The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

dadddio

The fact he was "called on it by a few posters" was/is backlash because you do not care for the way he worded a question. This is insane...

"Called on it" for what? lol Why? Are you building a case against him? lol Are you going to contact guest communications and report that he asked a Disney question in an unflattering light? LOL

He started this thread. If people do not care for it...then leave. He is not selling Kool Aid any more potent then what Disney is selling to anyone here. Your "few posters" are worried enough about a question someone asked that you feel is skewed? LOL It's HIS thread! If you do not like it...start your own!

A few people on this board remind me of the listeners who hate Howard Stern. THEY....KEEP....LISTENING.....but of course want to about how bad he is. LOL

HAIL @WDW1974 STERN - KING OF ALL (disney related) MEDIA

Oh, the outrage! LOL

Take a WDW survey sometime and we will talk about skewed questions/answer options!

Your visit to Epcot today was:
A) Great
B) Awesome
C) Terrific
D) Outstanding

(Okay, it's not that bad but pretty damn close!)

Moving on....
Color me amused that you are railing because you think that WDW1974 is getting feedback that other posters wouldn't recieve. Ironically, I bet that you would not have made this wierd rant if the feedback had been directed toward some random, generic poster.

LithiumBill

There is nothing wrong with it, of course, but it's certainly a leading question. I don't see how pointing out that it is a leading question designed to evoke a specific type of response is an issue.

Edit: Here is the question that was asked...

"A Spirited serious question to all the folks who still have pixie dust in their eyes: what currently going on at WDW has you excited enough to burn through thousands of dollars by visiting in 2014 or 2015?"

A nice open opened question, if one wanted to get a variety of honest responses, would be something like....

"A serious question to all the folks in this message board community: Are you planning to visit WDW in 2014 or 2015? And what particular things are motivating you to visit or not do so?"
You need to take into account who the person asking the question is.... We all know @WDW1974 , we know how he speaks, and that was not out of character.

doctornick

You need to take into account who the person asking the question is.... We all know @WDW1974 , we know how he speaks, and that was not out of character.

Yes it's not out of character. I wouldn't expect WDW1974 to use neutral tones in asking a question; it doesn't fit his writing style. But it's still a leading question.

Again, I don't have a problem with it. He can ask whatever question he wants. But it's not correct to pretend that it was an innocent question to just gauge opinions when the context of the question was designed to be leading and evoke a certain response. An open ended, non biased question would have been appropriate if someone truly wanted to see what this message board community was planning to do about visiting or not visiting WDW in the next 2 years.

Kman101

th

Not really. It's still being discussed.

PhotoDave219

Couple of interesting thoughts and observations today…

First, universals Halloween horror nights unveiled that yes, for the third year in a row, they're going to use "the walking dead" as their theme. From what I can tell on social media, this did not go over well with their fans. Me, I really dug it.

Second, also at that park further up interstate four… The walls are down around the London area of the new Harry Potter expansion. Looking like that might soft open soon.

I'm really interested in the Crowd dynamics and how the opening of potter land affects Disney crowds for the summer. Our very own polar bear suggested that it was a disaster parking at Universal already… it might be a good time to avoid the entire Conroy and Kirkman area until… Say September.

And in other news, my feet made the Star Wars weekends photo gallery in the Orlando Sentinel. Odd.

Kman101

ad nauseum

And? Yes it's probably time to move on, that was sort of my point that I don't get the big deal being made about the question he posed. Not sure why my post prompted you to say it's beating a dead horse.

If you don't like what's being discussed, no one's forcing you to read or post. Don't take that the wrong way but I don't understand why, if someone doesn't really care for what's being discussed, ignore it and move on.

truecoat

I would say in general to stay away from domestic carriers internationally. I used to love Continental's Business First product, but United has just butchered the only high quality domestic carrier.

I can't say I have flown a bad foreign carrier, and that even includes Europe's answer to SW in EasyJet. When I have a decent experience on a domestic carrier as I did two weeks ago on Delta, that is cause for celebration. About time we let the foreign carriers into USA service.

What about Aeroflot? I have reservations...I mean I would have a problem booking a flight on that airline, current political situation notwithstanding.

michmousefan

No, not at all.

I wasn't fishing for anything beyond honest answers from others. I'm not quite sure what you think I was looking for. I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on a WDW vacation nor would I tell others that they should. I have been very clear about that.
Back to the point of Spirit's original question: my family and friends will be at WDW in early December -- we've never done the Candlelight processional or seen the Osborne lights, so it will be nice to see those, but the main reason why we are coming to O-Town for a vacation is Diagon Alley. Period. If Potter part 2 wasn't drawing us to Florida (in our minds, the costs for flights, accommodations and car are all for "London"), we wouldn't be tacking on a couple days at WDW. Plus, as we will be hitting Uni first, most of our souvenir and extra spending will be there. Biggest expense at WDW will be for the Processional Dinner package.

As far as having something new and truly original to attract our group to WDW -- I can't think of anything until Pandora opens its gates. I'm sure Disney Springs will be nice, but that's no reason for a special trip.

tamotu99

What about Aeroflot? I have reservations...I mean I would have a problem booking a flight on that airline, current political situation notwithstanding.

Aeroflot are actually investing a lot, and is turning itself around, it is not one of my first choice airlines, but i wouldn't not fly with them nowdays, as opposed to 10 years ago , but yeah current political situation would put me of

DisneyDad1977

In pertinent Disney news, I just received an email about the Star Wars half marathon at Disneyland next January. Any news on when/if this will happen at WDW?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Im very interested to see how HP 2.0 's numbers effect Disney.

I'm hoping our watchdogs here will keep an eye on numbers and those of yall lucky enough to be on the ground keep an eye out for crowd levels (and parking, and hotels, because you are all awesome on that front). I'm kinda expecting opening day of 2.0 is be just as nuts as the photos show of 1.0.

Is anyone here planning on being there for the launch? @PhotoDave219 ...

Mike S

Im very interested to see how HP 2.0 's numbers effect Disney.

I'm hoping our watchdogs here will keep an eye on numbers and those of yall lucky enough to be on the ground keep an eye out for crowd levels (and parking, and hotels, because you are all awesome on that front). I'm kinda expecting opening day of 2.0 is be just as nuts as the photos show of 1.0.

Is anyone here planning on being there for the launch? @PhotoDave219 ...
I'm definitely planning on being there for or close to the opening.

71jason

Couple of interesting thoughts and observations today…

First, universals Halloween horror nights unveiled that yes, for the third year in a row, they're going to use "the walking dead" as their theme. From what I can tell on social media, this did not go over well with their fans. Me, I really dug it.

Classic theme park disconnect. Fans are tired of it--myself included--after 2 years. Especially when it was everywhere in the park last year, so sick of the theme music. But ... general public still ate it up. And show remains a once-a-generation pop culture juggernaut--like a certain cryokinetic Norwegian princess. Can't blame them for bringing it back one more year.

I will say if this is truly a "double" house, that means effectively 9 houses this year, which is a positive anyway you look at it.

I'm really interested in the Crowd dynamics and how the opening of potter land affects Disney crowds for the summer. Our very own polar bear suggested that it was a disaster parking at Universal already… it might be a good time to avoid the entire Conroy and Kirkman area until… Say September.

Not just parking, although that has been horrible. Security just can't handle the crowds either, and neither can the moving walkways. And those are just the glaringly obvious infrastructure failures. UOR has the exact same entrance procedures as it did in 2001, with the exception of new ticket scanners that seem to work worse. Problem is crowds in 2014 are nowhere near what they were in 2001.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom