The Spirited Back Nine ...

RSoxNo1

I didn't post this but maybe I can provide some insight. The Love Boat was a very popular TV Series in the 80's about a Princess Cruise Ship and their cast that sailed out of San Pedro to the Mexican Rivera with Puerto Vallarta being one of their famous stops/settings. It was required viewing in our house, along with Fantasy Island. Captain Stubing was the captain of the Love Boat. I immediately got the "joke" but I can see where many others might not.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What I can't understand is if they really do have a line-up like that planned, then why waste money on a TSMM expansion. With all the extra things to do in the park, the existing ride would cope just fine.
My guess is they expect attendance at the park to increase after all of these additions. The current ride doesn't have enough capacity to meet the current demands so if demand increases it will be even worse. I also think it's because the capacity isn't enough to meet the demand of FP+. Adding the 3rd track may allow enough capacity to remove the tiers from FP+. Even though guests will have more rides to choose from and some people may choose to skip the ride, TSMM is still going to be popular. The added attendance offset by those who choose to skip the ride is probably a wash so demand will still exceed supply without the added 3rd track.

Cesar R M

I didn't post this but maybe I can provide some insight. The Love Boat was a very popular TV Series in the 80's about a Princess Cruise Ship and their cast that sailed out of San Pedro to the Mexican Rivera with Puerto Vallarta being one of their famous stops/settings. It was required viewing in our house, along with Fantasy Island. Captain Stubing was the captain of the Love Boat. I immediately got the "joke" but I can see where many others might not.

oh I see.
wow... I never imagined it would be a reference to a Tv series.

Magenta Panther

When John Lasseter came on board at Disney, I guess I expected him to take over the entire entertainment and theme parks divisions. To be the "go-to" guy for any final decisions on any of Disney's creative endeavors. Very unrealistic and unfair of me, I know. There was, after all, only one Walt. Lasseter has, nonetheless, been a very important part of Disney's recent success. Too bad he's currently embroiled in a wage-fixing scandal (basically, he and Catmull, among others, conspired with other animation studios to screw over animators with wage-fixing schemes - to prevent other studios from "poaching" artists, i.e. offering them better pay and benefits than were offered by their current employer, a situation which would lead to higher wages for the guys who make those lucrative characters come to life, which in turn would lead to smaller bonuses for the suits. Oooh, can't let that happen, NO sir. And btw, that kind of jerk behavior is not capitalism at its worst. It's totally not how capitalism is supposed to work. It'll be interesting to see how Lasseter and his cronies get out of this one. Because, sadly, I think they probably will.)

SirLink

It's not so much that those groups have to keep cuttings costs so much as that is an easy way to help profits. The Studio is overseen by Studio people who understand and advocate for movie making. For Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Disney Interactive, what they do is just amusement parks and video games. If you dont care about the product then you don't fight for it.

Interactive is more than the games dept more they produced and developed those recent Mickey shorts which are probably the most edgiest thing current Disney has done with its mascot since Runaway Brain. As well as the websites .... but you already knew that.

lazyboy97o

Interactive is more than the games dept more they produced and developed those recent Mickey shorts which are probably the most edgiest thing current Disney has done with its mascot since Runaway Brain. As well as the websites .... but you already knew that.
I'm not sure what your point is and neither of those was done by Disney Interactive. Runaway Brain was done by Walt Disney Feature Animation's Paris studio. The recent Mickey Mouse shorts are being done by Disney Television Animation, which is ultimately under Media Networks.

SirLink

I'm not sure what your point is and neither of those was done by Disney Interactive. Runaway Brain was done by Walt Disney Feature Animation's Paris studio. The recent Mickey Mouse shorts are being done by Disney Television Animation, which is ultimately under Media Networks.

The point is Interactive makes more than games ....

FigmentJedi

The point is Interactive makes more than games ....

The new Mickey Mouse shorts are by Disney TV Animation, not Interactive. Hell, the new Mickey is TV Animation's logo now.

Disney_Television_Animation_2013.png

SirLink

The new Mickey Mouse shorts are by Disney TV Animation, not Interactive. Hell, the new Mickey is TV Animation's logo now.

Disney_Television_Animation_2013.png

So I got mixed up between Its a Small World animated series and Mickey shorts everything is interchangeable now... including the art style

doctornick

I suppose if you assume that the only reason why anyone is at TSMM is because there is nothing else to do that would be the reason for the crowd. It is a very popular ride and adding new attractions may divert a few but they still want to ride TSMM. The same number will still be in line at some point in time during the day.

Also, if new additions to DHS increase park attendance, then that could create an increase in demand to ride TSMM from new parkgoers even if other demand decreased from current parkgoers.

Smiddimizer

Bairstow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom