The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mouse Trap

One possible factor is that Hogsmeade opened on Friday. At least for me it is easier to get off on a Friday than a Tuesday, and I suspect that is common. Friday may work better for tourists coming into town as well.
Universal may have picked a Tuesday for the opening to try to minimize the madness.

And it could easily be a case of putting the vaca off for a few weeks/months because now everyone knows the potential madness they may get themselves in.

Stevek

And I saw video of people literally running in. Seriously? You're all GOING TO THE SAME PLACE. I don't understand the running (that goes for any "must run to attraction")
Probably the first time any of those people have ever run...other than to get a shiny medal in a Disney 1.5K. I just can't imagine waiting in that line. Never, ever, ever. And I mean ever.

Lee

Adventurer
Most people on this forum would be ripping Disney into shreads had this happened during an opening of a ride.
Not the ones who understand the complexities and potential pitfalls of trying to open a groundbreaking ride that just happens to be the centerpiece of arguably the most anticipated land in the history of theme parks.

Kudos to Uni for giving it their best shot. I'd say the same thing about Disney...if/when they decide to build an attraction like that, in a land like that. Hopefully, Avatar or Star Wars will provide an opportunity.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Most people on this forum would be ripping Disney into shreads had this happened during an opening of a ride.
Yeah, only if Disney would make an innovative ride to rip!
Disney got ripped on these boards about Snow White not working on the 7DMT because Animatronics are what Disney is known for, and yet one of their simplest animatronics failed to fuction only a week or two after opening.

Mouse Trap

Not the ones who understand the complexities and potential pitfalls of trying to open a groundbreaking ride that just happens to be the centerpiece of arguably the most anticipated land in the history of theme parks.

Kudos to Uni for giving it their best shot. I'd say the same thing about Disney...if/when they decide to build an attraction like that, in a land like that. Hopefully, Avatar or Star Wars will provide an opportunity.

Ah, we can only hope :)

Stevek

Well what we are seeing is about 10-11 hours from the end of the line to actually boarding Gringotts. Does anyone know what the wait for FJ was from line entrance to boarding the ride back then?
I think it is definitely far more organized than Hogsmeade.... 10 switch backs :eek: psssh I couldn't do it!
Ya know, they wouldn't have this problem if Uni had Magic Bands. ;) 10-11 hours? Insanity. I'd hate to be 5 hours in and decide I really have to, you know, go. If you're going to wait that long, might as well invest in a pair of Depends.

Mouse Trap

Ya know, they wouldn't have this problem if Uni had Magic Bands. 10-11 hours? Insanity. I'd had to be 5 hours in and decide I really have to, you know, go. If you're going to wait that long, might as well invest in a pair of Depends.

A special $200 ExpressPass would be excellent in this occasion

PrincessNelly_NJ

Ya know, they wouldn't have this problem if Uni had Magic Bands. 10-11 hours? Insanity. I'd had to be 5 hours in and decide I really have to, you know, go. If you're going to wait that long, might as well invest in a pair of Depends.
I think it would probably be worst if they had magic bands or fp+. They closed the single rider line because it was over 3 hours and dragging down the stand by line. Hopefully once it is cleared that will speed things up.

EpcoTim

Ya know, they wouldn't have this problem if Uni had Magic Bands. ;) 10-11 hours? Insanity. I'd hate to be 5 hours in and decide I really have to, you know, go. If you're going to wait that long, might as well invest in a pair of Depends.

What exactly would magic bands do? Slow down the crowds getting I to the park enough to give the rides a slight buffer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom