The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Who mentioned it? I don't recall saying anything. Regardless, yes, we're heading to DLR for the weekend. Then NYC for next weekend. Both trips were booked via the method I mentioned recently. $140 RT for NYC and $110(!) for DLR. And, since we have a Companion Pass on Southwest, the fare is effectively $70 RT for NYC and $55 for DLR. We thought about canceling one or both trips after booking the Asia one...but it's tough to pass on that cheap of airfare.

Tom, the Spirit is everywhere all the time. He hears, sees and knows all. So, DLR and NYC? No, WDW this holiday season?

As for the "power couple" thing, I think we'll pass. It sounds like a title devoid of any real power, and not an "honor" we actually want.

I don't think you have a choice with the way you are traveling. I've done TDR and HKDL in one holiday season. I've done DLR and WDW in one. I've never done THREE.

You and the Mrs are going to get the Super Couple Tiaras (shame as I know Tom Amity Corless really wanted to wear one!)

My serious question(s) to you: going to try a DCL voyage soon (sunrises and sunsets at sea are beautiful!)? ... ever going to visit and photograph the UNI parks or SW/Busch parks? Or will Dr. Blondie punish you by not running your stuff on the DBP if you do?

Have fun in Europe. I obviously can't complain about our travels, but I think this season would be a very good time to visit DLRP. Have a drink for me in the Redwood Bar!

I have done Christmas at every Disney resort (obviously countless times with the domestic resorts), but never DLP, so this will be a first for me as will the weather. ...I'll definitely do that!!!

TalkingHead

I like Trader Joe's and drop in when I am near one, but I tend to think like some SoCal things (say In N Out) they are overrated and not quite as good as folks say.

They are now coming to Florida and popping up around Central and South.

The one in Tallahassee opened in October. Must say I've been impressed with it. Still mainly shop at Publix, but there's a list of items I'll go to Trader Joe's to get.

(And I'm a sucker for Polynesian anything, so it gets points for that, too.)

Sped2424

True.

It would have been much more powerful to see the Gov's good side play out for a season or two and then maybe lose Megan and go over to the dark side again. It just reeked of lazy writing.

There is no shock value when you slaughter characters weekly.
Agreed also what was the point of his redemption only for him to revert to a sociopath in the span of an episode? Seemed like they couldn't think of anything to heighten the action or climax for a mid season finale. Sloppy and lazy writing indeed, I think this might be my last season of walking dead.

WDWFigment

Tom, the Spirit is everywhere all the time. He hears, sees and knows all. So, DLR and NYC? No, WDW this holiday season?

I don't think you have a choice with the way you are traveling. I've done TDR and HKDL in one holiday season. I've done DLR and WDW in one. I've never done THREE.

You and the Mrs are going to get the Super Couple Tiaras (shame as I know Tom Amity Corless really wanted to wear one!)

My serious question(s) to you: going to try a DCL voyage soon (sunrises and sunsets at sea are beautiful!)? ... ever going to visit and photograph the UNI parks or SW/Busch parks? Or will Dr. Blondie punish you by not running your stuff on the DBP if you do?

I have done Christmas at every Disney resort (obviously countless times with the domestic resorts), but never DLP, so this will be a first for me as will the weather. ...I'll definitely do that!!!

No WDW this season. Will have spent more days in TDR than WDW at the end of the year.

Sarah is pushing for DCL, but thus far it hasn't worked out. I'm wholly unwilling to pay rack prices, and whenever I've found a fairly deep discount, the dates haven't worked.

I don't have any interest in SeaWorld as of right now, but I really want to visit/photograph Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Universal Orlando, and have every intent of visiting both in the near future. Had the National Parks been closed for another weekend, I would've visited BGW this fall, but I drove down to Great Smoky Mountains NP that particular weekend, instead. My target is next year, second weekend in Oct. for BGW (+/- one weekend, depending upon the fall colors chart). Our target for Universal was this fall during HHN, but on-site hotel rates weren't discounted enough. Rather than waiting until next fall, I think we'll do early in the year as soon as a good rate is available--not totally sure, though. I've been looking.

jdmdisney99

Well it shows the clash of themes on Mickey Avenue and Disney Town (shopping district)
4d-garden-02.jpg

Carthay Circle Theater is at the bottom of the image. It might be the Broadway style theater.

Animaniac93-98

Speaking of DLP, check out the pics on Disney and More of the new Ratatouille ride. Looks great and just what the weakest Disney park internationally needs.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I haven't seen pictures (or the site in person) in a while so I'm glad to see it's turing out so great. But will there be any point in riding the parachute drop after it's done?

DLP looks like it has nicer Xmas decorations than MK.

Anyone here take a flight on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner yet?

Oh forget that Spirit, did see WestJet's Disney wrap Magic Plane with Disney character cookies onboard? The whole thing was revealed earlier this week with LED ear wearing spectators and I'm sure you think it looks wonderful. ;)

PhotoDave219

Spirited Thursday Musings:

Walking Dead spoilers near the end!

Please tell me that WDW did NOT Tweet out the incorrect year of Walt Disney's birth this morning!

Also, please lie to me and tell me that our military's sonar tests isn't responsible for the mass whale beaching in SoFla.

So, is Theme Park Connection the same company (or run by the same folks) that used to be near MCO like a decade ago and took poor care of everything they had and literally destroyed stuff when their lease ended instead of giving it away?

I'd like to tell you that my in box is full of notes talking about great experiences from guests and cast with MM+, but then I'd be lying to you.

So, it would appear that WDW's answer to Potter 2.0 (and Cabana Bay and additions to City Walk ...oh, and a little something at IOA) is to market New Fantasyland as a complete entity and act like it's all new in 2014 even if portions have been open for years. You gotta admire that ballsy style.

Have I said how much I dislike the Twitverse?

So, I am headed to DLP in mere weeks yet I haven't gotten my MAGIC Bands yet. Should I be worried? Call anyone?

Speaking of DLP, check out the pics on Disney and More of the new Ratatouille ride. Looks great and just what the weakest Disney park internationally needs.

Didn't realize until a while ago just how far along the FW/RC DVC resort came to being before Disney realized how costly it would have been and went the cheap monorail route instead.

BTW, Disney seems to be synonymous with cheapness these days. For all you fanbois who never visit any other Florida theme parks, that isn't how they are run.

I know Tommy Boi took shots at me on his podcast, but I just can't bring myself to even bother listening.

No, I don't think fast food workers should all be making $15 an hour, but I'd be willing to pay higher prices for them all to make at least $10-11. Besides, we all pay for their government benefits when they make $7.50 an hour.

Just a feeling, but if we hear any substantial theme park news this month I think it will be bad.

So, last week was all Thanksgiving specials and episodes and this week is all Christmas. I'm guessing they couldn't wait another week or two.

Finola Hughes is still one fine looking lady ... as nice as when I shared an elevator with her at the BW 15 years ago.

Anyone here take a flight on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner yet?

OK, been long enough. Walking Dead was very weak in its mid-season finale. Killing both the Governor and Herschel and making folks think that Baby Judith was also consumed was just weak all around by Kirkman and Company. If the show is going to just turn into a giant gorefest where characters are slaughtered weekly for shock value, then many people are going to turn their backs on it. Sorry, but I didn't even get a chance to decide whether I liked the Gov's new family before they were part of the bloodbath. There is no shock value when that is all you do. It's weak writing. I don't see myself sticking with it to find out in five years that Carl restarts the human race on Hilton Head Island. ... I do like the implicit threat that Norman Reedus has given the showrunners about killing his character off.

So, The Millers isn't all that good even if I personally like Beau Bridges (yes, I know him too!), but it's actually the funniest comedy that Will Arnett has been in in 2014 (yes, that means I think the reboot of Arrested Development was damn near unwatchable!)

OK, now I know why we're talking about grocery stores in Buffalo. It is a very slow, very quiet time in the business except when Miceage puts out a poorly thought out and sourced column!

Missed the Walt Disney tweet - I've been working with a much more badass entertainment company in Florida this week.

Theme Park Connection & Mouse Surplus split awhile back. Its my understanding that it was a partnership that dissolved. (Of course TPC employees some of your "fans")

Havent been on a 787 yet. 757 out of Dulles and an A320. Saw an A340 on the ramp.

Apparently everyone does a podcast. I wasa guest on one once ... but apparently I was too "Edgy" to be invited back. Took that as a compliment.

lazyboy97o

I guess I don't like them because today any/every one has one and 99% of the folks think they're doing Top 40 morning drive routines and they don't even have that 'talent' (yes, I don't think those people are generally talented at all).

Almost everyone can put words together to form sentences, yet that in no way makes everyone writers.

Just because someone has opinions and can talk into a mic doesn't mean they should!
Is that really any different than anything else?

What happened to the days of Disney theme park art making the park looking like sophisticated, romantic places?

PhotoDave219

I guess I don't like them because today any/every one has one and 99% of the folks think they're doing Top 40 morning drive routines and they don't even have that 'talent' (yes, I don't think those people are generally talented at all).

Almost everyone can put words together to form sentences, yet that in no way makes everyone writers.

Just because someone has opinions and can talk into a mic doesn't mean they should!

I dont know, I'd love to hear some of these fanboiz try and riff Jim Norton style. It would be the Pat Battle of O-Town again! (Someone on here will get that reference.... maybe Steve from Yellowstone)

That being said, The best podcast I listened to was The ill-fated "Of Mouse and Man" podcast... which was damn funny.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
OK, I shall have eggnog before I leave. And I KNOW already that I'll be treated in a manner that I've become accustomed to!:D

NYC at Christmas is beautiful. And I can't imagine you'll be colder there than I will be across the pond ... but we can compare notes when we return!

Here's a picture I took by work. This is the lobby of the MetLife building.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 70

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Is that really any different than anything else?

What happened to the days of Disney theme park art making the park looking like sophisticated, romantic places?

Cheap 3D modeling, Beats paying an artist of course it generates c--p but Disney is brimming with C--p these days,

RandySavage

Well it shows the clash of themes on Mickey Avenue and Disney Town (shopping district)
4d-garden-02.jpg

Carthay Circle Theater is at the bottom of the image. It might be the Broadway style theater.

It's a very interesting reveal of what the theme-ing of Mickey Ave will be (Buena Vista St influence). DisneyTown is not visible in this painting - the arcaded indentures (alleys) and Carthay tower can all be seen in the blueprints:
ParkEntrance-1.jpg~original

The big Walt Disney Theater in DisneyTown (where I imagine the Broadway shows like Mary Poppins and Lion King will play to Shanghai elite) can be seen in the above plan as well.

Alektronic

Wasn't planning on logging back in here this evening, but couldn't help it after Disney Legend Tony Baxter got more talk time on tonight's Jimmy Kimmel than many guests who are actually there (no, he wasn't there ... part of a story!)

I saw it also, a great story about DL jail and a personal visit to Indiana Jones Control Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom