The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
HTF is usually considered the top Universal source. Occasionally he puts out some Disney stuff too. His record is pretty stellar.

I don't see him having put out anything. He teased, which he does frequently. I believe you should hold back if you can't release anything.

I think everyone is on the same page that some SW work will begin in 2015 (that puts opening in the 2018-19 range) and there are many folks trying to push that agenda out this summer considering what UNI is debuting ... I am still waiting for one solid piece of evidence. But talk to someone with Disney and you'll get an earful. I just don't think HTF is doing fans a solid on this one. He does have an account here and uses to post semi-regularly ... maybe someone will summon him here.

FigmentJedi

Something interesting came by on my Tumblr dash in regards to a certain Universal movie related to IoA that might be a clever dig at the competition

Photos from extras on the Jurassic World set indicate that the dinosaur park where things are about to go horribly wrong is using colored plastic wristbands for their admission tickets

tumblr_n7nrhsKmP91rsiohpo4_250.jpg

Yup.

WDW1974

Original Poster
If HTF is excited about something being greenlit, that's good news. Partially because he's been reliable before and partially because he seems like someone who only gets excited by truly quality work. So, what could he be talking about? Could it be Ratatouille to France, which he hinted to before? Maybe, but his reaction seems like it is for something more than that. Something out of the blue like Mystic Manor coming to WDW? Surely would get that reaction, but seems unlikely to happen.

So, the likely thing seems to be, yeah, Star Wars approved in some fashion and he's possibly a big fan. I guess we'll hear more soon enough.

UGH!!!!!!!!!

The Rat ride isn't coming to France. Nor should it (why must this be stated?)
MM isn't coming to any park. And it is HKDL's 'version' of Haunted Mansion. That already exists here.

Star Wars is happening, but I am reasonably sure no budget has been approved and that he likely is being fed the same tales that many of us are. As a UNI fanboi he shouldn't be so happy if these rumours (that is how I would categorize them) are true ...

FigmentJedi

UGH!!!!!!!!!

The Rat ride isn't coming to France. Nor should it (why must this be stated?)
MM isn't coming to any park. And it is HKDL's 'version' of Haunted Mansion. That already exists here.

Star Wars is happening, but I am reasonably sure no budget has been approved and that he likely is being fed the same tales that many of us are. As a UNI fanboi he shouldn't be so happy if these rumours (that is how I would categorize them) are true ...
Even though it's their Mansion equivalent, Mystic Manor is more of an Adventurer's Club ride then anything else and that's why people get hopeful at the possibilities of exportation, which are indeed slim what with HK's exclusivity contracts.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think it is time to leave the realm for the night.

But some Spirited news bites:

I hate putting this first, but I know what fanbois like ... and a flagship Apple store is confirmed for TSFKaDD. I won't be shopping there unless y'all want to give me a gift card.

New restaurant to replace Kouzzina will be called Trattoria Al Forno. Typical pizza and pasta. It will be run by WDW, not a third party. WDI is working on it, so this could take a while.

More upcharge events are on the way.

A good source has been hearing some strong rumblings that Florida Resident discounted tickets (just the 3 and 4 day flavors) might be diminishing or disappearing next year.

This week is the fiscal end for MyMagic+ and the program/finances gets placed on operations with some lingering oversight from the NGE teams. Guest Relations locales across property are losing a lot of labor and temporary assignments have been almost completely sent back to their home area if they still have one. Also coupled by the fact that each location is required to have the five core foreign languages on hand from open to close now as an initiative to have language assistance on hand. They're trading cultural representatives who have little to no experience with CMs who have worked years with the company.

And finally, speaking of Guest Relations, MK is getting a lot of complaints about the Shanghai-sized seating on the kiddie coaster.

Mike S

A good source has been hearing some strong rumblings that Florida Resident discounted tickets (just the 3 and 4 day flavors) might be diminishing or disappearing next year.

they finally caught on that this was a steal of a deal for fla res.

this stinks
For how often and long I go an AP is the better choice but I get that this sucks for other people. This is probably just a cash grab to help cover the MM+ money pit. Great way to go about it Disney. Punishing local fans for your own financial blunder.

PhotoDave219

I'm assuming this is a joke.

No, Google was in the parks giving feedback as recent as last month. Someone reported it on here SOMEWHERE... and my tip of the hat to you.

Palantir. Thats interesting. Its been rumored. @WDW1974 first brought it up. They could be involved for the analytical database examinations? They could be a mere consultant? They could be doing anything. Honestly, repurposing their database technologies to examine the analytics captured with the magic bands seems perfect for what they do. This is all just speculation of course. I cant find any ties between Disney and them.

Hrudey3032

So you think it is safe for an obese person to literally get off the sofa and run a marathon? Do you realize how dangerous that is?
Where did I say get off a sofa and start running? You have nno idea if a obese person has worked on doing a marathon. You would judge me as someone who is in bad shape and should try working out yet you would have zero clue I've lost 2 pant sizes and having been getting healthier lately. How about stop the perception that we all have given up and have no desire to better ourselves.

PhotoDave219

I think it is time to leave the realm for the night.

But some Spirited news bites:

I hate putting this first, but I know what fanbois like ... and a flagship Apple store is confirmed for TSFKaDD. I won't be shopping there unless y'all want to give me a gift card.

New restaurant to replace Kouzzina will be called Trattoria Al Forno. Typical pizza and pasta. It will be run by WDW, not a third party. WDI is working on it, so this could take a while.

More upcharge events are on the way.

This week is the fiscal end for MyMagic+ and the program/finances gets placed on operations with some lingering oversight from the NGE teams. Guest Relations locales across property are losing a lot of labor and temporary assignments have been almost completely sent back to their home area if they still have one. Also coupled by the fact that each location is required to have the five core foreign languages on hand from open to close now as an initiative to have language assistance on hand. They're trading cultural representatives who have little to no experience with CMs who have worked years with the company.

And finally, speaking of Guest Relations, MK is getting a lot of complaints about the Shanghai-sized seating on the kiddie coaster.

Those Play 4 Tickets or the 3 Day tickets have been around for at least Ten years. For those that dont know.... Play 4 Days tickets were FlRes, 4 days for $99. 1D1P. 2004-2005 timeframe. 3 Day Fl Res were essentially the same but 3 1D1P days instead for $99. Those are gone, i think. Now we have the Fl Res 3 Day or 4 day ticket for $179/$199 (so says the website), also 1D1P.

Apple Store? Yay. Less of a drive than Millenia or Fl Mall. We get a passholder discount, right?

Boardwalk? It will be nice to walk around and not see my ex's name in lights.

More upcharge? Im not surprised. The guests eat them up. They sell out. Also, remember E-ride nights? I would not be surprised if they come back. (Merely speculating, not hinting)

I still haven't been on mine train but I have had larger friends who haven't had any complaints. I wonder who's complaining?

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

Arent "Kids" the main target of Carsland?
Kids went nuts with the Cars's franchise. Otherwise.. how could explain the cars franchise selling BILLIONS in merchandise?.

Dunno about Avatar, but it was a hit with the female demographics(almost ever female friend of mine, praised the story and liked it a lot despite being pocahontas in space)
Granted, I'm just a small town girl living in a lonely world, but I have never met anyone, anywhere, who preferred "Avatar" to "Star Wars". (And you're completely right, Cesar; it is just "Pocahontas" with blue people.) If Iger truly believes "Avatar" has a broader fan base, then I really want access to whatever super-awesome drugs he must be taking.

StageFrenzy

Granted, I'm just a small town girl living in a lonely world, but I have never met anyone, anywhere, who preferred "Avatar" to "Star Wars". (And you're completely right, Cesar; it is just "Pocahontas" with blue people.) If Iger truly believes "Avatar" has a broader fan base, then I really want access to whatever super-awesome drugs he must be taking.

Take the midnight train to Hogsmeade, beats the heck outta anywhere else.

WDWDad13

You know what? In all my years on the internet. I never called anyone a troll. I thought everyone had the right to their opinion. Never even considered it. Till now.

You have an opion that squarely goes polar opposite of the OP. Why even bother coming to this thread? To mock people? Just to be a contrarian? Your point? I wanna think that your a grown man.....that it possibly couldn't be jealousy? Trust me I am not a 74 fanbois. But I do enjoy his thread. There is information from him and other posters ( Parentsof4) that you will not find anywhere else. SO now my dear man STFU! before I beat you with a magic wand.

Wow showing your true colors there aren't we lol

I come to this thread just like everyone else....but if I see something that doesn't make sense from anyone and they walk like a duck and quack like a duck....well

WDWDad13

If you pay attention to what he wrote, it says SOME people at WDW and TWDC. Carsland is at DLR not WDW, apparently was coming to WDW, until it wasn’t. It’s entirely possible a demo problem played into why it was delayed/canned. While Carsland has been a tremendous success, there are some execs at DLR that are not satisfied with the food and merch sales in relation to the crowds that descend on the land daily. The lack of girl related merch has been pointed to as a possible reason why the merch sales are not as high as some expected. Again, this is the feeling by some, not all.

Avatar is an Iger pet project and no matter what your feelings might be, when the CEO pushes something through, you choose to pick another battle.

What 74 is saying may or may not be entirely accurate but it certainly is in the realm of possibility.

I could say Disney is building a 5th park too.....it may not be entirely accurate but it certainly is in the realm of possibility

WDWDad13

Im pretty sure they aren't building anything from avatar due to the fan base, it's likely more due to the fact that the story fits AK well and they can hopefully do some incredible things with with

John

Wow showing your true colors there aren't we lol

I come to this thread just like everyone else....but if I see something that doesn't make sense from anyone and they walk like a duck and quack like a duck....well

Nobody has a problem with you coming to this thread to voice an opinion. But you know as well as I do that you made a snarky comment and in doing so you were inciting. That's a troll. I hate the term. But it is what it is. Instead of doing that come in give an intelligent reason why you disagree and be done with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom