The Spirited Back Nine ...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So it's about 49° with a windchill close to 39… It's raining… And magic kingdom has a good 50,000 people on it.

Why anybody would voluntarily choose to come here is beyond me?

It's a Tuesday. There's no holiday. It's the middle of November.

This is not enjoyable. This is not fun. I have no desire to ever come back here. There are just too many people here.
I was there this exact time last year and it was the total opposite. What the heck is going on?

Nemo14

So it's about 49° with a windchill close to 39… It's raining… And magic kingdom has a good 50,000 people on it.

Why anybody would voluntarily choose to come here is beyond me?

It's a Tuesday. There's no holiday. It's the middle of November.

This is not enjoyable. This is not fun. I have no desire to ever come back here. There are just too many people here.
Why are you there?

JediMasterMatt

I have a feeling the Frozen half life has come and it's fall will be quick.

Frozen is in for the long haul. As Dave and others have mentioned, the Castle lighting crowds have been at obnoxious levels. I've just returned from 5 nights at the Magic Kingdom and I'm someone well versed in Disney crowds for the various nighttime spectaculars on both coasts and I've never seen more frantic jostling for any show than the Frozen lighting each night. I'm one to camp out for fireworks photos well over an hour in advance and I had to adjust my plans to work around the Frozen crowds. With two shows a night, people are showing up early and then more and more are squeezing in as it gets closer to show time. Guest Services (crowd control) have resorted into taping off multiple viewing locations on the north and south of the Partners statue and having talked with many of them working the crowds - let's just say that they've had their hands full with this. It makes Wishes and MSEP easy by comparison. Cinderella's Holiday Wish you could walk up and enjoy right as the show was starting. This is not so with Frozen. Get use to it. It was confirmed to me by a part of the management team in charge of the various stage shows at Magic Kingdom that it's 100% confirmed to be returning next year as well.

Since I've got the reply dialog open, I'll give you my quick 2 cents on the state of affairs from our trip to Orlando:

- Magic Kingdom feels horrible with the construction walls at the south end of hub. Traffic flow is made even worse with the congestion resulting from needing to keep the sides of the street cleared during parade times. It's pathetic that this project is still ongoing and that every guest this year and a good chunk of next year will need to deal with this. This project is a perfect example of the new Disney at work. A project that could've been knocked out in a month or so is going to last a year and a half.
- A little birdy told me that Dream Along with Mickey may be going the way of the Dodo in it's current form. It will be replaced/revised in the April time frame along with (thankfully) a refurb on the Castle stage which may include the removal of the arches that have been around since Cinerellabration.
- I took the above information as a sign that April-ish will be when construction at the Hub also heads north of the Partner's statue and the new lighting turrets get installed.
- Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a good addition to the park. Not worthy of huge lines it is drawing on its own merits; but, a much needed plus to the park. The mine itself is very well done.
- MSEP had a 15+ minute show stopping malfunction on Saturday. I couldn't see for sure; but, it was either the Tinkerbell unit or Mickey unit that wasn't moving at the Hub and brought the show to a standstill.
- Mansion is still in great shape. Pirates needs a refurb in the worst way.
- Holiday Wishes did have an issue with the northern launch site during the later 5 minutes of the show on Sunday night as nothing went off from there. It was relatively windy and I noticed a few shells go off course that night. Maybe they were being cautious. The same night a pyro failed to launch from the tube on the Castle during the Frozen lighting and had to be manually extinguished.
- We didn't get to visit EPCOT, DHS, or AK this trip.
- Big heartbreak at visiting the Poly and the current state of the lobby and pool; but, big thumbs down to finding out the chicken skewers have been removed from 'Ohana. First turkey and now chicken. I guess you better like red meat and pork.
- Down I-4, the grass seemed very green. IoA and Studios were firing on all cylinders. Show effects all seemed to be in good working order.
- Diagon Alley is easily the best themed area I've experienced to date. I spent hours wandering around with my camera and was still finding new details. Overwhelmingly amazing effort for the land as a whole.
- Escape from Gringotts is a great attraction that just slightly misses the mark for being as good as it could potentially be. It's missing a bit of the "transitional" blending around the edges between the real and virtual that would've boosted it into genre defining status. It's still a home run; but, it could've and should've left the stadium.
- RFID enabled wands seem to be a huge hit for Uni. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make my Magic Band do any spells - much in the same way TDO can't make the Bands turn a profit. Accio Budget!
- The coaster enthusiast in me popped over to Fun Spot and found White Lighting a very nice addition to the Orlando area. It's nice to take a spin a good, not great, wooden coaster in an area surrounded by so many steel coasters. I'll actively try head over to Fun Spot on a rainy day to give Lighting a try on slick rails.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
“Red next to yellow kills a fellow. Red next to black is a friend to Jack”.

That rhyme only works for some coral snakes.

This rhyme becomes deadly when the eastern coral snake, which holds true to the rhyme, is compared to the South American coral snake, which has black bands touching red bands. “Red touching black: Safe for Jack” is now a fatal mistake

Best bet is to give these snakes a WIDE berth.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Five Below, Target, and even my local Joann Fabrics stores were littered with Frozen merch over the weekend. With tons of people circling it like sharks and buying it up. Including the fabrics (poorly printed, at that)

I'm guilty of grabbing an Olaf plush. But not the $250 one from kohls. No, really. $250. I have pics.

I don't think frozen is going anywhere anytime soon.
Honestly, If Disneyland Shanghai wasn't so far along.. I bet we would have seen Elsa's Ice Castle instead of the Enchanted Storybook Castle.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Frozen is in for the long haul. As Dave and others have mentioned, the Castle lighting crowds have been at obnoxious levels. I've just returned from 5 nights at the Magic Kingdom and I'm someone well versed in Disney crowds for the various nighttime spectaculars on both coasts and I've never seen more frantic jostling for any show than the Frozen lighting each night. I'm one to camp out for fireworks photos well over an hour in advance and I had to adjust my plans to work around the Frozen crowds. With two shows a night, people are showing up early and then more and more are squeezing in as it gets closer to show time. Guest Services (crowd control) have resorted into taping off multiple viewing locations on the north and south of the Partners statue and having talked with many of them working the crowds - let's just say that they've had their hands full with this. It makes Wishes and MSEP easy by comparison. Cinderella's Holiday Wish you could walk up and enjoy right as the show was starting. This is not so with Frozen. Get use to it. It was confirmed to me by a part of the management team in charge of the various stage shows at Magic Kingdom that it's 100% confirmed to be returning next year as well.

Since I've got the reply dialog open, I'll give you my quick 2 cents on the state of affairs from our trip to Orlando:

- Magic Kingdom feels horrible with the construction walls at the south end of hub. Traffic flow is made even worse with the congestion resulting from needing to keep the sides of the street cleared during parade times. It's pathetic that this project is still ongoing and that every guest this year and a good chunk of next year will need to deal with this. This project is a perfect example of the new Disney at work. A project that could've been knocked out in a month or so is going to last a year and a half.
- A little birdy told me that Dream Along with Mickey may be going the way of the Dodo in it's current form. It will be replaced/revised in the April time frame along with (thankfully) a refurb on the Castle stage which may include the removal of the arches that have been around since Cinerellabration.
- I took the above information as a sign that April-ish will be when construction at the Hub also heads north of the Partner's statue and the new lighting turrets get installed.
- Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a good addition to the park. Not worthy of huge lines it is drawing on its own merits; but, a much needed plus to the park. The mine itself is very well done.
- MSEP had a 15+ minute show stopping malfunction on Saturday. I couldn't see for sure; but, it was either the Tinkerbell unit or Mickey unit that wasn't moving at the Hub and brought the show to a standstill.
- Mansion is still in great shape. Pirates needs a refurb in the worst way.
- Holiday Wishes did have an issue with the northern launch site during the later 5 minutes of the show on Sunday night as nothing went off from there. It was relatively windy and I noticed a few shells go off course that night. Maybe they were being cautious. The same night a pyro failed to launch from the tube on the Castle during the Frozen lighting and had to be manually extinguished.
- We didn't get to visit EPCOT, DHS, or AK this trip.
- Big heartbreak at visiting the Poly and the current state of the lobby and pool; but, big thumbs down to finding out the chicken skewers have been removed from 'Ohana. First turkey and now chicken. I guess you better like red meat and pork.
- Down I-4, the grass seemed very green. IoA and Studios were firing on all cylinders. Show effects all seemed to be in good working order.
- Diagon Alley is easily the best themed area I've experienced to date. I spent hours wandering around with my camera and was still finding new details. Overwhelmingly amazing effort for the land as a whole.
- Escape from Gringotts is a great attraction that just slightly misses the mark for being as good as it could potentially be. It's missing a bit of the "transitional" blending around the edges between the real and virtual that would've boosted it into genre defining status. It's still a home run; but, it could've and should've left the stadium.
- RFID enabled wands seem to be a huge hit for Uni. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make my Magic Band do any spells - much in the same way TDO can't make the Bands turn a profit. Accio Budget!
- The coaster enthusiast in me popped over to Fun Spot and found White Lighting a very nice addition to the Orlando area. It's nice to take a spin a good, not great, wooden coaster in an area surrounded by so many steel coasters. I'll actively try head over to Fun Spot on a rainy day to give Lighting a try on slick rails.
Wait :cautious:... something called "Cinderellabration" was actually a thing?

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was doing yard work recently and I saw a long black hose on the ground by our fence. I figured my wife had bought a new hose and left it outside (which seemed odd b/c she is extremely tidy). I thought Id gain a few bonus points and wrap it up and bring in the garage for her. As I reached down to pick it up I heard a rattle,... then a snake head popped up. I froze as it uncoiled and just sat there staring at me. It must have been 6 or 7 feet long and it was jet black and rattling away. Felt like forever and it was close enough to strike me so I remained still. It slithered off faster than any snake Ive ever seen. I looked up black rattle snakes in Ga and found out we have 'black racers' (nonvenomous) that make a "rattle" sound with their tongue but actually have no rattler. Still scary. So fast forward a few weeks and Im back outside and what do i find??? A little baby black racer. Great, Ive got a family of em now creeping around my yard! Needless to say, Ive gotten very little yard work done lately, lol, and I guess you can scratch Ga. off your list of potential spots to move.

I'll bet you have a mouse problem - that is what usually attracts that kind of snake.

Phil12

That rhyme only works for some coral snakes.

This rhyme becomes deadly when the eastern coral snake, which holds true to the rhyme, is compared to the South American coral snake, which has black bands touching red bands. “Red touching black: Safe for Jack” is now a fatal mistake

Best bet is to give these snakes a WIDE berth.
Thanks. I'll remember that the next time I'm in South America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom