The Spirited Back Nine ...

Horizons1

They say you're born into this world with two things, your honor & your name. At least they still have their name
I would love to have some one on one facetime with that individual, ask him some questions, and watch him sweat. He is one of biggest tools I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

Disneyhead'71

The only reason I brought it up is because many point to Universal and say "look how fast they got it done, Disney's going so slow!", but the don't realize that the two garages underwent different build methods.

I agree a "finally!" is definitely a feeling any of us who frequent the DTD area on even a semi-regular area have. I feel the same way to an extent. But it was completed fairly fast all things considered, it just seems like MUCH longer because of the headache traffic has been.
OK, but can we mention that it should have been built 10 years ago? Even before they plyboarded up a third of the place and let it rot for 6+ years.

Kman101

Since this is a catch-all thread, the parks were pretty slow yesterday. Hit Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Walked right onto Kilimanjaro Safaris at about 12:30 in the afternoon, had an entire row to myself. Pretty sure the bridge effect worked (mentioned it because Mike S mentioned it in his thoughts while hitting the parks last week). Most everything seemed to range from 10 to 30 minutes. Usual suspects were 40-60 minutes (Pan, Dwarfs Mine), but really enjoyable overall (and with the Mine Train, it said 60 but I was on in about 45). Also really enjoyed the Jingle Cruise. The skipper was great and into it. I'd say if any week could be a "slow week" this week would be it. It also probably helped it rained a bit on and off. Maybe they were all in line at Epcot to see Neil Patrick Harris. Wow was that line looooong. I mean LONG. LOL

asianway

I would love to have some one on one facetime with that individual, ask him some questions, and watch him sweat. He is one of biggest tools I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.
It's like a hydra - you can see there's already a board member licking his chops on how he can devote his life to the cause

Animaniac93-98

It's ironic that one of the bigger complaints around here (and a justified complaint) is that the stores on Main Street sell the same genetic **** but now people are upset that Disney isn't making this alley into more retail space.

Additional retail is only one component of the overall missed opportunitiy with this project. They could have added restrooms and benches along the path, have it indoors with air conditioning, make an extra spot or two to grab snacks and drinks etc. Instead of permanently expanding park capacity (which includes retail), they chose to just decorate a backstage area, with minimal effort.

The gains in guest experience are marginal and the added benefits to operation are non existant because the space was previously used for the same purpose. The whole project feels like a case of "why bother?", particularily when compared with the extensive and more professional looking work being done in the nearby hub.

Last edited:

Nubs70

"Hey bay, Come At the king? You best not miss."
th.jpeg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is how I see it too. Providing an alternate exit for people who don't want to pass through a store is a positive for all guests. Shoppers have more room to shop and people who just want to get the heck out can. Win/win.

It's ironic that one of the bigger complaints around here (and a justified complaint) is that the stores on Main Street sell the same genetic **** but now people are upset that Disney isn't making this alley into more retail space. in this case Disney is giving up an opportunity to make more money in order to offer guests a quick exit. Guest experience ahead of profits.

Erm No, If you are in the 'wrong' place after the fireworks being herded down one of the cattle chutes (@ABQ notes there is another even worse one by CP/First Aid) is about as optional as being scanned/groped by the TSA at a US airport.

You WILL be herded down the path regardless of your desire to head for Main St.

This is NOT an optional quick bypass for guests (like at AK where there are multiple paths out of Harambe) this is another figurative finger to guests by TDO, Scram - we are done with you for now.

bhg469

Erm No, If you are in the 'wrong' place after the fireworks being herded down one of the cattle chutes (@ABQ notes there is another even worse one by CP/First Aid) is about as optional as being scanned/groped by the TSA at a US airport.

You WILL be herded down the path regardless of your desire to head for Main St.

This is NOT an optional quick bypass for guests (like at AK where there are multiple paths out of Harambe) this is another figurative finger to guests by TDO, Scram - we are done with you for now.
Yes, this is absolutely true. We tried to leave during the parade and planned on exiting through the shops while browsing. Not even an option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom