The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

lazyboy97o

Yes. And I am not about to put anything damaging to any individual out here unless the mainstream media does first.

But you knew that too.
Since when are we talking about individuals? I want to know about Disney as a structure and organization. Are background checks not being performed? Are red flags on background checks being ignored? Are complaints regarding inappropriate conduct, specifically of a sexual nature, being ignored? And most importantly, why is this occurring? Is the hiring staff full of pedophiles seeking to grant access to others? Do the rewards of hiring [x] number of people outweigh the risks of hiring these people? Are For those arrested so far this is the first known offense, and for some it may well be the first actual offense.

As for Imagineers and fanbois, which I do see where that involves individuals, that is a different type of mess, and one where legally and socially Disney may not have any options. Without a victim speaking out or witnesses willing to testify there is not enough for Disney to terminate an employee.

Trauma

Another thing that's bothering me.

How in the heck can epcot be such a dump.

I know this is discussed all the time here but it needs a lot more than a frozen overlay on a molding boat ride to breath anything that resembles life into it.

My 8 year old calls it ep-rot.

It's great to hear all this uni chat here.

Uni this uni that.

Does tdo have no shame at all?

There is a point when you tired of getting your butt kicked and decide to do something about it.

If I was Iger I would be embarrassed to show my face till that mess is fixed but oh wait he is executive of the year!

What a freaking joke.

/off topic rant

Lee

Adventurer
Wow Lee! If you say there's something there, everyone should listen. First Potter and now potentially this? I can only imagine the trekkies who would spend their last nickel on merchandise alone. Think Star Wars weekend is big for DHS? Use Loews on-site convention space and have a "fantasicon" week highlighting the different properties including Potter and this and you've got something.
Easy, now...don't get too excited.
Remember what I said...
You know the saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

There is smoke to this, and to some extent....fire.

This goes back a year or so, as a blue-sky sort of thing.

Absolutely.
I haven't been able to confirm anything beyond some old blue-sky conceptualizing.

Quite possible. (That it could be a planted rumor.)

Until I get some solid information, or better yet documentation....I'm not convinced there is anything to it.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I know this is discussed all the time here but it needs a lot more than a frozen overlay on a molding boat ride to breath anything that resembles life into it.

Uni this uni that.

There is a point when you tired of getting your butt kicked and decide to do something about it.

If I was Iger I would be embarrassed to show my face till that mess is fixed but oh wait he is executive of the year!

What a freaking joke.

/off topic rant
Please, not the Epcot rant again :arghh:

Mike S

Easy, now...don't get too excited.
Remember what I said...

Until I get some solid information, or better yet documentation....I'm not convinced there is anything to it.
Can you give us an idea what the blue sky plans were or at least if they were different than just a retread of Star Tours?

Last edited:

Nemo14

Honestly, it's averaging 140° in my car. I can't imagine how hot the dashboard is actually getting. Higher than my thermometer read I believe…
True story - when DH and I were first dating, his mother tried to give us a frozen pizza to wrap in foil and cook on the car's manifold as we drove so we wouldn't have to waste money at a restaurant. I married him anyway.

PhotoDave219

Uni this uni that.

What a freaking joke.

/off topic rant

No… That's actually slightly on-topic.

The good 50 or hundred pages ago we were discussing this… Which is Saturday or Sunday at this point. Anyways… i'm still continuing to take the stance that while yes, there are problems with Epcot, it is not the part in the most need of help.

The award for Disney park with the most need for helping North America goes to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I'm beginning to think there's more vacant space in that park then there is used space.

The previous 10 years of neglect have-nots help one earthly bit.

At least Epcot still has some fantastic attractions in future world as well as the cultural education goes on in the world showcase.

So to sum up? Yes I agree with you but we're talking triage here. There are worse patients here to be dealt with.

cw1982

True story - when DH and I were first dating, his mother tried to give us a frozen pizza to wrap in foil and cook on the car's manifold as we drove so we wouldn't have to waste money at a restaurant. I married him anyway.

Did you cut it with scissors, by chance? My husband and one of his friends did this once years ago when they couldn't find a pizza cutter. They *might* have been a little drunk.

Mike S

No, I didn't get a description. I was just made aware that Uni was interested in the IP and had made inquiries/presentations in an attempt to secure the rights.

That was about a year ago. Last I've heard of it until today's rumors.
Thanks anyway. Really appreciate the info from insiders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom