The Spirited Back Nine ...

Phil12

There was an ad for Toys R Us on the radio yesterday and the only things they advertised were Frozen-related.
I was in Sam's Club yesterday and saw two big boxes of Frozen underwear. Anna and Elsa were for the girls and Olaf was for the boys. I also saw Frozen cupcake mix.

Goofyernmost

I've had this avatar for over a year now and finally now it's getting attention...:D

If this were to show up in the park in the 70's/80's, it would be easy to write this off as nature flexing it's muscles. You knew you were at Walts 'Florida Project' just by the cleanliness of the surroundings.

It's harder to give the 'Rat' (pun intended) the benefit of the doubt when you know the park used to be much cleaner (and during years where one could argue that littering was more prominent - think the 'Channel 4 News Team' in the first Anchorman tossing their food wrappers carelessly behind them in the park).

This was taken under the 'big golf ball' by the extended switchbacks on the "Art of Disney" side. The nearest food IIRC was at the Electric Umbrella on the opposite side of the former 'Communicore' (I believe that side has the ice cream cart as well).

It's harder to give the mouse the benefit of the doubt on any issue when these weren't issues in the past, whether it's cleanliness, maintenance, public drunkenness, etc...
OK, you win... the place is a hog pen and everyone knows that rats are attracted to dirt instead of food. It is a pretty bold statement to say that these weren't issues in the past. There is a difference between noticing something and not noticing. It simply means that just because you didn't see it before doesn't mean it wasn't there. If you had gone through there just a half hour earlier or later you would not have seen it this time.

Being someone that has been going there since 1983, I can say without doubting myself that it is as clean now as it was back then. Perhaps cleaner because people are no longer throwing cigarette butts all around.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Did you react accordingly and burn it down to make sure he was dispatched in appropriate manor?

You sir, are more brave than I! The only answer to that situation would be fire or guns.

And this is why I like you. E-marry me?

If I see a snake in my house I'm grabbing the matches and nearest firearm before anything else...

I was doing yard work recently and I saw a long black hose on the ground by our fence. I figured my wife had bought a new hose and left it outside (which seemed odd b/c she is extremely tidy). I thought Id gain a few bonus points and wrap it up and bring in the garage for her. As I reached down to pick it up I heard a rattle,... then a snake head popped up. I froze as it uncoiled and just sat there staring at me. It must have been 6 or 7 feet long and it was jet black and rattling away. Felt like forever and it was close enough to strike me so I remained still. It slithered off faster than any snake Ive ever seen. I looked up black rattle snakes in Ga and found out we have 'black racers' (nonvenomous) that make a "rattle" sound with their tongue but actually have no rattler. Still scary. So fast forward a few weeks and Im back outside and what do i find??? A little baby black racer. Great, Ive got a family of em now creeping around my yard! Needless to say, Ive gotten very little yard work done lately, lol, and I guess you can scratch Ga. off your list of potential spots to move.

I'd love to move to Georgia and would in a heartbeat. I'll just keep a stockpile of cats and guns in case of snakes.

Why are you there?

Because he's buying the xmas tiki kitchen ware from the Poly for me, for Christmas.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yes. It was around in 2006 if I recall? Part of your of a million dreams.

It was a show originally at Tokyo Disneyland.
Ahh okay, I had to look it up on Youtube. I was just ending my freshmen year in high school around then, so no trips to WDW for me all through High school
Doesn't look too bad... We all know WDW can do worst (cough, cough lumberjacks.. cough)

PhotoDave219

Ahh okay, I had to look it up on Youtube. I was just ending my freshmen year in high school around then, so no trips to WDW for me all through High school
Doesn't look too bad... We all know WDW can do worst (cough, cough lumberjacks.. cough)

It was actually rather good. Different feel than a usual castle show.Very well received at the beginning.

Of course, the Internet is going to hate it because they hate everything.

Goofyernmost

I'll bet you have a mouse problem - that is what usually attracts that kind of snake.
It's the mice that would have the problem, I would think.

I was in Sam's Club yesterday and saw two big boxes of Frozen underwear. Anna and Elsa were for the girls and Olaf was for the boys. I also saw Frozen cupcake mix.
Ouch... Frozen underwear? Wouldn't that sting or cause frostbite? ;)

matt78

Did you react accordingly and burn it down to make sure he was dispatched in appropriate manor?

This reminds me of a story I heard on the radio last summer. Someone in Texas saw a snake in their yard and dumped gasoline on it so they could burn it to death. After the snake was lit on fire it slithered away and ended up crawling underneath the persons house and burning it down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom