The Spirited Back Nine ...

khale1970

You can't really compare them, though. Death of a President wasn't a comedy, but a hypothetical docudrama about what might have happened in that situation - the point of it wasn't the killing of the President, but to raise questions about how things are done among the various Washington agencies, and how such a situation might come about and be handled, not made as some kind of perverse liberal wish-fulfilment or laugh-a-minute comedy.

I'm okay with either the comedy or the drama about any country's political leaders. They are politicians, not God kings the masses should fear to insult. I was just pointing out the fact that a studio in another country made a movie about assassinating a sitting U.S. president less than 18 months after someone actually attempted to assassinate that president via a live (but thankfully malfunctioning) hand grenade. Yet there was no effort by the U.S. government to stop the release of the movie.

NearTheEars

Man fell to his death on the ropes course in Artegon Marketplace (the repurposed as a flea market Festival Bay Mall on I-Drive). Read elsewhere it seems like a clear-cut negligence case, basic safety measures were not followed.

The real question is if the p.r. hastens Artegon's demise--I already didn't see it lasting past Spring Break.

It's a flea market now?

bhg469

It's ... unique. Part flea market, part art festival, part holdover tenants from when it was Festival Bay (albeit with all the fountains and tile ripped out). Earlier this month I put a much fuller review in the "Other Orlando" thread if you're interested.
Link? Because I am.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Found out my boss is grand Floridian DVC owner.

Her and another coworker are rabid WDW fans. Both put down Disneyland and one of those two has never been and isn't interested.

as if the new year ('s eve and all its stupid hoopla) isn't depressing enough, I had to explain to them what Disneyland is about. Eyes glazed over.

I'll be under the desk drinking from the bottle, if anyone's looking for me. Or wants to join.

acishere

Her and another coworker are rabid WDW fans. Both put down Disneyland and one of those two has never been and isn't interested.

as if the new year ('s eve and all its stupid hoopla) isn't depressing enough, I had to explain to them what Disneyland is about. Eyes glazed over.

I'll be under the desk drinking from the bottle, if anyone's looking for me. Or wants to join.
Would you consider it better or worse to work in an office that mostly looks at Disneyland and World as something for the kids enjoyment only?

tissandtully

I've never understood not wanting to experience new things, I for one can't wait to go to DLR for the first time and of course TDR is on my bucket list. If people are fans of Disney, they should be drooling to experience more of what it has to offer, although stay off my precious DCL, I don't need the prices to go any higher!

Cesar R M

I've never understood not wanting to experience new things, I for one can't wait to go to DLR for the first time and of course TDR is on my bucket list. If people are fans of Disney, they should be drooling to experience more of what it has to offer, although stay off my precious DCL, I don't need the prices to go any higher!
While new experiences are good, some people like to repeat what they love.
I for example.. always return to the same restaurants and order the same dishes. Because I just love them.
They perhaps love things so much they want to keep feeling them.

Progress.City

You are in for a treat! When do you plan to go? Make the classics a priority over the newer stuff. Trust me. Even though, the names of the rides may be the same, it's a completely better experience (excluding Splash Mountain). Make sure you do:

Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Alice in Wonderland
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
It's a Small World
Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion

Even though Florida's version of the Haunted Mansion has a few additional scenes, I can't explain why, but I like the California version better. I hesitated to put it on my list simply because the Florida version is supposed to be better, but I'll let you be the judge.

EDIT - I forgot to mention Tower of Tower. The DCA version is different than the DHS version. It has better special effects, but it is "darker" in tone and completely lacks the Fifth Dimension scene. Ride it for comparison's sake, but I prefer the Florida version.

EDIT #2 - I added Indiana Jones and Cartoon Spin. Indiana Jones is a super-must-see. Cartoon Spin is worth seeing (but do the classics first). I did not include Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Canal Boats, Snow White, Columbia Sailing Ship, Winnie the Pooh, or Buzz Light Year because these are not must-see attractions for people who's been to WDW millions of times, in my opinion. See Buzz Light Year, even if I did not include it in my list because the DL version is superior, but still not a must-see. I did not include bobsleds because EE at AK is superior, but see it if you have time because it's a different kind of ride. Of course, see RSR at DCA.

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

You are in for a treat! When do you plan to go? Make the classics a priority over the newer stuff. Trust me. Even though, the names of the rides may be the same, it's a completely better experience (excluding Splash Mountain). Make sure you do:

Alice in Wonderland
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
It's a Small World
Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion

Even though Florida's version of the Haunted Mansion has a few additional scenes, I can't explain why, but I like the California version better. I hesitated to put it on my list simply because the Florida version is supposed to be better, but I'll let you be the judge.

EDIT - I forgot to mention Tower of Tower. The DCA version is different than the DHS version. It has better special effects, but it is "darker" in tone and completely lacks the Fifth Dimension scene. Ride it for comparison's sake, but I prefer the Florida version.
And of course, add these to your list:

Indiana Jones Adventure
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pinocchio
Columbia Sailing Ship
Storybookland Canal Boats
Matterhorn Bobsleds

And if you go to California Adventure, Radiator Springs Racers is a must do.

bhg469

While new experiences are good, some people like to repeat what they love.
I for example.. always return to the same restaurants and order the same dishes. Because I just love them.
They perhaps love things so much they want to keep feeling them.
And what's sad is I want to love wdw again but man, they are trying really hard to make me never want to go back. Perhaps the only thing I am at all interested in seeing is the Pandora expansion and boat ride but not Soarin over Pandora, they can keep it. And of course, star wars... I want it to blow me away so badly.

Progress.City

And of course, add these to your list:

Indiana Jones Adventure
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pinocchio
Columbia Sailing Ship
Storybookland Canal Boats
Matterhorn Bobsleds

And if you go to California Adventure, Radiator Springs Racers is a must do.
How did I forget Indiana Jones?!?!

Ignohippo

There's no reason why a company the size of Disney shouldn't take advantage of a recession to spend money on new projects during it. You have better leverage against your contractors because they need work, the growth in attendence slows a bit allowing for some extra flexibility, and , on the inverse of your observation, the economy may be in a better place on opening day.

Aw c'mon. You're using common sense. You know that isn't Disney's way!

If that were the case, DHS and the current AK updates should have been done 5-10 years ago. Just think how much better off they would be financially right now if they had done all of that when they needed to.

With as many people that are visiting the parks now, they would be having amazing performance if they actually had some new things to offer and two more parks that were up to a full-day level!

Progress.City

Has anything leaked yet? Star Wars screenplay, Star Wars park expansion plans or ride blueprints, Star Wars ANYTHING, DHS expansion blueprints or plans, ANY blueprints or plans (other than Avatar), anything????

We all know there's a lot being worked on but this is the longest we've been waiting without so much of a leak! Either there are leaks I don't know about or Disney has improved security drastically!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom