The Spirited Back Nine ...

Bairstow

The I-Drive skyplex released info and a fully rendered animation about the polercoaster today, 570 ft and what looks like 11 inversions? If this gets built, it should be awesome. Watching the animation was better than I expected for sure.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...e-of-skyplex-s-skyscraper.html?ana=fbk&r=full

Wow, that's five kinds of nuts.
The cars remind me a lot of Gerstlauer's 4-abreast vehicles they use in some of their Eurofighter variants.
I especially like how they've obviously gone to lengths to vary up the maneuvers the coaster does on its way down, rather than just repeating the same dive loop again and again, and also allowing the track to do some more interesting things on the ground for the "finale".

I wonder, though, if there isn't going to be some kind of outcry over the noise that the ride hardware and screaming riders is going to make, in all directions.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OK, so now I see, there is a mouse/rat that is spotted in WDW so therefore it is less clean then it used to be. OK, what does that have to do with cleanliness? WDW, as far as I remember is located in the great outdoors, plopped within a large swamp and many pastures, and some of nature had the nerve to show up? How much do you want to bet that there are and have been mass amounts of vermin that live within the cracks and crevices of WDW. That's why the don't try and stop the "non-venomous" snakes from occupying the rivers and ponds of WDW as well. That's the very reason why in Disneyland they have the feral Cats roaming around the park. Tourists in all there wisdom scatter food about, thrash cans contain food that was thrown in there by the more thoughtful tourists. Rodents are attracted to loose food. I've had mice invade my home at one point. Are you saying that my house wasn't clean?

Really nothing to be even a little concerned about. If that is known as Brand Advocate, so be it. But you are asking, no, demanding that Disney prevent that from happening. How, do you propose that they do that without harming the Eco-culture of the surrounding area? Should they poison them? Should they send crews out to shoot them on sight? Should they set about a billion mouse traps randomly around the area? Just how do you stop nature from invading any wide open to the world, piece of land. Much ado about nothing!

But when Janitorial leaves food sources around like spilled popcorn etc, It ATTRACTS vermin like rats and when you attract rats you will also attract snakes who feed on rats trouble is many of the snakes in FL are poisonous and don't have a sense of humor - The cottonmouth is one of them.

So yes the VISIBLE presence of rats is a direct indicator of cleanliness.

Goofyernmost

But when Janitorial leaves food sources around like spilled popcorn etc, It ATTRACTS vermin like rats and when you attract rats you will also attract snakes who feed on rats trouble is many of the snakes in FL are poisonous and don't have a sense of humor - The cottonmouth is one of them.

So yes the VISIBLE presence of rats is a direct indicator of cleanliness.
In an enclosed structure, I agree, however, this isn't an enclosed structure. It's a collection of buildings and machines sitting in the middle of a swamp. It has no way to keep wild life out and it has food available in that area. That is what attracts what you are speaking about... not cleanliness. Considering it's location, the fact that you saw only one rat/mouse (other then Mickey) is a sign that they are doing something to control that situation otherwise you would be up to your navel in rodents.

71jason

The I-Drive skyplex released info and a fully rendered animation about the polercoaster today, 570 ft and what looks like 11 inversions? If this gets built, it should be awesome. Watching the animation was better than I expected for sure.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...e-of-skyplex-s-skyscraper.html?ana=fbk&r=full

As crazy fun as it looks, it will absolutely do its main job of being a "weenie" to draw the OCCC crowd to a new DTD/CityWalk-like entertainment complex.

ABQ

In an enclosed structure, I agree, however, this isn't an enclosed structure. It's a collection of buildings and machines sitting in the middle of a swamp. It has no way to keep wild life out and it has food available in that area. That is what attracts what you are speaking about... not cleanliness. Considering it's location, the fact that you saw only one rat/mouse (other then Mickey) is a sign that they are doing something to control that situation otherwise you would be up to your navel in rodents.
I'm inclined to agree with you. Further, as it was not commonplace just a decade ago for darn near every guest of the park to smartphone taking pictures and videos as they are today. So, who are we to say more rats are present now than before? I've never seen one myself. I did see a big ol' snake out near the Wilderness Lodge though, but that's just a case of humans encroaching on their territory, imho.

FigmentJedi

First big viral page for Jurassic World is up for the Masrani Corporation that now owns In-Gen. Just gonna link the section about the park. Apparently they've been running almost ten years with no incident and from the news section, they're working on harvesting Mammoth DNA in SIberia so expect Ice Age stuff in the sequel.

http://www.masraniglobal.com/about/divisions/jurassicworld/index.html

BrerJon

First big viral page for Jurassic World is up for the Masrani Corporation that now owns In-Gen. Just gonna link the section about the park. Apparently they've been running almost ten years with no incident and from the news section, they're working on harvesting Mammoth DNA in SIberia so expect Ice Age stuff in the sequel.

From the Masrani website corporate info page:
----
"You can't expect the world's greatest theme park to merely rely on the same attractions. We need to be proactive, thinking of bigger and better things. Isla Nublar only peaks in attendance during the American holiday season. Why? Proximity. The world has seen what we have to offer, but they aren't in awe as they once used to be. We need to change that. We have a chance to over the upcoming few years."

Despite speculations in the media that Jurassic World might be seen as a slowing attraction, investors can enjoy last month's announcement of a further 300 hotel rooms to be built on the island. Some big plans are coming, so stay tuned in 2014.
----

Where *do* these filmmakers get their ideas?

Mike S

Ridiculously awesome. I'm getting so excited for this movie. Been watching Jurassic Park for as long as I can remember. Still one of my favorite movies :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom