbook one last time with Iger. (Bewkes would be a decent Iger replacement).

Personally I think that TWDC needs more 'adult' non-sports cable assets. Starz, AMC or Discovery and I don't think that pursuing Sony Entertainment or Viacom makes sense.
Can you provide a link? I just checked Fox News and did not find the story. I did find this story interesting, though... The UAE is planning a 2025 Mars mission... http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/07/16/uae-plans-first-arab-spaceship-to-mars-in-7-years/

Next Big Thing

I don't think there is any doubt the 5th hotel will be built before 2017
That's one game WDW will continuously and mercilessly beat Uni at.
So..... tonight's Disney owned ESPY's took a very odd, dark and uncomfortable turn tonight.

Its all about the Side Pieces. (NSFW = Not Suitable For Wives)
Personally, I thought "Side Pieces" was the funniest he was all night. That's not saying much based on his overall performance, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Next Big Thing

not biting....
This is all he's talking about:

Partially this too:

There is no explicit language in any of the songs as they were written for TV. "Side Pieces" i'm sure made a bunch of people feel uncomfortable, but it was pretty funny and was on topic with what you'd expect in any R&B song really. #SterlingNeverLovedUs did get a bit dark and sort of just left everyone in the audience and watching on TV like this:
Awkward-Donald-Glover-GIF.gif

It was a bit of an "uhh... did that really just happen?" type of moment.

Last edited:

seascape

Just saw screamscape reported that universal has cancelled their universal studios Korea park and Fox World is going there.
I had already posted that they were not investing in Asia and that their next new international park would be in Russia. Gee how could I be right?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Fox announced another theme park yesterday to be built in South Korea for a price tag of $3bn. Imagine a combined Time Warner and Fox... They would have an arsenal of IP to build a US park.

Darth Sidious

Thoughts on today's news the Fox is chasing TW? I hate to admit that it makes @PeterAlt almost prophetic, I would not have assumed TW was going to be consumed.

The power of a Fox + TW+ DWA would be quite the competitor to Comcast and TWDC. I wonder if the DIS board is considering getting out the checkbook one last time with Iger. (Bewkes would be a decent Iger replacement).

Personally I think that TWDC needs more 'adult' non-sports cable assets. Starz, AMC or Discovery and I don't think that pursuing Sony Entertainment or Viacom makes sense.

I would expect to see Disney pursue AMC if anything. Companies like Viacom have too many assets that overlap the preexisting Disney business that they'd need to sell them (ex. Nickelodeon). If the TW-Fox deal happens Disney could be the eventual acquirer of CNN from the combined company since they'd sell it as part of the merger. I wonder if the TW-Fox deal would also cause Fox to sell Disney-Marvel back the movie rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men since they'd have DC Comics. I'm intrigued by this potential deal for sure.

Edit: as for Sony Entertainment, I wonder how Kaz views that segment. It hasn't been what they'd like but it has potential and various synergy opportunities with their PlayStation brand.

seascape

If Fox had to give up the rights to the Marvel Characters I'm not sure Disney would have to pay. Either Fox uses them or they revert to Marvel for free. Fox also can't sell them to a third party so why would Disney pay a dime?

Darth Sidious

If Fox had to give up the rights to the Marvel Characters I'm not sure Disney would have to pay. Either Fox uses them or they revert to Marvel for free. Fox also can't sell them to a third party so why would Disney pay a dime?

Because they could just hoard them for the duration or sell them and get something. Disney would pay for them if they could reach a fair agreement. I just would imagine that Fox would want to only have one comic property but I could be very wrong with this.

seascape

Japan and Singapore already exists and are being crushed by Disney and just wait until Shanghai Disney opens. As far as Beijing it's 2018 if it gets done.

seascape

Because they could just hoard them for the duration or sell them and get something. Disney would pay for them if they could reach a fair agreement. I just would imagine that Fox would want to only have one comic property but I could be very wrong with this.
Actually if they were a problem keeping them because they own DC then they would have to give them up. They can't sell them to anyone else and if they cant keep them then why would Disney pay for something they would have to be given for free. However I'm not sure I agree with you that keeping them would be a problem.

WildcatDen

From a financial/PR point, no I can't.

From a moral/ethical point, I sure as hell can.
Going to assume you know more insider info than me, but I think you missed my point. OF COURSE Disney wanted to kill the story. It can only harm their bottom line. They may be very active in combatting the problem (even though their response in the piece was as affirming as a family of chickens working at KFC) but we do not know, hence the response. In short, it seems like this article was a hit job focused mainly on Disney when the issue is SO MUCH LARGER. Would rather have seen CNN go all in and really cover the issue as a whole.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom