The Spirited Back Nine ...

Cesar R M

B3o5VkbCYAALPcU.jpg:large

best Elsa i've seen yet
wow.. elsa really let herself go...:eek:

Mike S

Here we are. The final post. I stopped by the Frozen playground to check it out. All I thought was, "what could Disney do with actual effort put in an indoor Frozen area." Sadly I'll never know, in Florida at least.
image.jpg

Saw Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears in Streets of America and really enjoyed them. Very talented group. I also found Roger Rabbit.
image.jpg

MuppetVision was enjoyable as always. If it has to go in the coming park rebuild I at least hope the Muppets stay in some form. Maybe something new? Toy Story Midway Mania is still a pretty fun shooter. I always stop by One Man's Dream each trip cause I love the movie. Walt really was one in a billion. After that the last thing I did was stop by the Animation building to see Baymax. Snapped a pretty good picture while he was mid blink. He looks, tired ;)
image.jpg

Well that's it. The end. I'm on my way home now. Thanks for bearing with me till the bear end :)

Cesar R M

Here we are. The final post. I stopped by the Frozen playground to check it out. All I thought was, "what could Disney do with actual effort put in an indoor Frozen area." Sadly I'll never know, in Florida at least.
View attachment 75422
Saw Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears in Streets of America and really enjoyed them. Very talented group. I also found Roger Rabbit.
View attachment 75423
MuppetVision was enjoyable as always. If it has to go in the coming park rebuild I at least hope the Muppets stay in some form. Maybe something new? Toy Story Midway Mania is still a pretty fun shooter. I always stop by One Man's Dream each trip cause I love the movie. Walt really was one in a billion. After that the last thing I did was stop by the Animation building to see Baymax. Snapped a pretty good picture while he was mid blink. He looks, tired ;)
View attachment 75424
Well that's it. The end. I'm on my way home now. Thanks for bearing with me till the bear end :)
he's just tired of Iger's bs ;)

Magenta Panther

So you are only capable of suspending dis-belief when it's a Disney movie? o_O As for the purpose of the hilt, that same thing that the hilt of a real sword is for, to protect the users hand from the enemy sword.

I'm capable of suspending disbelief if the movie in question is well-written and enticing enough to make me want to. I shouldn't have to work at it, and with the best Disney films, I don't have to. I did have that trouble with Cars, however; I just couldn't see how the cars built their buildings and repaired themselves and...reproduced...:eek: It was never explained, and magic wasn't a factor, so it was all just too much of a stretch. So I didn't enjoy that one much.

As for the "hilt" thing, okay....except that sword hilts aren't made out of plasma or laser which could quite easily lop off the fingers of the hand behind them, pressing against them. Just saying. But if you have no difficulty with that, more power to you. Maybe the wielder of the lightsabre wears special gloves. That would explain everything nicely, no pixie dust needed. :)

lazyboy97o

Presumably, the purpose is to block your opponent from sliding his light saber down yours to cut off fingers/your hand. It's one of the reasons that crossguards exist on actual metal swords.
The problem with the design shown in the trailer is the the actual light for the crossguard does not go to the handle. Another lightsaber would just slice through where the crossguards are focused.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm capable of suspending disbelief if the movie in question is well-written and enticing enough to make me want to. I shouldn't have to work at it, and with the best Disney films, I don't have to. I did have that trouble with Cars, however; I just couldn't see how the cars built their buildings and repaired themselves and...reproduced...:eek: It was never explained, and magic wasn't a factor, so it was all just too much of a stretch. So I didn't enjoy that one much.

As for the "hilt" thing, okay....except that sword hilts aren't made out of plasma or laser which could quite easily lop off the fingers of the hand behind them, pressing against them. Just saying. But if you have no difficulty with that, more power to you. Maybe the wielder of the lightsabre wears special gloves. That would explain everything nicely, no pixie dust needed. :)

.... and why do the cars have doors?

doctornick

Way to over think a kids movie...lol geesh...

Agreed. It's obvious this stuff is fake and supposed to be whimsical. I mean, you can come up with such stuff for virtually any "fantasy" movie -- e.g. why does Buzz de-animate when Andy enters the room in Toy Story if he doesn't think he is a toy? We see in the same movie that they toys can be animated with humans around if they want to be.

Same goes for Star Wars really. One of the benefits of SW (compared to say Star Trek) is that they don't try to be beholden to physics and reality. It's just sciency stuff but meant for fun. In fact, I think when Star Wars tries to explain things (e.g. mid-chloridians) that it gets stupid. IMHO just accept stuff as internally consistent and enjoy the ride. If someone wants a light saber with crossblades, go for it!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Agreed. It's obvious this stuff is fake and supposed to be whimsical. I mean, you can come up with such stuff for virtually any "fantasy" movie -- e.g. why does Buzz de-animate when Andy enters the room in Toy Story if he doesn't think he is a toy? We see in the same movie that they toys can be animated with humans around if they want to be.

Same goes for Star Wars really. One of the benefits of SW (compared to say Star Trek) is that they don't try to be beholden to physics and reality. It's just sciency stuff but meant for fun. In fact, I think when Star Wars tries to explain things (e.g. mid-chloridians) that it gets stupid. IMHO just accept stuff as internally consistent and enjoy the ride. If someone wants a light saber with crossblades, go for it!

That's why I have always considered Star Wars more of a fantasy adventure then sci-fi.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I love the way your mind works. It's fascinating. A little crazy, but still fascinating. I never gave Cars a second thought, but now that you mention it, the concept is a bit bizarre and possibly even creepy.

Star Wars at least has "the force" which is a little like magic in a way so they can get away with lots of things not physically possible. Maybe if the wielder of the lightsaber is not a Jedi their fingers would be cut off. It's a better security feature than those hand guns with finger print scanners.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom