The Spirited Back Nine ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just can't believe they're going to leave the park in such a state, for so long...

Unfortunately I'm not It took almost 20 years after 20K Leagues closed to replace it with a permanent attraction (NFL) . And it's closure was sudden just like the ones at DHS. For some this was when they decided that this is when WDW started going downhill.

Remember I said that the DHS closures were all about reducing OPEX, Looks like I was right much to my sorrow WDW is NOT going to stop closing stuff until the gate drops. Next year will probably be when UNI surpasses gate on DHS on a sustained basis.

BrerJon

An Aunt May film? Who the hell wants to see that?!?

I could see a good young Parker family movie somewhere... in the original comics, Peter's parents were secret agents, so a movie about a young couple, May and Ben, and Ben's sister getting married to someone involved in the spy trade... could be an interesting movie, with a similar tone to Spider-Man.

But a movie about the older, widowed May, about all the exciting things she gets up to when Peter's not around? Less interesting. Unless it's revealed all these years that she too has been a secret superhero too, the Silver Crochet or whatever.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Remember I said that the DHS closures were all about reducing OPEX, Looks like I was right much to my sorrow WDW is NOT going to stop closing stuff until the gate drops. Next year will probably be when UNI surpasses gate on DHS on a sustained basis.
Nothing has changed.

@PhotoDave219 has been saying that SW Land is coming as part of a later phase of the DHS rebuild (with a separate budget) for months now. @WDW1974 also confirmed that Star Wars was likely 5+ years out in Florida. This doesn't mean that nothing new is coming to DHS until 2020. Just nothing from a galaxy far, far away.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Nothing has changed.

@PhotoDave219 has been saying that SW Land is coming as part of a later phase of the DHS rebuild (with a separate budget) for months now. @WDW1974 also confirmed that Star Wars was likely 5+ years out in Florida. This doesn't mean that nothing new is coming to DHS until 2020. Just nothing from a galaxy far, far away.

So far what we KNOW is coming to DHS

1 - 3rd track for TSMM
2 - Toy Story Playland

The 5 year figure for StarWars considering it's going to be 2015 in 19 days does indeed match neatly to 2020.

Even though DHS is getting SOME new stuff it will still be a shell of it's former self for a LONG time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So far what we KNOW is coming to DHS

1 - 3rd track for TSMM
2 - Toy Story Playland

The 5 year figure for StarWars considering it's going to be 2015 in 19 days does indeed match neatly to 2020.

Even though DHS is getting SOME new stuff it will still be a shell of it's former self for a LONG time.
And multiple insiders including Lee, Spirit, Martin and Dave all heard that the budget was at least as large as the DCA 2.0 makeover. Even with the bloated budgets that WDI has for projects that's a ton of cash and has to be significantly more than 1 and 2 above. I know your answer is that budgets can be cut or changed but the starting point is at least a substantial redo. In other words the current plan is to close a bunch of attractions to add new stuff not just to cut operating costs.

Zac Skellington

Unfortunately I'm not It took almost 20 years after 20K Leagues closed to replace it with a permanent attraction (NFL) . And it's closure was sudden just like the ones at DHS. For some this was when they decided that this is when WDW started going downhill.

Sure. I'm not surprised they'd take this route, but d***.... Is there an end to their arrogance?

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And multiple insiders including Lee, Spirit, Martin and Dave all heard that the budget was at least as large as the DCA 2.0 makeover. Even with the bloated budgets that WDI has for projects that's a ton of cash and has to be significantly more than 1 and 2 above. I know your answer is that budgets can be cut or changed but the starting point is at least a substantial redo. In other words the current plan is to close a bunch of attractions to add new stuff not just to cut operating costs.

I'll believe substantial when construction equipment shows up, I'm frustrated with WDW these days because EVERY time I visit TDO has taken something else away with nothing new to replace it

Kman101

SXLp6cJ.jpg

I got that, after I posted that, lol, but haven't been told why it's the joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom