The Spirited Back Nine ...

FigmentJedi

Thing must be really bad when a DWA exec anonymously pens a "why you shouldn't buy us" letter to a prospective buyer.
They've had a lot of movies underperform recently and their acquisition streak was probably cutting into profits as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Disney's got their eyes on Dreamworks and it'll only be a matter of time until River Country undergoes an expensive restoration/conversion project to become Shrek's Swamp of Fun.

the.dreamfinder

They've had a lot of movies underperform recently and their acquisition streak was probably cutting into profits as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Disney's got their eyes on Dreamworks and it'll only be a matter of time until River Country undergoes an expensive restoration/conversion project to become Shrek's Swamp of Fun.
That's purely speculation. Someone will buy DreamWorks Animation, but it will most certainly NOT be Disney. I wonder if the buyer will demand JK purge DWA management.

Donald Razorduck

That's purely speculation. Someone will buy DreamWorks Animation, but it will most certainly NOT be Disney. I wonder if the buyer will demand JK purge DWA management.

Isn't the megamall up in Jersey that's back on track holding a license to do an indoor amusement park with DreamWorks. That place is under the control of the folks that run the MOA in Minny with it's Nick park.

misterID

I know that. It's a tired argument IMO. Uni is great, Disney sucks ... blah blah blah. I think we all get it. They can do no wrong. I find it hypocritical, that's all. Not saying you, just quoting you for a reply but still ... I mean, please I get it, but it's just funny to me how praised they are now. They are doing fantastic but let's not make them immune. And yes I know there have been some complaints about screens but I just notice a trend that's frustrating to watch and it seems to be that the same complaints are used over and over again for the sake of complaining and not for the sake of a discussion. I don't know. It's just annoying how the standards are different for the two parks, that's all. And let's be honest, there IS going to be a time when Uni gets complacent again.

And this isn't meant to be a rah rah Disney is amazing post either. Believe me, I'm critical of them. I hate their cash grabs, I hate their sloooooooow pace of building ... of course Uni will look better. That's why CityWalk has restaurants closed. And just like Disney, Uni/IOA has numerous areas that need work. Seuss was looking terrible until just recently. Let's remember they too weren't exactly knocking it out of the park for a long time, and I don't care who owned them at the time.
I believe you said you hadn't caught up in the thread... You really need to actually look at the threads before commenting and exaggerating all the Disney hate and UNI praise. UNI has been getting a LOT of flack recently for the overuse of screens, and the Asia Disney parks are getting all kinds of accolades... Not to mention a the optimism of the future WDW additions.

That's what happens when you go into a thread looking to start an argument. Another tired UNI vs WDW at that.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
[
UNI has been getting a LOT of flack recently for the overuse of screens, and the Asia Disney parks are getting all kinds of accolades... Not to mention a the optimism of the future WDW additions.

Erm, Optimism for future WDW rides - the ONLY things that have been greenlit are Pandora (under construction), and 3rd track for TSMM, Strongly rumored TSPL. But THATS IT kids till 2017.

Yes there is talk of a 1+ billion dollar plus budget for DHS, If and it's a BIG IF 3rd track for TSMM and TSPL which will be 100-200 Million for both keep DHS numbers at today's levels - well the rest of that budget is going to vanish like the morning dew.

Kman101

I believe you said you hadn't caught up in the thread... You really need to actually look at the threads before commenting and exaggerating all the Disney hate and UNI praise. UNI has been getting a LOT of flack recently for the overuse of screens, and the Asia Disney parks are getting all kinds of accolades... Not to mention a the optimism of the future WDW additions.

That's what happens when you go into a thread looking to start an argument. Another tired UNI vs WDW at that.

Appreciate that lecture :) Thanks. I don't need one.

I didn't go into the thread looking for an argument. I don't feel I'm wrong in what I said. You disagree and that's fine. Exaggerating? LOL. OK.

Sounds like that's what you're trying to do. Have a great day. Not biting this one.

Kman101

Optimism about WDW? That's why the same people keep harping on how awful and cheap Disney is. How an unconfirmed Toy Story Playland is all we're getting and people can't stop complaining about it. I've read this and other threads just fine thanks.

How am I wrong in what's going on in this thread (and other spirited threads as well as just about every other thread that turns into Universal vs. Disney)?

It's gotten better, I admit that but my overall point was it is tired. I wasn't trying to start arguing and it's too bad you see it that way. Proves my point that any criticism of Uni is met with an almost instant argument back.

BrerJon

Now is this part of the new Disney shared universe along with Malieficent and Alice in Wonderland?

Oh no, this is what they're doing, isn't it? They're trying to use the Avengers model on the princesses.

So we can expect the 'team-up' movie in five years or so, with Alice, Cinderella, Maleficent and presumably Belle or Ariel or whoever they do next as live-action joining them for the fun. Sheesh.

Disneyhead'71

Optimism about WDW? That's why the same people keep harping on how awful and cheap Disney is. How an unconfirmed Toy Story Playland is all we're getting and people can't stop complaining about it. I've read this and other threads just fine thanks.

How am I wrong in what's going on in this thread (and other spirited threads as well as just about every other thread that turns into Universal vs. Disney)?

It's gotten better, I admit that but my overall point was it is tired. I wasn't trying to start arguing and it's too bad you see it that way. Proves my point that any criticism of Uni is met with an almost instant argument back.
I have only heard one person say that TSPL is all we are getting. That is a straw man argument. We know we are getting more. That in no way makes TSPL worthy of a top $$$$ destination resort.
I would be impressed with TSPL if Knott's Berry Farm or Carowinds built it. It reminds me a lot of Knott's Camp Snoopy. NOT having Carowinds quality offerings IS "The Disney Difference".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have only heard one person say that TSPL is all we are getting. That is a straw man argument. We know we are getting more. That in no way makes TSPL worthy of a top $$$$ destination resort.
I would be impressed with TSPL if Knott's Berry Farm or Carowinds built it. It reminds me a lot of Knott's Camp Snoopy. NOT having Carowinds quality offerings IS "The Disney Difference".

Look WDW is run by the numbers, If TSPL + TSMM track 3 does the trick and keeps gate at expected levels than that is all WDW will get at DHS

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As down on Disney as I am, I don't think that is the case. I believe that Cars and Star Wars are coming. With an E Ticket for each. Possibly utilizing the "Rat" ride system for Cars.

I admire your optimism but with TDO it's all about the benjamins, DL and the asian parks - yeah they WILL get cool stuff, WDW will get just enough to keep the dollars flowing at current rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom