The Spirited Back Nine ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have no problem with a spin off but directly involving story lines and major characters from the film's cheapened them even worse for me. Sorry friend, they just felt very poorly done.

It's just my opinion.

I actually found that Clone Wars strengthened the stories of a lot of the main characters. It did much more to show Anakin's fall to the dark side then the prequels even did.

Kman101

Well, my first post did address something discussed some time ago in this thread with Weasley still not moving his arm in Diagon Alley. I guess I continued because I thought with the thread going so slow people might want to hear my thoughts on my current trip, which is actually the last one on my current AP. It expires Sunday. If you guys really want me to make a separate thread I could.

I see what they're saying but considering someone asked for pictures, and the state of different parks and attractions are frequently discussed, not sure I see it as that big of a deal and this thread has long been de-railed ... but I'd read your trip report

doctornick

To me, Rebels is geared towards a much younger audience. Nothing wrong with that but, to me, there's a huge difference between the two animated series, IMO. Doesn't make Rebels bad but eh ...

I don't completely agree. Clone Wars was geared more towards older audiences, yes. It seemed to me that their target was more tweens/teens with longer story arcs and sometimes complex plots.

But I would argue that Rebels is more of a "family" show than geared towards young children per se. It's intended to be all ages accessible with relatively simple self contained plots, but with more character development and "heart" to make it enjoyable for adults. Also, Rebels seems to be developing more slowly developing elements that tie into the greater universe (Fulcrum, Ezra's parents).

Personally, I found Clone Wars to be kind of meh. It was great actually having some fleshing out with Anakin, giving him a Padawan that he cared about, making him into less of a whiny kid -- if we had that development somewhere in Ep 2 or 3, then his conversion to the Dark Side would have been more dramatic in the movies. But I felt like overall, there was not much that ever actually happened. A battle here, a battle there, war goes on; I'm sorry but the War itself of the Clone Wars is kinda stupid -- I can't find myself rooting or caring about either the Republic or the Separatists.

I feel like with Rebels, it's got that cool "us against the world" vibe and you truly sympathize with the characters. I truly look forward to watching the episodes each week and seeing what happens next.

twebber55

question to the star wars fans...how main stream was the clone wars...do most movie goers have a clue to what they are in terms of their connections to the 6 movies..i ve seen all the star wars movies but am clueless on the other stuff

Mike S

I will be limiting my posts about my trip now unless it's something really good and I think this qualifies. Space Mountain from the People Mover.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think I saw people stuck at one of the brake runs. I also felt the bump of the people mover cars. It's not bad but you can feel it.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's called a Crossblade Lightsaber and it's canonical in that it was featured in the Clone Wars and Purge comic books...
I Read a few websites discussing the whole "cross blade" light saber. Someone made a good point. Perhaps its an older style light saber that had exhaust burn off from the light beam and the exhaust vented out the sides. If the Republic (good guys) were in control after Return of the Jedi perhaps there wasnt easy access to the precious metals needed to construct a new saber and the sith (or whoever he is) was forced to make an older style sword. Wasnt that style mentioned in some of the comics as the first generation of saber? And who is the voice narrating the trailer? Some say its
Andy Serkis

Mike S

Keep em coming buddy. This thread is about Disney so they fit in just fine. The mods will say something if there is a problem. Push it to the limit. Walk along the razors edge..
Lol, in that case last night the waterfall on Big Thunder was working so that has been fixed since my first day. Splash still looked great except for some minor things. Today on the CoP was one of the worst I've seen it. The rain wasn't working and there was a light leak that ruined the effect of the blackout and the son "walking out" to fix the fuse. The AA's seem to be getting worse. Please Disney fix this show, it's emabarrassing. Waiting for the Country Bear Jamboree now. There's a service dog in the audience. I wonder what he'll think of "Little Buford" ;)

EDIT: The dog barked at nearly all the AA's. It was hilarious :hilarious:

Last edited:

doctornick

question to the star wars fans...how main stream was the clone wars...do most movie goers have a clue to what they are in terms of their connections to the 6 movies..i ve seen all the star wars movies but am clueless on the other stuff

I think there is a pretty limited audience for the cartoons. Most people don't even realize that The Clone Wars had a theatrical release for its pilot. Most people just have seen the mainstream films, just like most people have never read any of the EU books.

That said, I expect to see some Easter Eggs in Ep VII related to Rebels -- maybe the Ghost (the rebels' spaceship) in some space scene or a reference to the planet of Lothal or a cameo by Ezra or Chopper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom