The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

This is quite possibly the last time I'll see the BAH in person since my pass expires today and I don't think I'll update it for a while, maybe sometime after Disneyland.

It's out with the old..........
image.jpg
image.jpg

........and in with the older (and better).
image.jpg

In the small amount of time sitting by a fountain in the courtyard of the Great Movie Ride Chip n' Dale, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy all walked by. These are the M&G's I like, random encounters. This was my first ride on GMR since I've seen almost all of the movies featured. All that's left for me is Singin' in the Rain. I saw them all on TCM coincidentally ;) Both guides on GMR were great, please don't get rid of them Disney. I even got the western scene. Hopefully GMR will get a nice needed refurb sometime after TCM takes over. Star Tours was great but there was a bit of dust in an area of the queue and even in the ride vehicle. Should be easy enough to take care of, right? Going on Tower of Terror now, see you guys later with possibly my last post about my trip.

ETA: The guy sitting next to me on Tower grabbed my arm on the first drop. He quickly let go but I thought it was funny :hilarious:

Last edited:

asianway

This is quite possibly the last time I'll see the BAH in person since my pass expires today and I don't think I'll update it for a while, maybe sometime after Disneyland.

It's out with the old..........
View attachment 75407 View attachment 75408
........and in with the older (and better).View attachment 75409
In the small amount of time sitting by a fountain in the courtyard of the Great Movie Ride Chip n' Dale, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy all walked by. These are the M&G's I like, random encounters. This was my first ride on GMR since I've seen almost all of the movies featured. All that's left for me is Singin' in the Rain. I saw them all on TCM coincidentally ;) Both guides on GMR were great, please don't get rid of them Disney. I even got the western scene. Hopefully GMR will get a nice needed refurb sometime after TCM takes over. Star Tours was great but there was a bit of dust in an area of the queue and even in the ride vehicle. Should be easy enough to take care of, right? Going on Tower of Terror now, see you guys later with possibly my last post about my trip.

ETA: The guy sitting next to me on Tower grabbed my arm on the first drop. He quickly let go but I thought it was funny :hilarious:
Those characters are at the hat every day and on the times guide. Not random sorry

Magenta Panther

So I guess you pretty much don't like any movie Disney has ever made? ;)

I was speaking facetiously, of course, but just the same, Star Wars really isn't a part of the Disney universe, despite its purchase by Iger, so the same suspension of disbelief I apply to, say, Peter Pan, can't really be applied to that galaxy far, far away. And so I still think the new hilt-lights in that lightsabre are pretty dumb, frankly, and I'd still like to know how they're not cutting the guy's fingers off AND what the heck they're for anyway. Aside from making SW fanbois go "squee!"

doctornick

How is that lightsabre not burning at least two of that guy's fingers off???

I've seen others make similar comments and don't get it -- why would having crossguard plasma cause someone to lose their fingers? Aren't all the users' fingers wrapped around the (perfectly safe to touch) hilt of the light saber? Why would you have any fingers extended to where the crossguard comes out?

Magenta Panther

I've seen others make similar comments and don't get it -- why would having crossguard plasma cause someone to lose their fingers? Aren't all the users' fingers wrapped around the (perfectly safe to touch) hilt of the light saber? Why would you have any fingers extended to where the crossguard comes out?

The hilt-lights look awfully close to that guy's hand, is all I'm saying. What are they for, anyway?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was speaking facetiously, of course, but just the same, Star Wars really isn't a part of the Disney universe, despite its purchase by Iger, so the same suspension of disbelief I apply to, say, Peter Pan, can't really be applied to that galaxy far, far away. And so I still think the new hilt-lights in that lightsabre are pretty dumb, frankly, and I'd still like to know how they're not cutting the guy's fingers off AND what the heck they're for anyway. Aside from making SW fanbois go "squee!"

So you are only capable of suspending dis-belief when it's a Disney movie? o_O As for the purpose of the hilt, that same thing that the hilt of a real sword is for, to protect the users hand from the enemy sword.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom