The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My guess is that the "Big news" has something to do with changes intended to increase on site stays -- the most likely IMHO being some change to FP+ to give extra ones to on site (at least Deluxe and/or Moderate guests).

He specifically mentioned that it didn't have anything to do with any of the IPs we think might be coming to the parks as attractions. And he mentioned that it was something that @ParentsOf4 will like, who is someone constantly harping about how TDO needs to do something to drive resort occupancy. He also said that Disney won't be happy with the info being out there, which is probably the case if he talks about something that is driven by falling occupancy rates on property -- Disney doesn't like to admit when things are not doing as well as in the past (who does, really, though?).
Sounds possible. Since we are guessing, I'll guess it has something to do with the magic band, long range RFID scanners and what they are doing with data collected.

culturenthrills

I got to ride Escape From Gringotts Saturday night. Waited about 1 1/2 hours in the single rider line. Got to look at the bank lobby and that is just amazing. Well, the best spoiler free review I can give is to me the ride was hands down the most immersive amazing impressive ride I have ever ridden. It was like Universal Creative took everything they learned from Spiderman, The Mummy and Forbidden Journey and using existing tech creating an amazing ride unlike any i have ever ridden. The 3D was stunning(some of the most realistic I have ever seen) and massive screens(if this is what they are using on Kong that is going to be pretty amazing) and the sets were totally immersive. It was less a ride and more like you were truly a part of the adventure. I got off just grinning from ear to ear and can't wait to ride again. They really have raised the bar again, as they did with Spiderman. I don't know if they or anyone will top this.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

View attachment 58946 Omg I figured out what the bomb is that spirit will be dropping in a bit......forgive me spirit for letting the cat out early but here goes.....HOSTESS CHOCODILES ARE BACK!!!
the image is gone with the wind!

The news tonight?

Lou is hosting the reboot of The Wonderful World of Disney premiering this fall on ABC. His recent TV and media appearences are part of his "training" to fill Walt's shoes. Excerpt from an upcoming blog post on this news:

"Lou and Walt have a lot in common" remarks ABC President, Ben Sherwood. "Both are innovators in their respective fields and have the dynamic charsima needed to take on this important role."

"We believe with Lou as our host the Disney brand will become stronger than ever, and an entire new generation will fall in love with re-imaginings of our great classics like "The Absent-Minded Professor", starring Nick Cannon in the title role, and Shia Labeouf in his triumphant return to Disney."

;)

all this way for that?

wait a sec...!
You almost had me you..you...! :hungover::depressed:

Nubs70

Disney is trying to distance itself from Miley at this time. They want somebody more innocent, with an infectious, warm and sunny personality to play that iconic role.

So they're going with Kristen Stewart.

1920247_525791710871428_1692967900_n.jpg
Looks like she got a princess makeover at Bindley Bindley Boop.

acishere

Yep, they nailed it. Actually there are a few good examples in Vegas. Disney should send someone there to take some notes. I'm available if any Disney corporate type people are reading... I have a feeling they are tonight:rolleyes:
I've gotten to stay at the Aria a few times and thought Disney should take some ideas from their rooms to make the Contemporary live up to its name. You can control pretty much everything from a tablet set up next to the bed.

wogwog

Is it true MK has a new head of entertainment? Where did I read that though I wish I could recall. It was about a month ago.
Former MK GM Ops Chris Lutz went to AK. Former MK GM Entertainment Melissa Valiquette moved to MK GM Ops replacing Chris Lutz. The new MK GM Entertainment is Rachel Quinn. Do not know where she is from. That is all I know.

jt04

Former MK GM Ops Chris Lutz went to AK. Former MK GM Entertainment Melissa Valiquette moved to MK GM Ops replacing Chris Lutz. The new MK GM Entertainment is Rachel Quinn. Do not know where she is from. That is all I know.

Wasn't Rachel a MTV VJ back in the day? Rings a bell.

71jason

DIS certainly gets more traffic. Micechat would be the other, although that of course is DL focussed.

WDWMAGIC is certainly more on-subject than most, even some that may be larger.

Not to swell your head, but used to be a regular reader of both the other two, but haven't been to either in the better part of a year. And the main site is my go-to when I just need basic info re: WDW (hours, show times, etc.). Can't imagine a more definitive WDW site online.

71jason

That is one dead-on piece of analysis right there. You nailed it!

Thanks. Goes back to a conversation I had over Christmas with my brother, a litigation attorney in Silicon Valley (yeah, he makes more in a week than I make in a year). He brought up the whole Pinterest being the only female site on the web thing, and how it's a unicorn because of that. Since then whatever I read online--Disney forums, film forums, political forums--I try to keep in mind the overall bias of the majority of people posting there.

bhg469

Not to swell your head, but used to be a regular reader of both the other two, but haven't been to either in the better part of a year. And the main site is my go-to when I just need basic info re: WDW (hours, show times, etc.). Can't imagine a more definitive WDW site online.
I agree, and he gets extra points for knowing about the big blue water tower in western ny. (It is now even more, blue still the same size)

71jason

Who writes his lines? Dr. Blondie? Crazy Gary? Bland Tommy?

If a professional spin doctor wrote "I know not of what you speak"--they really need to brush up their resume. The perfect softball for a "rising tide raises all boats, Potter fans still should want to come to Disney" response, and he goes for a dumb joke. Had to be off the cuff, right?

I mean, come on Lou, they teach us to do better in law school...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom