The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mouse_Trap

TSPL consists at Paris of 3 B-Tickets here you'll get your 3 B-Tcikets with changing out two rides and obviously the expanded C-Ticket that is already in place. The opportunity cost for the location is multiple D-tickets, etc. not Carnie rides.

By "MK Part 2" I suggest content rather time - because this ain't being built quickly. the themes should be on an upward trend of both quality and thematics, TSPL fails to deliver both. It is tacky just like All-Stars and Art of Animation resorts.

Who says you won't get the B-Ticket Parachute drop, actually your more likely to get that then RC Racer. But you will likely get neither due to slight lines, you'll get you the Woody's Jamboree, a teacup variant and the lamest ride in all Disney parks , Slinky Dog.

That is precisely how I feel about the TSPL we are hearing about.
Such a shame, because as a concept I think have been really good.

As it stands, it seems it will bore even pre-schoolers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That is precisely how I feel about the TSPL we are hearing about.
Such a shame, because as a concept I think have been really good.

As it stands, it seems it will bore even pre-schoolers.
It probably would bore a lot of pre-schoolers since 2 of the 3 rides have height restrictions that would limit them from riding.

BrianLo

No, because it was always described as a late, rushed addition to help with boosting the ride count.

Nothing rushed about it... it was in the leaked site plans that are at least 2.5 years old now. Not being able to assemble TSPL in four+ years is not the reason.

Far more likely explanation is the 5 year Asian exclusive HKDL still holds on the land. That could expire very shortly after opening, hence the delay.

OR they could have something else planned that has wound up being far more lucrative in the interim (Frozen).

lazyboy97o

Nothing rushed about it... it was in the leaked site plans that are at least 2.5 years old now. Not being able to assemble TSPL in four+ years is not the reason.

Far more likely explanation is the 5 year Asian exclusive HKDL still holds on the land. That could expire very shortly after opening, hence the delay.

OR they could have something else planned that has wound up being far more lucrative in the interim (Frozen).
Plans tend to come after vague concept art.

FrankLapidus

I think that is an insane opinion.

John Lasseter is, truly, the closest thing to Walt at TWDC ... someone who cares, a creative with vision, and someone who not only led Pixar to being the top animation company on the planet, but then helped lead a rebuild of a near death WDFA that only resulted in Frozen.

The company would be far, far lesser sans JL.

And, understand this: his influence on P&R is often greatly exaggerated by fanbois. Not because he doesn't care or because Iger and Co don't want his input, but because he only has so much time. The only resort he has had significant input on ... again, the ONLY resort ... is DLR. And the major projects he had input on (BVS and CL at DCA ... well, I think they turned out just swell).

Losing John would be a huge blow to the company, devastating even.

Amen, I couldn't agree any more.

The company needs more John Lasseter's if anything. Executives at Disney who love and respect the heritage and tradition they are a part of are few and far between but Lasseter is chief among those few. Again, the best thing Iger has done in his time as CEO is entrust animation to Lasseter, the long-term health and success of the division is safe as long as he is charting the course.

Mouse_Trap

I could survive if the Pixar expansion is something like this...

TSPL - $75 million (3 B-tickets)
TSMM 3rd track - $50 million
Cars dark ride (1800-2200 riders per hour) - $150 million (1 D ticket)
relocated Laugh Floor - $50 million (1 C ticket)
rethemed Bug's Life playground - $30 million (1 A ticket)
Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (expanded and a couple show scenes) - $45 million (1 C ticket)
room for Monsters door coaster and Incredibles E-ticket later on (2020 and beyond) - $400 million to $500 million between the two of them. (1 D and 1 E)

1 D-ticket, 3 C-tickets, 3 B tickets, and 1 A ticket... 8 attractions and Pixar Place actually fits its namesake.

Only $400 million out of the $1.2-1.5 billion slated for the DHS makeover. That's without an E-ticket.

Considering SWL is only rumored to be a spinner, Mos Eisley Cantina and 1 E, they could probably find some money for a Pixar-themed E if they're willing to pony up.

What I can't understand is if they really do have a line-up like that planned, then why waste money on a TSMM expansion. With all the extra things to do in the park, the existing ride would cope just fine.

Mouse_Trap

I just know that If Walt were alive, he'd never stand for carnival rides.

gty_disney_teacups_kb_130717_blog.jpg

Though to be fair, that is 50+ years ago. You would have hoped to have progressed a fair bit in that time.

You also have to take into consideration the cost, budgets for opening DL were tight. The WDC wasn't the multi-billion dollar industry it is today.

Goofyernmost

What I can't understand is if they really do have a line-up like that planned, then why waste money on a TSMM expansion. With all the extra things to do in the park, the existing ride would cope just fine.
I suppose if you assume that the only reason why anyone is at TSMM is because there is nothing else to do that would be the reason for the crowd. It is a very popular ride and adding new attractions may divert a few but they still want to ride TSMM. The same number will still be in line at some point in time during the day.

peter11435

I suppose if you assume that the only reason why anyone is at TSMM is because there is nothing else to do that would be the reason for the crowd. It is a very popular ride and adding new attractions may divert a few but they still want to ride TSMM. The same number will still be in line at some point in time during the day.

Good luck getting some on here to understand that simple concept.

Stevek

what?
Care to explain your comment? some specific US slang still escapes me.
I didn't post this but maybe I can provide some insight. The Love Boat was a very popular TV Series in the 80's about a Princess Cruise Ship and their cast that sailed out of San Pedro to the Mexican Rivera with Puerto Vallarta being one of their famous stops/settings. It was required viewing in our house, along with Fantasy Island. Captain Stubing was the captain of the Love Boat. I immediately got the "joke" but I can see where many others might not.

Quinnmac000

So was at Disneyland today (yes I know its not Disneyworld and this is a Disneyworld forum) but people are actually rebelling against Frozen. So many people left the holiday version of World of Color because there was way too much Frozen.

I don't think people will end up boycotting but they definitely need to focus on a better cash cow which is the adorable figure known as Baymax.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I am confident I would. ... Yes, they have issues. But they attempt to solve them. Brown has been doing a great job in investing in infrastructure (I have seen freeways that haven't had significant work done on them in my lifetime, get it in the last 3-4 years). They will make high speed rail a reality there. They care about the environment. They are one state (other than Mass.) that has made the ACA truly work for the majority of people. And they have more diversity than anywhere in the USA that isn't NYC.

Oh, they also have one of the most beautiful states as well.

Cost of living is certainly a factor. But living in most places that aren't in the middle of nowhere (say Kansas or Iowa) isn't cheap either.

But then why are companies bugging out of CA in droves inquiring minds want to know, Employers are cutting CA operations and moving to states with more reasonable regulations

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Though to be fair, that is 50+ years ago. You would have hoped to have progressed a fair bit in that time.

You also have to take into consideration the cost, budgets for opening DL were tight. The WDC wasn't the multi-billion dollar industry it is today.

No but a far smaller Walt Disney Productions built EPCOT v1.0 in just over 2 years, while Todays 100 billion plus TWDC took nearly FOUR YEARS to build a kiddie coaster...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom