The Spirited 11th Hour ...

the.dreamfinder

Weis is so politically outspoken that in order to not be embarrassed by his outspokeness they hoisted him on a pedestal and put a megaphone in his hand?
I don't think Iger, Staggs and Chappie liked the idea of a Bob Weis who didn't sign an NDA after leaving the company post Shanghai, which appears to be what could have happened.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The worst part is... They are literally penalizing my entire trip by wanting to ADD nights! I have no issue paying more for the new nights but the rate I reserved should be honored. I booked in advance for that reason. You really wouldn't have expected this from Disney, but over the past 15 years the company has become soulless.

Edit: they won't be seeing my money this trip, Universal will though!

Taking your money elsewhere is the only way Disney will eventually get the point that this kind of business practice is unacceptable and leaves a bad taste in the mouth of one's customers.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Typical Disney nowadays. My grandparents came down last week for the first time in 8 years. Even they mentioned a decline in quality and they're usually always finding the silver lining!! Grandma even said "What happened to Epcot?" I actually had better customer service at their off site resort than I've had on property in my last two resort stays. I'm telling you, once the pixie dust wears off you see just how disjointed WDW really is.

^^^ THIS ^^^ My Parents and Inlaws are hard core pixie dusters and even they see (and did not renew AP's) the decline in quality and service. Next trip to Orlando has us in AKL with no park days scheduled. Well Done Disney, Well done. For the record that's about 8K worth of revenue Disney will not be collecting from this family this year.

I'm sure the snarky replies will come 'More room for me', Disney's riding high now what happens come the next severe recession?. It was the AP holders and Locals who saved WDW's bacon last time round. And Disney has gone out of their way to tell this group your money is not welcome here.

BernardandBianca

If this is SUCH a good deal let the team build the OWN stadium with their OWN money, Nah never happen

Not wanting to bash your thought (I completely, totally agree that taxpayers should NEVER finance constructing a building for millionairs/billionairs to use to make money), but here in Orlando the Orlando City soccer team eventually stopped trying to get public funding for their new soccer pitch, and are actually funding the construction of a brand new soccer-specific stadium with their own money. And having it with more seating than the government-funded structure was going to have!

FigmentForver96

Typical Disney nowadays. My grandparents came down last week for the first time in 8 years. Even they mentioned a decline in quality and they're usually always finding the silver lining!! Grandma even said "What happened to Epcot?" I actually had better customer service at their off site resort than I've had on property in my last two resort stays. I'm telling you, once the pixie dust wears off you see just how disjointed WDW really is. Now if I could just get my family convinced that a trip to DL is worth it....but they won't budge :(
It's worth and a nice stay atDisney could almost be the same as flying over and staying by DL. I hate people are having such terrible service though. Maybe I luck out. Last three trips have been golden service wise. Our AC was messed up in a room at POP and they upgraded us to pool view and gave us money back for two nights.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not wanting to bash your thought (I completely, totally agree that taxpayers should NEVER finance constructing a building for millionairs/billionairs to use to make money), but here in Orlando the Orlando City soccer team eventually stopped trying to get public funding for their new soccer pitch, and are actually funding the construction of a brand new soccer-specific stadium with their own money. And having it with more seating than the government-funded structure was going to have!

I'm perfectly fine with building as many sports venues as the teams want as long as they pay for them, I'm not fine with public funding and tax breaks though that's corporate welfare at it's worst. Utilities Roads and Sewers well If I built a factory they would be installed as well so fair is fair.

rael ramone

12647015_10207009029658267_3198942595613701934_n.jpg

(I spent way to much time on this, but I simply couldn't pass up this opportunity :hilarious:)

...and down 15% today...

peter11435

Not the last 3 times I was at AK in 2015, Even the drums which used to be stored under the awning at Tusker House were gone. There is a band which plays in the square however

The group under the Tusker house awning hasn't been there since the lion king moved to Africa causing the bar to move under that awning. But the entertainment offerings I mentioned were there.

In case you need some help.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/tam-tam-congo/

The point is they were replaced. Things change. You may not like what's there now as much as what it replaced but there are things there.

Push may be gone from tomorrowland but those entertainment dollars and then some now go towards the incredibles dance party. Again you personally may not appreciate it as much but it is there. And it actually attracts a much larger crowd than push ever did. Not to mention it costs substantially more to operate.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

There will be fireworks just not on days where smog is a problem.
Another thing that baffles me of China.
They can build tons and tons of buildings so quick. They cant really build parks full of trees or housing areas with tons of green areas and plants to help mitigate the smog problem?

Cesar R M

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but considering that he also uses this as his public-facing persona for work, those are some unprofessional tweets. His knee-jerk comments support @WDW1974 in thinking that maybe Weis is so outspoken, Iger partly promoted him to keep him happy inside the WDC.

I'm still relieved he replaced Brucie.
Id think it the opposite... He was promoted because Iger supports the same political ideals?

Cesar R M

Don't forget PUSH, The african dancers at AK in front of Tusker house
There were dancers in front of Turkser house? or you mean the African band that invites people to dance with them?
Because last time I went and stayed in that area for a bit of time.. they were there.

No if you try to add rather than make a separate reservation they will attempt to jack up the other nights

Then the charges and fees are for MODIFYING a current reservation.?

Nope, expected that they'd be more. Not that Disney would add $50+ to every other previously booked night.

hold on a second, by adding days to your already reserved booking.. they not only added the nights.. but changed the rates of ALL days involved? that is hella fishy!

Cesar R M

...and down 15% today...
wow.. people really have no confidence on Meg.
Is she really that bad in management and business?

The group under the Tusker house awning hasn't been there since the lion king moved to Africa causing the bar to move under that awning. But the entertainment offerings I mentioned were there.

In case you need some help.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/tam-tam-congo/

The point is they were replaced. Things change. You may not like what's there now as much as what it replaced but there are things there.

Push may be gone from tomorrowland but those entertainment dollars and then some now go towards the incredibles dance party. Again you personally may not appreciate it as much but it is there. And it actually attracts a much larger crowd than push ever did. Not to mention it costs substantially more to operate.

The incredibles dance party felt like just a rehash from the older character party.
The only difference is, they changed the character (before it was chip, dale, stitch, goofy) and now its only Mr. Incredible, Frozone and Mrs Incredible.

JediMasterMatt

Last I saw it wasn't a park, but an "entertainment complex" lacking a gate or attractions.

WDW will be keeping a close eye on this park "lacking attractions" for future reference purposes... although, the lack of a gate thing would have to change. Maybe no attractions and upcharge events; but, no gate - never.

*The only thing good about a bad cold is all the great medications you get prescribed as you can tell by this post.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, everyone is interested in Bob Weis's Tweets all of a sudden?

He is outspoken and proud of it. Just another reason why he was an excellent choice to be named head of WDI ... but those of you who are surprised absolutely are right. What he is doing isn't the Disney Way at all. Look at the bland feeds of Imagineers from Joe Rohde to Jason Grandt to that British dude that was working at HKDL, but has relocated to the swamps. Never has so much been said of so little substance. Why? Because they are all afraid of Bob and Zenia.

And Bob Weis isn't.

That should make you think.

BTW, can't help but see Bob has less than 2,000 followers, which yet again tells you what a lie Twitter is. Either that or convince yourself that folks like Tom Amity and Tom Bricker and Epcot Explorer and Ricky Brigante and any of the Parkscope bois or any lifestyler you can possibly name (even that Swedish chick who borrowed the Disney Lifetyler moniker for herself) have many thousands of REAL people following them. They flat out do NOT. They have IPs tied to a device anywhere on the planet that have been bought in bulk or simply tagged their account once for whatever reason. But I am sorry to all of them, a few who I actually like, but 10,000 people are not reading your tweets on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom