The Spirited Back Nine ...

Cesar R M

I know I'm not 74, but last I heard it had been shelved again (mercifully) with Frozen being the near-term excuse to put it off.
again??
Ub57j2r.gif

DC0703

I still like the Tiki Room as is, personally, but I'm open to an update of it as long as it's not as obnoxious as the last "refresh" was. But Moana will probably need to be a blockbuster in Disney's eyes. My first thought was Adventureland after hearing about the movie.

I think Moana will do well when it is released, but I'd stop short of predicting a blockbuster. My theory, when it comes to Disney animated features, is that princesses, castles and pixie dust tend to bring in the mega bucks. In other words, the ones in the classic Disney fairy tale style. I could be wrong (Lion King doesn't fit that mold), but that's usually my theory.

It does look like it will be an interesting film though. I was thinking the lead character's presence is most likely to show up at the Polynesian resort.

truecoat

The Wire in HD is coming to HBO signature and Go. Early next year the blu ray of all 5 seasons will be released

There is a change being in HD. This series was shot on film but framed for tv. The new remasters will be formatted to 16x9 for the benefit of being in widescreen. You will get a little extra information on the sides now but the top of the frame will be cut off. Sounds like it improves some of the scenes and others suffer.

Kman101

I think Moana will do well when it is released, but I'd stop short of predicting a blockbuster. My theory, when it comes to Disney animated features, is that princesses, castles and pixie dust tend to bring in the mega bucks. In other words, the ones in the classic Disney fairy tale style. I could be wrong (Lion King doesn't fit that mold), but that's usually my theory.

It does look like it will be an interesting film though. I was thinking the lead character's presence is most likely to show up at the Polynesian resort.

I agree completely with you. I personally don't see it getting much at all but I'd love to be wrong if the movie's great. I agree it looks like an interesting movie. I mean, look at Big Hero 6. I'd say it was a pretty good success story yet it gets nowhere near the buzz Frozen has and continues to get, for example.

John

Every night I check here to see if @WDW1974 just might happen to wonder in. Am I a sycophant? Naaaaaaaa just a friend. Sorry the place gets a little boring. I dig SW as much as the next guy. Cheese Steaks are one of my favorite foods. But when we need some juicy WDW news there really is just one source around these parts ( no offense Steve )....its 74. Godspeed.

Phil12

Disney Pixar Slate 2015-2018
Blue Pixar
Green Walt Disney Animation
May 2015: Inside Out
November 2015: Good Dinosaur

March 2016: Zootopia
June 2016: Finding Dory
November 2016: Moana
June 2017: Toy Story 4
November 2017: Untitled

March 2018: Untitled
June 2018: Untitled
November 2018: Untitled
Where is Frozen II?

Phil12

At the absolute earliest the November 2018 release
Certainly they could put together a release of "The Adventures of Olaf and Pablo the Penguin" in 2015. It just seems like a natural to me for the WS. Or, perhaps I've let the cat out of the bag and that's what they're planning for the Norway pavilion. Darn, I hope Dave isn't angry with me for not using a spoiler tag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom