The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

PLEASE MAKE IT SO!

(see what I did there? ;))
ENGAGE!

Simulator like Star Tours? Something like Gingotts (dark coaster with screens)? Or something totally new? What do we all think...

Considering the popularity of Star Tours simulator.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar but using STAR TREK.

Star trek vs the borg (where you are aboard the Sovereign class or the USS defiant)

NearTheEars

Well I wake up every morning. I get out of bed. I put both feet on the floor and I stand probably in my room and shop the heavens "I hate churros."

Mostly because there's Always a giant line for the cart in Frontierland that sells those as well as pretzels and for whatever reason people seem unable to order churros in a hurry when I am starving and want my pretzel now.

That's why I get my pretzels in Germany.

dhall

I was okay with the reboot. And I was going along with Into Darkness up until it got really stupid. It actually made me angry. I will admit it is far from the worst Star Trek movie ever. But it is closer to the bottom than the top.
  1. Wrath of Khan
  2. Voyage Home
  3. Undiscovered Country
  4. (3a) First Contact

Search for Spock (by itself was pretty so-so, but improves a lot when you watch it as a 2-4 trilogy), Generations (the first act was great, but the ship crashing was too meta-metaphorical), Trek (the Reboot), Into Darkness in some order

9. Insurrection
10. Nemesis​

(leaving 7 blank spaces because these are just that bad)

18. Final Frontier
19. The Motion Picture​

tribbleorlfl

So, the rumour of the day is Star Trek to UNI?

I can confirm that there were indeed talks between UNI and Paramount/Viacom. As to the results of those negotiations ... I'm honestly not sure.

And this was quite a while ago.

Now, as a Star Trek fan in all of its incarnations (To say it is worlds better than Star Wars drivel would be putting it mildly.) I'd love to see someone really do something in a parks setting with the IP. Sure, the Vegas Experience at the LV Hilton was kewl, but it was very small scale.

Oh, btw, Potter opened recently at UNI-Japan. Seems like a huge hit there as well.
As a huge Trek fan (I mean, seriously, check out my handle for Pete's sake) I'd love to see this happen. After what Uni's done w/ the Potter franchise, one can imagine all the wonderful, immersive Trek goodies they could come up with.

I have 0% faith this will ever happen, though. Why? Because for all of the confusion that remains to this day in the Marvel/Uni licensing pact (ie, what constitutes a "family"), the current ownership situation of Trek is enough to make you see double.

While there's a history and relationship between Paramount and Comcast/NBC/Universal (ie, Trek aired on NBC originally, small Trek attraction at USH in the 80's, TF rides), Paramount technically doesn't own Trek. When Viacom split into CBS and new Viacom/Paramount 10 years ago, CBS got the rights to all Trek on TV, already-released films, merchandise and other consumer platforms (ie, games) while Paramount retained distribution rights for DVD's and the option to produce and distribute future films. The kicker, though, is while Paramount has the rights to make the new films, they have to pay CBS to license the name, characters and elements they used to own.

Ultimately, CBS as the licensor has final say in how the franchise and characters are utlized in the new films and any associated merchandise. This arranagement is what reportedly pushed JJ to Wars, as CBS was hostile in his and Paramount's attempts to turn the new films into a synergized marketing juggernaut.

I seriously doubt CBS would license non-JJ Trek to their chief competitor, and while Paramount might have discussed bringing JJ Trek to Uni, I can't begin to fathom the IP legal issues brought up by such an arrangent.

NearTheEars

No one goes to world showcase, trip advisor said it was boring. I heard it's becoming frozen land though! I can't wait to hear let it go in 11 different languages including Canadian!

Haha! If you really wanna have some fun, take a look at the trip advisor reviews for the luxury motels on 192

Cesar R M

In my area, Comcast has always had terrible customer service.

I wonder.. There was no competition in your area, right?

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean.
I don't mean that we shouldn't talk about it. What I'm saying is... If we want to do something about it, to change it, isn't there a better platform?
Us talking about it here just isn't enough to make a difference because not enough people will see it or do anything about.
You seem so passionate about this topic so let's find a way to do something to make a difference, let's find a way to actually do something.
does fist shaking at the sky counts? :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom