The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

Yeah, sorry for screwing that up...wasn't paying attention. I ignore the 219 part, and consider you my favorite PhotoDave.

I'm the only one! LOL. At the Fupa.... Fula Chalupa..... Its like Cocabana but different.

Anyways, interesting that we were for the most part able to have a mature, civil, college level discussion with differing opinions about an insanely difficult topic to discuss. I'll be honest, I thought it would have careened off the rails like most things do. Nicely done, guys.

Mike S

Lol... I know how to type! Things were just moving that quickly, and I'm not one for typing just one or two sentences (usually).
Things moved so quickly I got pages behind because I was focusing on other things instead. I tried to catch up but gave up at the beginning of page 525 and went right to 528.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm the only one! LOL. At the Fupa.... Fula Chalupa..... Its like Cocabana but different.

Anyways, interesting that we were for the most part able to have a mature, civil, college level discussion with differing opinions about an insanely difficult topic to discuss. I'll be honest, I thought it would have careened off the rails like most things do. Nicely done, guys.
thanks_obama-16196.gif

ThemeParkJunkee

This thread is now travelling at the speed of sound and I cannot keep up. Topics in play such as the AC360 show, the revelations of US TMs being banned etc. are all very fascinating but I must somehow acquire some sleep tonight. Thanks folks for making that a bit more difficult.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My motives are very simple: to expose the ugly underbelly that Disney (and UNI and SW to lesser extents) have when it comes to issues such as this.

I'm honestly questioning this community when so many folks want to defend a corporation instead of asking if Disney (and, again, UNI and SW) did due diligence in hiring these people. Period.

And, yes, a company takes 'some' responsibility for the people it hires, especially if they engage in illegal activity from work.

See as a member of this community I personally need proof not hear-say and I am not finding sources to confirm what seems to be implied at first blush. I've yet to see the Attorney General indite these firms for what maybe implied and that is a dangerous practice. I have zero proof by law enforcement or the attorney general to indicate they believe the firms did not use due diligence in their hiring practices so as a community member to jump on that ship with information todate, that could end up being slanderous. Nor have I seen anything come forward legally against the firms for knowingly allowing employees to engage in illegal activities from work. I'm not finding sources that confirm the firms are known to be complicit. I guess what I am saying is I'd like our community to be factual in instances like this and wait for proof of guilt by these firms and be careful not to be slanderous. Law enforcement always state innocent until proven guilty and so I shall wait and see if these firms are indited or if none of this hear-say comes to trial.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
See as a member of this community I personally need proof not hear-say and I am not finding sources to confirm what seems to be implied at first blush. I've yet to see the Attorney General indite these firms for what maybe implied and that is a dangerous practice. I have zero proof by law enforcement or the attorney general to indicate they believe the firms did not use due diligence in their hiring practices so as a community member to jump on that ship with information todate, that could end up being slanderous. Nor have I seen anything come forward legally against the firms for knowingly allowing employees to engage in illegal activities from work. I'm not finding sources that confirm the firms are known to be complicit. I guess what I am saying is I'd like our community to be factual in instances like this and wait for proof of guilt by these firms and be careful not to be slanderous. Law enforcement always state innocent until proven guilty and so I shall wait and see if these firms are indited or if none of this hear-say comes to trial.
And yet, these agencies are just as, if not more so, corrupt and negligent as their private counterparts.

That being said...

I agree with your post. As I stated before, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt by local police.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This thread is now travelling at the speed of sound and I cannot keep up. Topics in play such as the AC360 show, the revelations of US TMs being banned etc. are all very fascinating but I must somehow acquire some sleep tonight. Thanks folks for making that a bit more difficult.
You...think this is fast?

Try a political IRC channel on election night.

This is nothing.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@Gabe1 - You'll appreciate this, due to your unique life experience and position...

The part that really made me raise eyebrows about the CNN report was when they brought out some NY (or other large city, based on his offices, but I'm guessing NYC) activist to support that companies are somehow being negligent in their hiring practices.

I just rolled my eyes...and from then on, it was clear, the story-writer was doing the very best they could to prop up a nothing story and twist it into something interesting.

TeriofTerror

How exactly was the report off the mark? And why would you get angry about it?
I'm angry because instead of mentioning the people by whom a child is far, far more likely to be molested, CNN used the Disney (and UNI and SW) name(s) to grab headlines. The real threat is the people these children encounter in their day-to-day routine, and not the concierge at their hotel. I found this news program long on sensationalism and short on statistics.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm angry because instead of mentioning the people by whom a child is far, far more likely to be molested, CNN used the Disney (and UNI and SW) name(s) to grab headlines. The real threat is the people these children encounter in their day-to-day routine, and not the concierge at their hotel. I found this news program long on sensationalism and short on statistics.
Or, online.

The reality is, lonely children (which, admit it, we are all) are apt to be targets.

To trolls, to bullies, and to predators.

The solution isn't to arrest them, the solution is to remind those we love that they are not alone and enable them with enough real world knowledge to know the difference.

I've been on the net a VERY long time. All this stuff seems "new" to idiots, because they are idiots. It's been around a VERY long time (decades).

They could just have easily flipped this story into a "internet allows predators" story...for sensationalism.

Again, full of technical and other crap...

So, whenever I see some story like this, I just roll my eyes.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And yet, these agencies are just as, if not more so, corrupt and negligent as their private counterparts.

That being said...

I agree with your post. As I stated before, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt by local police.
discussion boards members are not exempt from being hauled into court for posting comments these firms might consider liablous. CNN types can fight the legal challenge. Individuals can't hide behind not revealing their sources and they best have sources that will stand up them in court. I try to stick to facts I can document not facts I need someone else to exhibit in court.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I will say, glad they got those dudes. But that's about all I'm glad for, as I know they were led into it by another "consenting" adult who happened to be a police officer.

Reminds me of Minority Report.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
discussion boards members are not exempt from being hauled into court for posting comments these firms might consider liablous. CNN types can fight the legal challenge. Individuals can't hide behind not revealing their sources and they best have sources that will stand up them in court. I try to stick to facts I can document not facts I need someone else to exhibit in court.
I've been a material witness in how it works when discussion board and other posts are called...

Californian Elitist

Maybe a better solution would simply be life sentences for those proven guilty beyond all doubt.

Prison for life isn't always the answer.

Pedophilia and hebephilia are mental issues recognized as psychiatric disorders in the DSM. People who participate in these types of behaviors are sick. Prison will not simply fix a mental disorder; some sort of psychiatry is needed to help fix the problem. It's easy to want to quickly throw pedophiles and hebephiles in jail for the rest of their lives without actually sitting down and thinking about the issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom