The Spirited Back Nine ...

ParentsOf4

Sorry to bring up an old post but noticing many DVC point rental companies are following this trend as well now.
With demand exceeding supply, does this mean many DVC resorts (well the popular, more hard to get DVC resorts) are hitting high occupancy rates?
Does this mean many more DVC resorts are in our future?
Disney will continue to convert existing WDW hotel rooms into DVC because Deluxe Resorts have many empty rooms most nights. It's better to convert them to DVC than leave them empty.

Since Disney is required to retain 2% of DVC inventory and can sell the rest, most DVC resorts (especially the popular ones) are booked solid throughout the year.

At $16/point, DVC rooms cost significantly less than comparable rooms at WDW's most popular Deluxe Resorts, even with a "30% off" discount.

At $16/point, a Bay Lake Tower (BLT) Lake View Studio for the July 4th week costs $350/night. A comparable a Lake View room in the Contemporary Tower is $638/night for those nights. Even with 30% off, that's still $447/night.

At $16/point, a Beach Club Villas (BCV) room for a week in October (during Food & Wine Festival) costs $245/night. A comparable room at the Beach Club costs $468/night or $327/night with 30% off.

The demand to rent DVC points is there because WDW's direct prices are just crazy.

Stevek

That won't go over well with some folks
Of course it won't...if anything happens at a Disney park, it's sure to set somebody off. People were unhappy when ElecTronica left and couldn't fathom how Alice would work. They gave it a chance and it became popular. Now people will whine about this going away. We should all know by now, as does Disney, fans are impossible to please no matter what Disney does.

Cesar R M

I have personally seen water moccasins at WDW. When the snake is on top of the water like that, there's no mistaking it, not to mention those big, thick bodies and diamond-shaped heads (shiver).
And there's no way I'm going back to sleep, now. God, I hate snakes. I just hate 'em.
Rattlesnakes have been occasionally found in the Magic Kingdom, btw.
I do, however, appreciate your correct use of "venomous" as opposed to "poisonous". That's a pet peeve of mine. :)
reminds me of this from tumblr:
m07Kd1g.png

Cesar R M

Sorry to bring up an old post but noticing many DVC point rental companies are following this trend as well now.
With demand exceeding supply, does this mean many DVC resorts (well the popular, more hard to get DVC resorts) are hitting high occupancy rates?
Does this mean many more DVC resorts are in our future?
More like that DVC is becoming "mainstream" to stay at WDW.
Since the prices are ridiculous most of the year.. DVC is no brainer to save $$.

Disney will continue to convert existing WDW hotel rooms into DVC because Deluxe Resorts have many empty rooms most nights. It's better to convert them to DVC than leave them empty.

Since Disney is required to retain 2% of DVC inventory and can sell the rest, most DVC resorts (especially the popular ones) are booked solid throughout the year.

At $16/point, DVC rooms cost significantly less than comparable rooms at WDW's most popular Deluxe Resorts, even with a "30% off" discount.

At $16/point, a Bay Lake Tower (BLT) Lake View Studio for the July 4th week costs $350/night. A comparable a Lake View room in the Contemporary Tower is $638/night for those nights. Even with 30% off, that's still $447/night.

At $16/point, a Beach Club Villas (BCV) room for a week in October (during Food & Wine Festival) costs $245/night. A comparable room at the Beach Club costs $468/night or $327/night with 30% off.

The demand to rent DVC points is there because WDW's direct prices are just crazy.

agree!

71jason

I have a feeling the Frozen half life has come and it's fall will be quick.

Based on my g/f's 5 y.o. daughter and a trip through the local Target toy department last week, and the reported crowds at the Castle lighting this year*, I think you are wrong. Elsa is the new Belle.

* Yes, crowds are increased because almost every other night is a hard ticket close, but still--it's the off-season, but Frozen drawing a massive crowd.

TeriofTerror

Primarily water moccasins, But there lies the point most people cannot tell the difference and that in itself is the danger, because they don't spend any time in the wild where the rule is unless it's threatening you leave it the H--- alone and walk in such a manner so snakes can tell you are coming and most of the time they will avoid you as well.

But back to snake at hand, The water snake has round pupils and a narrower head while the moccasin has slit pupils and a broad tapering head with a relatively thin neck profile.

Now if you see a red and black snake with yellow bands separating the red and black, Run like H--- in the opposite direction and tell somebody as that's a coral snake and it's pretty D--- deadly.
Red on black is a friend to Jack, red on yellow will kill a fellow.
Or the Teri system: stay the HECK away from reptiles, period.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Five Below, Target, and even my local Joann Fabrics stores were littered with Frozen merch over the weekend. With tons of people circling it like sharks and buying it up. Including the fabrics (poorly printed, at that)

I'm guilty of grabbing an Olaf plush. But not the $250 one from kohls. No, really. $250. I have pics.

I don't think frozen is going anywhere anytime soon.

TeriofTerror

I know venomous is the correct usage, but when dealing with the most non-outdoors people using poisonous gets the point across better. Venom is overused in the popular culture and most people don't make the connection venom = poison and extreme physical harm. Same goes for spiders.
I once read a book where the author droned on and on for a page and a half about the difference between "bring" and "take", and then later in the same chapter referred repeatedly to "poisonous snakes". I wanted to reach through the pages and beat her with her own book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom