The Spirited Back Nine ...

Goofyernmost

It's not like it was constant. Just sometimes it would bark once or twice when a new Bear went on and then the people got him to stop. He first barked at the three mounted heads when they started up. I thought it was service cause it had the harness and was with a guy in a wheelchair.
It probably was a service dog, but, it certainly wasn't trained properly if it was. Service dogs are working animals and therefore are supposedly trained not to react on a "personal" level with it's surroundings. My fear is that when you introduce a non-trained animal in a highly tense, large crowd atmosphere, one is never sure how they are going to react to it. It could very well freak them out.

MerlinTheGoat

While it's now non-canon, i would guess it entirely possible that some concepts from the Expanded Universe could be used in the future of the franchise. Probably not with stories happening after Return of the Jedi, but probably some of the past events prior to the prequel trilogy could still be used. One example of this is a character named Darth Bane, an EU character who had a brief scene in one of the Clone Wars episodes. Clone Wars is considered canon at this point so Darth Bane is as well. If his story is ever expanded upon in the future, I would expect it to take some different turns here and there, but the character and original purpose were kept intact (notably being the creator of the "rule of two"). We'll see however.

Goofyernmost

Well, relatively speaking, I never tire of seeing Einstein in Ellen's Energy Adventure
It has been said that it is Tim Conway that is playing the part of Einstein. I don't know, there is nothing that looks even vaguely familiar in his features. Could be I guess, but, it could be more then likely someone else.

HMF

While it's now non-canon, i would guess it entirely possible that some concepts from the Expanded Universe could be used in the future of the franchise. Probably not with stories happening after Return of the Jedi, but probably some of the past events prior to the prequel trilogy could still be used. One example of this is a character named Darth Bane, an EU character who had a brief scene in one of the Clone Wars episodes. Clone Wars is considered canon at this point so Darth Bane is as well. If his story is ever expanded upon in the future, I would expect it to take some different turns here and there, but the character and original purpose were kept intact (notably being the creator of the "rule of two"). We'll see however.
The newest Canon-book Tarkin is littered with EU references not that they make much sense since the sources which give them context are non-canon. Disney bought a very well established Universe and gutted a good chunk of it. The Star Wars Universe is a far less interesting place now than it was before Disney bought it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It probably was a service dog, but, it certainly wasn't trained properly if it was. Service dogs are working animals and therefore are supposedly trained not to react on a "personal" level with it's surroundings. My fear is that when you introduce a non-trained animal in a highly tense, large crowd atmosphere, one is never sure how they are going to react to it. It could very well freak them out.
Maybe the dog was absent from class the day they taught not barking at animatronic bears;). Either that or he just hates bears. Mike should have followed him to Splash Mountain and seen if he barked at the animatronic fox or rabbit. If he got no reaction from them then it's just a bear thing, if he still barked maybe an AA phobia. Either way I'd pay money for the on ride photo of the dog going down the big hill at Splash Mountain:cool:

jdmdisney99

I hate to point this out but those are no longer considered canonical. Iger killed the Expanded Universe.
Actually, not Clone Wars. CW, Rebels and the films are the basis of the new canon.

To me, Rebels is geared towards a much younger audience. Nothing wrong with that but, to me, there's a huge difference between the two animated series, IMO. Doesn't make Rebels bad but eh ...
I think Rebels, like Clone Wars, will get much deeper as the seasons go on. Right now it is purely about a rogue crew of rebels, but soon it will be the epic formation of the Rebel Alliance with Ezra becoming a new hope for the Jedi. The later seasons also might get dark, especially with the rumor that...
they will die in the battle to steal the plans to the Death Star.

Mike S

Maybe the dog was absent from class the day they taught not barking at animatronic bears;). Either that or he just hates bears. Mike should have followed him to Splash Mountain and seen if he barked at the animatronic fox or rabbit. If he got no reaction from them then it's just a bear thing, if he still barked maybe an AA phobia. Either way I'd pay money for the on ride photo of the dog going down the big hill at Splash Mountain:cool:
I'd pay good money as well. Best on ride photo ever. But why not get him on Dinosaur as well? Or even Tower of Terror? Those should get some interesting reactions out of a dog ;)

MerlinTheGoat

They don't let service dogs on the more thrilling rides like Splash, probably for good reason-
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/service-animals/

The list doesn't mention Pirates of the Caribbean however, it has a mild drop. Even well trained service dogs can have their limits as well, i'd imagine their training wouldn't necessarily ensure good behavior at a mad place like WDW.

Cesar R M

The newest Canon-book Tarkin is littered with EU references not that they make much sense since the sources which give them context are non-canon. Disney bought a very well established Universe and gutted a good chunk of it. The Star Wars Universe is a far less interesting place now than it was before Disney bought it.
I wonder if they will keep the part where the Solo and skywalker depart ways in the force.
Like when one of the kids go to the dark side, one kid gets killed and after some GOD-like power levels of Luke.. he dies.

Mike S

The infamous bypass at Magic Kingdom.
image.jpg

I got these three pics stealth style over the fence on the left before a CM told me not to. Woops.........
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They don't let service dogs on the more thrilling rides like Splash, probably for good reason-
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/service-animals/

The list doesn't mention Pirates of the Caribbean however, it has a mild drop. Even well trained service dogs can have their limits as well, i'd imagine their training wouldn't necessarily ensure good behavior at a mad place like WDW.
Disney has really thought of everything. They have portable kennels for service dogs at the restricted rides. I never thought about the need for this, but it can really help people experience most of the rides.
I'd pay good money as well. Best on ride photo ever. But why not get him on Dinosaur as well? Or even Tower of Terror? Those should get some interesting reactions out of a dog ;)
Well everyone knows that service dogs are all trained to bark like mad if they see a dinosaur pretty much any time. Tower of terror would just be mean and they would never keep those lap belts on anyway.

StageFrenzy

I have a thing for service dogs, they are not "dogs" while they have the collar/harness but deserve all the hugs when they are off duty. I try to ignore them for the most part HOWEVER if the little buggers are acting up I would ask the owner if they help with any disability/punt them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom