The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

Im very interested to see how HP 2.0 's numbers effect Disney.

I'm hoping our watchdogs here will keep an eye on numbers and those of yall lucky enough to be on the ground keep an eye out for crowd levels (and parking, and hotels, because you are all awesome on that front). I'm kinda expecting opening day of 2.0 is be just as nuts as the photos show of 1.0.

Is anyone here planning on being there for the launch? @PhotoDave219 ...

oh hell no.

DougK

Speaking of Crawford...are they about ready to shut down D23 yet? Appears Destination D tix aren't selling like hotcakes

The $1000 tickets sold out almost immediately. Not being the Spirit I cannot afford those but I bought the regular tickets and they also offered a nice Convention discount to stay right at The Contemporary where the event is located. The rate I booked at was $219 per night. It's been quite awhile since I paid that little to stay at The Contemporary!

Anybody else going this November?

Last edited:

Bolna

Not just parking, although that has been horrible. Security just can't handle the crowds either, and neither can the moving walkways. And those are just the glaringly obvious infrastructure failures. UOR has the exact same entrance procedures as it did in 2001, with the exception of new ticket scanners that seem to work worse. Problem is crowds in 2014 are nowhere near what they were in 2001.

Ok, it seems that the theme parks that have invested heavily in new E-tickets have troubles getting the crowds inside (as you are saying about Universal and what @WDW1974 commented about on the process they now have at DL), but the one that did not has by far the most superior "turn stiles" now with those new RFID poles at WDW. I guess WDW wins in the park entry category!! ;)

Mike S

Ok, it seems that the theme parks that have invested heavily in new E-tickets have troubles getting the crowds inside (as you are saying about Universal and what @WDW1974 commented about on the process they now have at DL), but the one that did not has by far the most superior "turn stiles" now with those new RFID poles at WDW. I guess WDW wins in the park entry category!! ;)
Can't disagree here. It is more convenient now with the Magic Bands at park entry.

Ignohippo

Damn. Met my friend with Uni in the hopes of him giving me a tour of the new Potter. He knew on Friday soft openings had been delayed but we decided to meet and have some fun anyway for a few hours.

If it weren't for a damned dragon wing (long story, but the dragon's left wing is the reason for the delay), I would have had complete access to the new area and a personal tour from a Uni exec. We both have plans every weekend for the next couple of months, so this was my only opportunity to get some one-on-one time with him for the foreseeable future.

Needless to say, the park hasn't ever looked better and Uni is out-classing Disney in every possible way. Their attraction and entertainment offerings are by far better than what Disney is offering right now. It's really sad. And, they know it. It's crazy to see a park with so many great entertainment offering when Disney has gotten rid of so many.

He said things like Kong, which he wouldn't confirm or deny (ha, ha), were expensive but not supposed to be huge attendance draws and were just a part of Uni's current philosophy to make the parks as good as they could possibly be – so completely opposite the philosophy of TDO. He also let me know of a couple of other things in the pipeline, but swore me to secrecy.

It was also my first time back in the Kidzone at US. It struck me as so insane that both IoA and US have such amazing kid's areas, yet the WDW parks, which are supposedly the "kid's parks", really have nothing even close to as good. Thankfully, according to him, both areas will be getting major upgrades and will finally get promoted the way they should in the near future.

Hyperspace Hoopla

I like Coke and Pepsi. I probably enjoy Pepsi a little more, but I really like the both of them. I can't imagine going to a Coke fan site and posting about how much better Pepsi is than Coke. If I felt that way, the intelligent move would be to read and post on Pepsi fan sites, and let the people on the Coke site (that want to discuss news and rumors about Coke), talk about Coke, right?

Goofyernmost

I like Coke and Pepsi. I probably enjoy Pepsi a little more, but I really like the both of them. I can't imagine going to a Coke fan site and posting about how much better Pepsi is than Coke. If I felt that way, the intelligent move would be to read and post on Pepsi fan sites, and let the people on the Coke site (that want to discuss news and rumors about Coke), talk about Coke, right?
Seems like both of those sites would be massively boring!

tamotu99

My point being is if you want me in those parks getting photos, it's four figures .

will these four do??

1001hpsm1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom