The Spirited Back Nine ...

PhotoDave219

I'm trying to understand your tone on this, because the term overrun does not carry positive connotations and typically when an adjective is surrounded by quotation marks, the writer is doing so facetiously.

I believe he's calling them homeless. Because they live in a hotel, they're not technically homeless but that's actually what they are.

the.dreamfinder

I believe he's calling them homeless. Because they live in a hotel, they're not technically homeless but that's actually what they are.
http://theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/01/it-is-expensive-to-be-poor/282979/
I was also dismayed to find that in some ways, it is actually more expensive to be poor than not poor. If you can’t afford the first month’s rent and security deposit you need in order to rent an apartment, you may get stuck in an overpriced residential motel. If you don’t have a kitchen or even a refrigerator and microwave, you will find yourself falling back on convenience store food, which—in addition to its nutritional deficits—is also alarmingly overpriced. If you need a loan, as most poor people eventually do, you will end up paying an interest rate many times more than what a more affluent borrower would be charged. To be poor—especially with children to support and care for—is a perpetual high-wire act.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Truth.

It also worked half the time when I was there a few weeks ago. And when it doesn't, it harms the ride arguably more than Disco Yeti (and I am in NO way advocating what Disney has allowed to happen there). It just has to work or the illusion is blown.
It's a known design flaw that hopefully will be rectified. But I'm sure you know that...

rael ramone

I actually wonder if some of the managers actually like to read some of the stuff written in this forum.

I wonder what they like best, the ones that point out the lower standards compared to the past, or the ones that reference the 10Q filings & conference call transcripts that feature bar graphs of how increasingly unaffordable WDW is and how unsustainable the road P&R is on as a business model....

71jason

I'm trying to understand your tone on this, because the term overrun does not carry positive connotations and typically when an adjective is surrounded by quotation marks, the writer is doing so facetiously.

If you live in a motel room, that motel room is your "home." It may not be an ideal home--it may in fact reflect horrendous parenting skills--but it's still a "home." Let's just say "homeless" bugs me like "polar vortex" bugs Dave.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wonder what they like best, the ones that point out the lower standards compared to the past, or the ones that reference the 10Q filings & conference call transcripts that feature bar graphs of how increasingly unaffordable WDW is and how unsustainable the road P&R is on as a business model....

I see you have one of mickey's less fortunate relatives as your avatar, Perhaps Mickey could find him a job at WDW as a cheese inspector.

RSoxNo1

The potential "Yeti" in Diagon Alley is a particular fog effect on EfG. When it works right, that part of the ride is extremely effective. When it doesn't, it's obvious. I've ridden EfG 4 times. Worked twice, didn't work twice. Keep a watch on that one.
Is that the thieves downfall waterfall?

Mike S

Is the artwork exaggerating the mine train? Or are they getting the eticket we never got?
I would say they're getting the same one as us since this aerial shot looks pretty similar to our layout.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom