The Spirited Back Nine ...

DC0703

It looks like a serious gauntlet has been thrown by Six Flags. They're upping the ante by a lot more than a couple of animatronic figures. Looks like an entire new ride system and experience for just an 'amusement park'.

Wow...

So Six Flags is planning to add a groundbreaking dark ride to several of their parks and Disney is planning to add small flat/spin rides to DHS.

It's like the world has been turned upside down. :)

raymusiccity

I know that. It's a tired argument IMO. Uni is great, Disney sucks ... blah blah blah. I think we all get it. They can do no wrong. I find it hypocritical, that's all. Not saying you, just quoting you for a reply but still ... I mean, please I get it, but it's just funny to me how praised they are now. They are doing fantastic but let's not make them immune. And yes I know there have been some complaints about screens but I just notice a trend that's frustrating to watch and it seems to be that the same complaints are used over and over again for the sake of complaining and not for the sake of a discussion. I don't know. It's just annoying how the standards are different for the two parks, that's all. And let's be honest, there IS going to be a time when Uni gets complacent again.

And this isn't meant to be a rah rah Disney is amazing post either. Believe me, I'm critical of them. I hate their cash grabs, I hate their sloooooooow pace of building ... of course Uni will look better. That's why CityWalk has restaurants closed. And just like Disney, Uni/IOA has numerous areas that need work. Seuss was looking terrible until just recently. Let's remember they too weren't exactly knocking it out of the park for a long time, and I don't care who owned them at the time.

City Walk will never have a special feeling to it....It was inevitable that their venues would need to cut back on their hours :-(

image.jpg

Bolna

Yes, and I guess this quote by the Egyptian investment minister shows that this more likely is more wishful thinking on the Egyptian side than anything else:

"Having a Disney show in Egypt at the moment sends a message to the world and to foreign investors that Egypt is safe and stable," he said.

If he already thinks a Disney show is a great message, "discussions" about a theme park must be way better. And hell, "discussions" can be anything, even just an invitation by the Egyptian minister to Disney to come to his offices for a chat.

Egypt must be desperate because of all the tourists they lost over the recent years and I feel very sorry for them. But no way can I imagine risk adverse Bob Iger investing in a country that certainly is still far from being stable politically.

Kman101

That Cinderella trailer looks decent. Agreed that it's nice it's not giving off a Wicked/Narnia vibe. Maleficent was extremely overrated. I do get what they were going for but meh.

And can we stop harping on Toy Story Playland as if we have seen concept art and they have said that's ALL we're getting. Seriously.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That Cinderella trailer looks decent. Agreed that it's nice it's not giving off a Wicked/Narnia vibe. Maleficent was extremely overrated. I do get what they were going for but meh.

And can we stop harping on Toy Story Playland as if we have seen concept art and they have said that's ALL we're getting. Seriously.
Harping on a perceived negative...it's what we do here:cool:

GLaDOS

Not ignoring anything. I know in the past you haven't seemed to like Uni criticism.

I don't see the big deal in being fair and calling out both Uni and Disney for their faults. Heaven forbid there's criticism.

I'm fine with faults. The actions of the previous ownership group aren't current faults. That's like holding Iger accountable for things Eisner did.

Kman101

Harping on a perceived negative...it's what we do here:cool:

Lol. I guess in a way I'm harping too so I'll shut it but sometimes I just have to laugh and post about the ridiculousness sometimes. I feel like common sense just doesn't enter the brain when we're able to give an instant reaction to everything nowadays.

Kman101

I'm fine with faults. The actions of the previous ownership group aren't current faults. That's like holding Iger accountable for things Eisner did.

I understand that. I never said they were. I said they didn't do anything to the parks. It doesn't matter who owned them at the time. I'm not asking to hold the current owners accountable, they're fixing everything up great and I appreciate that they give a darn. But the overall point I'm making is, is that it's tired to hear the excuses given for Universal when they aren't at all perfect. They've done an amazing job but the pedestal they're on now is a bit much for me but hey, they do deserve the praise, not saying they don't. It just feels anything remotely seen as "dissing" Uni gets an instant defense even if it's a well thought out/posted statement throwing some criticism their way.

Figments Friend

I wonder what I'm doing wrong then to never get asked? I must just look really unapproachable, or they have a sense that I'm going to tell then what I *really* think of the parks without a hint of pixie dust so stay well clear!

Eye contact helps.
I am not shy about looking at them directly as i exit and sometimes a little smile helps.
If you appear approachable they come right over and ask if i would like to take a survey.
I guess i have that 'look'....

When not being mistaken for a Cast Member ( which happens a LOT when on the properties..have no idea why...) they target me.
I like it and don't find it annoying or time wasting..but then again, i am not your typical Guest who is in a big hurry and has no time to spare to do surveys.

Most of the surveys i have taken involve a little interaction with Cast via questions and maybe even listening to some of my opinions/ feedback on whatever to survey topic matter is, but the bulk of the survey experience have been the usual Q & A session via a laptop/computer screen terminal that is offstage, or in the case i had in May, 'backstage' at DCA.
A few times i was asked if i wanted to do a follow up survey with additional questions later via e-mail, which i have always accepted and found interesting to do at a later date.

Most of the surveys involve what i thought of dining experiences in the Parks, food selection/choices/quality concerns, my opinions on pricing for particular food items in the Parks, and overall general attitude towards the Dining Plan at WDW. DLR surveys i have taken all relate to the same topics, minus the Dining Plan.

All have inquired about opinions on cleanliness of the dining facilities, perceived value of food purchased, and likelihood to purchase again or recommend to friends/family.
In one case i was specifically asked my opinion on the theming present in certain dining locations at DHS, to which i gave a wordy but direct review of.
Rather enjoyed that one.
In a couple of cases i have taken surveys about Entertainment options in DCA and WDW's MK, which i also enjoyed.

I have yet to have taken a survey related to Attractions.
Would love to....and i would have quite a bit of feedback to give in that department, both positive and negative in some cases.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom