The Spirited Back Nine ...

TeriofTerror

What venomous snakes have you seen at WDW? Only reason I ask is because the majority of snakes in Central Florida are harmless, and most Floridians couldn't tell you the difference between a water moccasin and a brown water snake if it bit them on the leg.
I have personally seen water moccasins at WDW. When the snake is on top of the water like that, there's no mistaking it, not to mention those big, thick bodies and diamond-shaped heads (shiver).
And there's no way I'm going back to sleep, now. God, I hate snakes. I just hate 'em.
Rattlesnakes have been occasionally found in the Magic Kingdom, btw.
I do, however, appreciate your correct use of "venomous" as opposed to "poisonous". That's a pet peeve of mine. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What venomous snakes have you seen at WDW? Only reason I ask is because the majority of snakes in Central Florida are harmless, and most Floridians couldn't tell you the difference between a water moccasin and a brown water snake if it bit them on the leg.

Primarily water moccasins, But there lies the point most people cannot tell the difference and that in itself is the danger, because they don't spend any time in the wild where the rule is unless it's threatening you leave it the H--- alone and walk in such a manner so snakes can tell you are coming and most of the time they will avoid you as well.

But back to snake at hand, The water snake has round pupils and a narrower head while the moccasin has slit pupils and a broad tapering head with a relatively thin neck profile.

Now if you see a red and black snake with yellow bands separating the red and black, Run like H--- in the opposite direction and tell somebody as that's a coral snake and it's pretty D--- deadly.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have personally seen water moccasins at WDW. When the snake is on top of the water like that, there's no mistaking it, not to mention those big, thick bodies and diamond-shaped heads (shiver).
And there's no way I'm going back to sleep, now. God, I hate snakes. I just hate 'em.
I do, however, appreciate your correct use of "venomous" as opposed to "poisonous". That's a pet peeve of mine. :)

I know venomous is the correct usage, but when dealing with the most non-outdoors people using poisonous gets the point across better. Venom is overused in the popular culture and most people don't make the connection venom = poison and extreme physical harm. Same goes for spiders.

whylightbulb

I hope the feedback (or can we call it backlash at this point?) and the criticisms about the overuse of screens will tell them to pull it back. At least that's what I hope. 3D screens are really becoming a niche appeal from my perspective, I just can't, and many people I know, can't take full day of screens. :hungover:

I'd much rather have an INDY or Mystic Manor dark ride experience.
Nope the screen assault continues with the Twister remodel. Massive screen, 3D, motion simulator.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

David's just hiked their DVC point rental price from $14/point to $16/point for 7+ months-in-advanced bookings at BLT, BWV, BCV, VWL, and VGF because demand exceeds supply.

At $16/point, a BLT Lake View Studio on the weekend of December 12-14 costs $304/night.

$304/night is pretty darned expensive but WDW's rate (with tax) for a Lake View room in the Contemporary Tower is $745/night. :jawdrop:

Even with 30% off, that's still $522/night. :jawdrop:

Those prices made David's $304/night look like a bargain.

It's not really surprising that so many want to rent points, and why DVC rental places like David's are pleading for points at key resorts.
Sorry to bring up an old post but noticing many DVC point rental companies are following this trend as well now.
With demand exceeding supply, does this mean many DVC resorts (well the popular, more hard to get DVC resorts) are hitting high occupancy rates?
Does this mean many more DVC resorts are in our future?

RayTheFirefly

The I-Drive skyplex released info and a fully rendered animation about the polercoaster today, 570 ft and what looks like 11 inversions? If this gets built, it should be awesome. Watching the animation was better than I expected for sure.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...e-of-skyplex-s-skyscraper.html?ana=fbk&r=full
tumblr_mw694fGEzw1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

ThemeParkJunkee

The I-Drive skyplex released info and a fully rendered animation about the polercoaster today, 570 ft and what looks like 11 inversions? If this gets built, it should be awesome. Watching the animation was better than I expected for sure.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...e-of-skyplex-s-skyscraper.html?ana=fbk&r=full

Now this and the Orlando Eye might make me stay in the area a few nights, in about 2018-2020. That's my planned timing for a "driveby" visit to Uni and WDW. I soooo....want to ride this.

PhotoDave219

So Venomous, Non-Venomous, and HOLY MOTHER OF GOSH ITS A RATTLESNAKE?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom