The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

bhg469

"There will be a much larger 'Star Wars' presence in our parks globally. But we want to do this big, which takes time, and to do it right." I'm gonna hold you to that Iger. Star Wars Land better wow me.
If they take a page from Universal and theme it very well then I will be happy. I do not want another NFL where 4 world's are smashed together and have very little flow. I Would love for them to use all their parks, give me a reason to park hop just like Universal did.

Mike S

If they take a page from Universal and theme it very well then I will be happy. I do not want another NFL where 4 world's are smashed together and have very little flow. I Would love for them to use all their parks, give me a reason to park hop just like Universal did.
Like a land in each park? I would be fine with a single area in DHS done to the very best of their ability rather than them trying to spread it around.

bhg469

Like a land in each park? I would be fine with a single area in DHS done to the very best of their ability rather than them trying to spread it around.
I don't see all the parks, I don't see it fitting in epcot at all but I also don't see the star wars universe fitting in any area DHS can handle. I want hoth, bespin, tatooine, and endor's forest moon. There is no way they can transition cleanly between those environments. I could easily make a story for Dak if Pandora wasn't already going there. DHS is obvious and MK could definitely get creative.

Notice I'm not willing to mess with epcot but WDI is more than willing.

Quinnmac000

Opinion: Disney should buy out Studio Ghibli and theatrically release their films instead of those straight to home video mess deal they currently have...so then people wouldn't be paying nearly 50 bucks a DVD just to see a movie and also the fact people have paid 50 bucks just for a DVD copy that isnt blu-ray shows there is some interest.

Mike S

I'd prefer a different land in each park. THAT would be smart.

And by each park I mean Paris, Anaheim ...

Hollywood Studios would clearly be Tatooine. The foundation is already there for it.
I can agree with that. Make each Star Wars Land a little unique. DL gets the forest moon of Endor, we get Tatooine, and I think Bespin could look pretty nice next to DLP's Discoveryland. Tokyo isn't getting a land correct?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"There will be a much larger 'Star Wars' presence in our parks globally. But we want to do this big, which takes time, and to do it right." I'm gonna hold you to that Iger. Star Wars Land better wow me.

Do it right does not refer to Guests it refers to ROI, If Iger thought he could get more $$$ if he allowed UNI to do a Star Wars land it would happen in a NY minute.

FrankLapidus

In regards to Inside Out my expectations were pretty much through the roof already because I think Pete Docter is a genius. The trailer was great, I've enjoyed Pixar's recent efforts but this really looks like it could be a return to top form.

As for Star Wars in the parks, bring it on. The possibilities are pretty much endless and I'll remain cautiously optimistic that Disney can pull off something amazing. Its what an IP like Star Wars deserves, we'll see whether Disney will deliver.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I think it's more that other locations learned that people WILL pay.. so just like the theme park ticket prices just chased the guy willing to charge the most... food service is doing the same thing. They know you will pay for a $8 hotdog at the stadium... so why charge $3? Let's push the limit and charge $5.. and then the next guy goes 'they'll pay $5, why not $6?' and it continues.

No matter how you cut it though, the premium charged by WDW is absurd. Others have just stepped in the vacuum behind it. Very few things WDW keeps competitive (like drink prices)... everything else... off to the races.

$1.75 for an apple?? That's what you can pay at a kiosk at WDW.
$2.50 for a bottle of water..
$16 for a freaking SALAD at Brown Derby
$38 a PLATE for lamb..

These prices are nuts. Those prices are not 10-20% over priced, they are over 3x over priced. You've just become numb to them because other locations are following and doing the same.

I usually stay out of these discussions but not today...

$2.50 for a bottle a water is high, but not 3x what you pay for a bottle of Dasani for where I live. Typically a gas station or even grocery store charges $1.29 to $1.75. The baseball stadium here charges $4.00 for a bottle of Dasani and $7.00 for a 24oz Coke so that makes WDW a steal.

I piece of fresh fruit is usually $1.00 to $1.25 at a convenience store too, making those particular items a bit overpriced but considering the "hostage" situation most guests are in I would not consider it price gouging.

Food prices are about 25%-30% in WDW than in most restaurants here of like quality on average, buffets not included and generally the service (as bad as many on this board make it out to be) is MUCH better than most here. Service as a whole here is absolutely terrible, terrible, terrible which directly results in any halfway decent service looking very good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom