The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

71jason

Speaking with the plentiful team members I know at UO, turnout is big obviously, but not nearly on the scale of Hogsmede opening.

I won't share them, but a friend gave me hard numbers that completely disprove that.

Based just on Twitter tho, TMs were saying 6 hour wait from Kwik-E-Mart ... and line stretched back to Mel's. That sounds not far off from 2010. Again, they were using all the "sprung tent" switchbacks, that's 3 hours of queue, easily, hidden backstage. IoA didn't have that, the lines were all in public spaces.

I think the issue is all these Disney bloggers and <cough> journalists just don't know the layout of UOR all that well.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Not to wade into this, but your credit card is only linked to your MB if you are staying on site and therefore functions as the KTTW cards did. There more than likely is no cost savings from moving folks from a system already in place to MB.
I think we have seen somebody already post that the MB have resulted in increased use of that as a method payment vs. pulling out a credit card, in comparison with KTTW cards. Makes sense. With a KTTW card, you needed to pull out a card either way, so many probably just grabbed the credit card. With the band, if you use it, there's just a wave. The savings from the swipe fees are likely noticeable, but not huge.

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As for depreciation the faster the government will let you depreciate things the better it is for taxes. It has nothing to do with how long something will last. Allowing faster depreciation is an economic policy designed to increase investments.

I think @ParentsOf4 was talking about actual depreciation, not financial or tax -- that is, the technology simply becomes obsolete faster. I'm not sure I understand why that would happen with respect to the MM+ stuff, but it isn't impossible. I would think the faster obsolescence is the WiFi equipment in general. If you load all of those costs onto MM+ though, I think that's unfair. WiFi in the park is something that was going to have to come for guest satisfaction anyways. MM+ probably increases the needed bandwidth, but it was coming anyways.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Actually it is true, maybe a later rush will change that. I'm not basing this off of pictures online you and I have both seen, I'm stating what front entrance ops. managers have told me. I'll be more than happy to discuss more of this on the dedicated HP forum.
Well what we are seeing is about 10-11 hours from the end of the line to actually boarding Gringotts. Does anyone know what the wait for FJ was from line entrance to boarding the ride back then?
I think it is definitely far more organized than Hogsmeade.... 10 switch backs :eek: psssh I couldn't do it!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I never used to charge to my room until magic bands
I know others who feel the same way they didn't trust the old system but they do now.
You trust the magic bands more than KTTW? I'm curious as to why (really, just curious -- I don't mean to criticise). KTTW was a swipe of card, same as a Visa. A hand wave feels more secure? Don't get me wrong, it seems obvious that MB is easier to use, but not easier to trust.

Mouse Trap

Well what we are seeing is about 10-11 hours from the end of the line to actually boarding Gringotts. Does anyone know what the wait for FJ was from line entrance to boarding the ride back then?
I think it is definitely far more organized than Hogsmeade.... 10 switch backs :eek: psssh I couldn't do it!

About this time last opening there were mumbles if you just joined the line you would not be seeing Hogsmede.

Ranch Dressing

Crowds are nothing like Hogsmead, but don't let it full you, its busy here.

Gringrotts is moving slow, apparently there still is an issue with the audio getting out of sync on some cars, so its not running at capacity.

HE is a huge people eater for what it is. The fact its different there and back is making people get right back on.

I've seen them firmly tell two different people not to film Gringrotts while riding and to put their cameras away. I should be on soon with my phone here so I'll try.

jakeman

I think we have seem somebody already post that the MB have resulted in increased use of that as a method payment vs. pulling out a credit card, in comparison with KTTW cards. Makes sense. With a KTTW card, you needed to pull out a card either way, so many probably just grabbed the credit card. With the band, if you use it, there's just a wave. The savings from the swipe fees are likely noticeable, but not huge.
You are correct. I was referring mainly to the swipe fees, but that is an important distinction you made.

Mouse Trap

Team Members will probably also tell you the next thing they're building is a Lord of the Rings land. Doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

It's really not hard to figure out. This isn't a rumour, there are tons of people who opened both sides of HP and can very well speak for the turnout.

This isn't inside information my friend.

stlphil

Speaking with the plentiful team members I know at UO, turnout is big obviously, but not nearly on the scale of Hogsmede opening.
One possible factor is that Hogsmeade opened on Friday. At least for me it is easier to get off on a Friday than a Tuesday, and I suspect that is common. Friday may work better for tourists coming into town as well.
Universal may have picked a Tuesday for the opening to try to minimize the madness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom