The Spirited Back Nine ...

rael ramone

In an enclosed structure, I agree, however, this isn't an enclosed structure. It's a collection of buildings and machines sitting in the middle of a swamp. It has no way to keep wild life out and it has food available in that area. That is what attracts what you are speaking about... not cleanliness. Considering it's location, the fact that you saw only one rat/mouse (other then Mickey) is a sign that they are doing something to control that situation otherwise you would be up to your navel in rodents.

I've had this avatar for over a year now and finally now it's getting attention...:D

If this were to show up in the park in the 70's/80's, it would be easy to write this off as nature flexing it's muscles. You knew you were at Walts 'Florida Project' just by the cleanliness of the surroundings.

It's harder to give the 'Rat' (pun intended) the benefit of the doubt when you know the park used to be much cleaner (and during years where one could argue that littering was more prominent - think the 'Channel 4 News Team' in the first Anchorman tossing their food wrappers carelessly behind them in the park).

This was taken under the 'big golf ball' by the extended switchbacks on the "Art of Disney" side. The nearest food IIRC was at the Electric Umbrella on the opposite side of the former 'Communicore' (I believe that side has the ice cream cart as well).

It's harder to give the mouse the benefit of the doubt on any issue when these weren't issues in the past, whether it's cleanliness, maintenance, public drunkenness, etc...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And as much as I complain about Ohio weather, that right there is the reason I haven't moved south. If snakes are routinely seen in a place as densely populated as WDW, I don't even want to think about how frequently they could be encountered elsewhere. I'm creeping myself out just thinking about it.
I was doing yard work recently and I saw a long black hose on the ground by our fence. I figured my wife had bought a new hose and left it outside (which seemed odd b/c she is extremely tidy). I thought Id gain a few bonus points and wrap it up and bring in the garage for her. As I reached down to pick it up I heard a rattle,... then a snake head popped up. I froze as it uncoiled and just sat there staring at me. It must have been 6 or 7 feet long and it was jet black and rattling away. Felt like forever and it was close enough to strike me so I remained still. It slithered off faster than any snake Ive ever seen. I looked up black rattle snakes in Ga and found out we have 'black racers' (nonvenomous) that make a "rattle" sound with their tongue but actually have no rattler. Still scary. So fast forward a few weeks and Im back outside and what do i find??? A little baby black racer. Great, Ive got a family of em now creeping around my yard! Needless to say, Ive gotten very little yard work done lately, lol, and I guess you can scratch Ga. off your list of potential spots to move.

PhotoDave219

So it's about 49° with a windchill close to 39… It's raining… And magic kingdom has a good 50,000 people on it.

Why anybody would voluntarily choose to come here is beyond me?

It's a Tuesday. There's no holiday. It's the middle of November.

This is not enjoyable. This is not fun. I have no desire to ever come back here. There are just too many people here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom