The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

michmousefan

Frankly, that dress code should apply to a freaking McDonald's. It's just common sense (yes, I know very few possess it, not the point!)

Of course, I sat at a Macaroni Grill on Labor Day Weekend where a teen and his 10-year-old sister and parents sat next to us with him wearing a tee that had the phrase Mother-blanker prominently displayed. This in an affluent area as well.

People are so boorish today. I hate (most of) them.
Our group had a fantastic meal at the CG in October. We all dressed up (ties for the guys, skirts and dresses for the women) and were seated next to a table of t-shirt wearers who were apparently celebrating someone's birthday, as they had pieces of garish wrapping paper on the able. Fortunately they finished soon after we arrived and were replaced by another group that seemed to understand the dress code, and were not under the assumption that this establishment was a Farrell's.

The crowd was quite diverse -- from folks in dress shoes and sport coats to the t-shirt gang. I only wish it was skewed a bit more toward the ties-and-sportcoat types. Fortunately I didn't notice any crocs - that nastiness would have been a significant negative in what really was a memorable dining experience.

Figments Friend

It's even better when it has high quality SPIRIT (rum) added to it, And I mean the GOOD stuff not what is advertised on TV.

Yeah...like homemade wassail.
I have a friend who makes his own...orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, some other spices, and rum.
Corks a bottle in early November and we crack that baby open on New Years Eve.
Served hot....mmmm...

Makes one feel all warm and toasty inside...in a good way, not a EPCOT-Drunkytown way.

:hungry:

Lee

Adventurer
I was planning on seeing it today, but life got in the way. Now, I'm hoping for Friday (BEFORE the kids are out of school!)
Frozen? I'll pass. I'll care about Frozen if it ever becomes a ride.
I did go to the movies yesterday. Saw Oldboy. It was quite good, and much more to my taste than a snow queen and a "hilarious" snowman.
It's OK. I know I have others here who will be sending me cards...
Mailing it today. The Mrs. chose the cards, so you can probably guess the theme...

tissandtully

I did go to the movies yesterday. Saw Oldboy. It was quite good, and much more to my taste than a snow queen and a "hilarious" snowman.

Mailing it today. The Mrs. chose the cards, so you can probably guess the theme...

Not sure if you saw the original Oldboy, but the new one is a pile of crazy spike lee poo poo compared to it unfortunately.

lebeau

You should see Frozen. It's a really good movie. And the snowman is bordering on hilarious. The marketing really sells the movie short. The snowman is a minor character. It's a great fairy tale with the catchiest soundtrack since Ashman and Menken.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah...like homemade wassail.
I have a friend who makes his own...orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, some other spices, and rum.
Corks a bottle in early November and we crack that baby open on New Years Eve.
Served hot....mmmm...

Makes one feel all warm and toasty inside...in a good way, not a EPCOT-Drunkytown way.

:hungry:

Yes indeed - have you ever seen the Mannheim Steamroller wassail scene where the cooks are preparing a copper vessel full of wassail and pages take it the great hall for the feast?

tissandtully

You should see Frozen. It's a really good movie. And the snowman is bordering on hilarious. The marketing really sells the movie short. The snowman is a minor character. It's a great fairy tale with the catchiest soundtrack since Ashman and Menken.

Oh, honestly if you're not interested in Frozen, @Lee, you should go see it just for the "Get a Horse" short, and then leave and go see something else. It's really one of the more inventive shorts I've seen, up there with Pixar. It also deserves to be seen in 3D.

Reactions: NEL

Californian Elitist

Some movies should never be re-made and Oldboy is one of those.

And on the So Cal weather update, please pray for us. Not only is it in the 50's, it may rain this weekend. The horror! ;)

Yes, I hear the American Oldboy is not good, especially when compared to the Korean version. I have no plans on seeing it anyway.

If it rains on Saturday like weather reports are stating, I'm not going out.

Figments Friend

I would like to go to see a film on the silver screen at some point this month....not sure which one.
None currently in release here really strike my fancy.

So how is that 'Saving Mr. Banks' doing over in the great UK....?
Anyone here seen it already...and what are your thoughts..?

djlaosc

So how is that 'Saving Mr. Banks' doing over in the great UK....?
Anyone here seen it already...and what are your thoughts..?

Well, until you said something, I didn't even realise that it was out over here (never mind the fact that it's been out a week), so, it's not getting a lot of advertising - don't think I've seen one advert yet (seen a couple for Frozen though).

If I have seen an advert (and I think I've seen something, but can't remember whether it was an TV Advert, a clip on a TV show, or an online clip I've seen), then it would only be the once.

Figments Friend

The next Hobbit movie?

How did you know i am a 'Rings' freak..?
:cool:

I totally forgot the new Hobbit chapter is slated for release this month!
It seems i have been waiting forever for it....and just thought it was out 'next month'...!

Du'oh..!
( slaps head )

Thanks for the reminder.
Perhaps i might just venture out and take that in.....

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Thursday Musings:

Walking Dead spoilers near the end!

Please tell me that WDW did NOT Tweet out the incorrect year of Walt Disney's birth this morning!

Also, please lie to me and tell me that our military's sonar tests isn't responsible for the mass whale beaching in SoFla.

So, is Theme Park Connection the same company (or run by the same folks) that used to be near MCO like a decade ago and took poor care of everything they had and literally destroyed stuff when their lease ended instead of giving it away?

I'd like to tell you that my in box is full of notes talking about great experiences from guests and cast with MM+, but then I'd be lying to you.

So, it would appear that WDW's answer to Potter 2.0 (and Cabana Bay and additions to City Walk ...oh, and a little something at IOA) is to market New Fantasyland as a complete entity and act like it's all new in 2014 even if portions have been open for years. You gotta admire that ballsy style.

Have I said how much I dislike the Twitverse?

So, I am headed to DLP in mere weeks yet I haven't gotten my MAGIC Bands yet. Should I be worried? Call anyone?

Speaking of DLP, check out the pics on Disney and More of the new Ratatouille ride. Looks great and just what the weakest Disney park internationally needs.

Didn't realize until a while ago just how far along the FW/RC DVC resort came to being before Disney realized how costly it would have been and went the cheap monorail route instead.

BTW, Disney seems to be synonymous with cheapness these days. For all you fanbois who never visit any other Florida theme parks, that isn't how they are run.

I know Tommy Boi took shots at me on his podcast, but I just can't bring myself to even bother listening.

No, I don't think fast food workers should all be making $15 an hour, but I'd be willing to pay higher prices for them all to make at least $10-11. Besides, we all pay for their government benefits when they make $7.50 an hour.

Just a feeling, but if we hear any substantial theme park news this month I think it will be bad.

So, last week was all Thanksgiving specials and episodes and this week is all Christmas. I'm guessing they couldn't wait another week or two.

Finola Hughes is still one fine looking lady ... as nice as when I shared an elevator with her at the BW 15 years ago.

Anyone here take a flight on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner yet?

OK, been long enough. Walking Dead was very weak in its mid-season finale. Killing both the Governor and Herschel and making folks think that Baby Judith was also consumed was just weak all around by Kirkman and Company. If the show is going to just turn into a giant gorefest where characters are slaughtered weekly for shock value, then many people are going to turn their backs on it. Sorry, but I didn't even get a chance to decide whether I liked the Gov's new family before they were part of the bloodbath. There is no shock value when that is all you do. It's weak writing. I don't see myself sticking with it to find out in five years that Carl restarts the human race on Hilton Head Island. ... I do like the implicit threat that Norman Reedus has given the showrunners about killing his character off.

So, The Millers isn't all that good even if I personally like Beau Bridges (yes, I know him too!), but it's actually the funniest comedy that Will Arnett has been in in 2014 (yes, that means I think the reboot of Arrested Development was damn near unwatchable!)

OK, now I know why we're talking about grocery stores in Buffalo. It is a very slow, very quiet time in the business except when Miceage puts out a poorly thought out and sourced column!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom