The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

..Regardless of advertising (and again, I'm not the norm as I don't watch cable tv, so I don't see advertisements unless I go out of my way to see them) I'm still going to see Frozen this Friday.

Is there anything else decent in theaters right now? I'm kinda looking for a back-to-back movie experience. Friday is a bad day for me. I'm gonna need the distraction.

Goofyernmost

No way. It'll definitely empty into a gift shop chuck full of merchandise at kids eye levels (the most expensive, of course) and then maybe a M&G off to the side. Which would also empty into another gift shop. And then you could FP+ another M&G and buy DVC at a convenient DVC booth that you gotta go past that will dump into another gift shop. They can turn Duffy into Duffy the DVC Bear. (I'M TRADEMARKING IT SO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT)

In fact, why isn't all of WS a gift shop/M&G ad nauseum? It's close to it already. Just finish the loop.
I yield to your superior creativity.:joyfull: I am not worthy.:depressed:

Cody5242

..Regardless of advertising (and again, I'm not the norm as I don't watch cable tv, so I don't see advertisements unless I go out of my way to see them) I'm still going to see Frozen this Friday.

Is there anything else decent in theaters right now? I'm kinda looking for a back-to-back movie experience. Friday is a bad day for me. I'm gonna need the distraction.
Hunger Games, Captain Philips, 12 Years a Slave

baymenxpac

just returned from a quick holiday weekend in o-town. in lieu of a trip report, here are some brief thoughts:

1) the food at WDW has quickly become the most overrated, overpriced thing about it. while the sprucing up of the california grill is nice and everything, portions are smaller (which is fine by me. it's fine dining after all), though i'm not sure the menu improved. did enjoy the table next to us: hoodies and crocs. nothing says, "i'm here for an upscaling dining experience" like plastic shoes. also had two borderline inedible meals at the rose and crown (part of candlelight dinner package) and the turf club at saratoga springs (which was the worst dining experience i've ever had. not on disney property. EVER).

2) magic bands worked nicely for our time at the MK. they'd almost be tolerable had disney not spent $2 billion on them. have to say: the worst salesmen for these things are cast members. they hate them and they're quick to tell you that, "they never work." a security guard at saratoga said, after the band scan didn't work for entry, "ya know, you get used to this technology...all i have to do is read your card...with my eyes." yup, totally worth $2 billion!

3) spent all of sunday at universal. sorry, disney dudes and dudettes, but if you're insistent that disney is a better value and/or experience, you're wrong. employees are nicer, happier, and more helpful. there's more show value in those two parks than ANY of the disney parks. the attractions are properly maintained and, yes, CLEANER. it's a top notch experience. i sat on the sidelines on UNI for too long. only did one IOA trip for potter in the last 20 years. now, these parks are a must do on my list. there is ZERO reason to go to DHS, and as much as it pains me to say this, EPCOT when you have a far better experience up the road. also, mythos: WIN. i almost fainted when the bill came and no one at the table had to take out a second mortgage for, what ended up being, one of the top dining experiences i've had in the orlando area in the last...decade?

4) divorce yourself of brand loyalty. it makes you a better consumer.

Cesar R M

just returned from a quick holiday weekend in o-town. in lieu of a trip report, here are some brief thoughts:

1) the food at WDW has quickly become the most overrated, overpriced thing about it. while the sprucing up of the california grill is nice and everything, portions are smaller (which is fine by me. it's fine dining after all), though i'm not sure the menu improved. did enjoy the table next to us: hoodies and crocs. nothing says, "i'm here for an upscaling dining experience" like plastic shoes. also had two borderline inedible meals at the rose and crown (part of candlelight dinner package) and the turf club at saratoga springs (which was the worst dining experience i've ever had. not on disney property. EVER).

2) magic bands worked nicely for our time at the MK. they'd almost be tolerable had disney not spent $2 billion on them. have to say: the worst salesmen for these things are cast members. they hate them and they're quick to tell you that, "they never work." a security guard at saratoga said, after the band scan didn't work for entry, "ya know, you get used to this technology...all i have to do is read your card...with my eyes." yup, totally worth $2 billion!

3) spent all of sunday at universal. sorry, disney dudes and dudettes, but if you're insistent that disney is a better value and/or experience, you're wrong. employees are nicer, happier, and more helpful. there's more show value in those two parks than ANY of the disney parks. the attractions are properly maintained and, yes, CLEANER. it's a top notch experience. i sat on the sidelines on UNI for too long. only did one IOA trip for potter in the last 20 years. now, these parks are a must do on my list. there is ZERO reason to go to DHS, and as much as it pains me to say this, EPCOT when you have a far better experience up the road. also, mythos: WIN. i almost fainted when the bill came and no one at the table had to take out a second mortgage for, what ended up being, one of the top dining experiences i've had in the orlando area in the last...decade?

4) divorce yourself of brand loyalty. it makes you a better consumer.
backlash of angry loyal fans and employees of disney incoming in...

speaking of holidays, I cant believe how fast we're moving towards christmas.. another year already!
the older you get, the slower you seem to be and the faster life around you seem to move. D:

I wonder how long until we will all be waving our canes in our porches and screaming about how good disney used to be ;)

Soarin' Over Pgh

speaking of holidays, I cant believe how fast we're moving towards christmas.. another year already!
the older you get, the slower you seem to be and the faster life around you seem to move. D:

I wonder how long until we will all be waving our canes in our porches and screaming about how good disney used to be ;)

"do you remember that place called Disney's world? it used to have those spinning thingies and the fairy creatures"

Animaniac93-98

Spirited Agrabah Report:

If you're planning on seeing Aladdin in New York and are expecting a 2 hour version of the DCA show, you will be disapointed. It's not, but I don't think it'll be a dud like Mermaid or Tarzan. Should play well like Poppins if the crowd last night was any indication.

flyerjab

Don't worry. The screaming about how good Disney used to be has already been mastered here.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Wednesday Musings:

I gotta admit there's nothing that can make my day more than getting a piece of hate mail from one of my biggest fans out there!

As I count down the days to my Faux Top One Percent Spirited Winter Holidays Abroad, I admit that with all the thick-headed threads that are appearing and ridiculous arguments that I am looking forward to my MAGICal sabbatical. I'll miss plenty of you like @Lee because of his wife, @alissafalco because she has such a gentle Spirit, @flynnibus because he has never met an argument that he didn't want to win at all costs, and he's a smart dude too, @lazyboy97o because his posts make a great deal of sense while usually keeping emotion out, @ParentsOf4 because I really want to meet and work with someone who can clearly delineate complex points into their core issues, @TP2000 because he damn well knows how to dress and what is classy versus tacky and literally dozens of you that I don't have the time to list, but I won't miss the people or the threads that make me wonder about the sanity of the posters. But I wish all of you the happiest of holiday seasons because (no fanboi jokes here) I am one giving Spirit.

Speaking of giving, I heard a great joke (in my head) earlier today. It said that new O-Town Lifestyler SuperCouple Tom Amity Corless and Scarlett Litton had registered with Theme Park Connection for their wedding gifts!

I posted this here on its own thread in the middle of the night and it was moved somewhere where it will die a quick death , but since almost anything goes here I'm adding this. This would be a very good thing if it happens.

$110 million water park on unused former Yankees/Orioles spring training site with no tax money, so that South Floridians don't have to drive to WDW or SW to get water park action. I still am not holding my breath.

http://www.local10.com/news/constru...ark/-/1717324/23274226/-/t8s6fxz/-/index.html

BTW, I am no more than 50/50 that it will happen, but I sure hope it does.

@WDWFigment, you are not heading to DLR this weekend as someone said in the Twitverse are you? If so, you absolutely are gonna get the crown (or tiaras) as the real Power Couple of Disney Lifestylers whether you live in the middle of nowhere or not! :)

Watching whales beach themselves in SoFla today was not a fun thing (no, didn't see it in person, just all over the news!)

I could really go for one of those Christmas Cookies.

Spirited Holiday Secret: I have never had eggnog in my life. Seriously. (But unlike most fanbois, I have had lots of coffee, alcohol and gals!)

So, @KevinYee wrote about the fact those MAGIC Bands can track you? Little late, Kev, but welcome to the game. Those devices aren't 'dead' either when you take them home. Now, what good that is, I have no idea (I am sure @flynnibus will come in and tell us that no other company's readers could ever interact with them or take info off them without you knowing, but ...)

Right now, I have friends enjoying MAGICal trips to TDR, DLR and Las Vegas. Question: what three destinations would I prefer visiting over O-Town.

Anyone out there been to BGT for their ChristmasTown this year? Comments?

The more I talk to folks and read, the more I am convinced that O-Town wasn't all that busy over the holiday weekend.

Have I told y'all that Jason Surrell and his 'tude really are on my nerves. Maybe @WDWFigment or someone else can tell him because I am so sure he never reads this forum! (Does sarcasm really need smiley?)

Kudos to Disney for the lovely 'Ode to Attractions That We Destroyed For Crap'' Collection. Fanbois, you can absolutely buy me the Horizons or Imagination shirts (Large, please!)

Yes, the MK is open until the late, late hour of 10 tonight (usually about my dinner time) ... why? Likely because there are lots of people who don't want to pay TDO extortion for Christmas entertainment and don't want to be forced out of the park at 7 p.m.

So, last year's Georgie K greed play disaster of having the CP at DL on 20 nights instead of the traditional two died a quick death and Anaheim will host it only on two nights this weekend.

Yes, Star Wars in the parks really was delayed over script issues and, yes, Imagineers have been moved over to SDL thus freezing projects. No, it doesn't mean anything more than those simple facts.

Yes, Disney hates Potter and their thick-headed execs think its a flash in the pan! Totally explains why they run Potter films on ABC Family like an addict mainlining heroin.

Wow, I haven't even looked at the last three issues of The Hollywood Reporter. I really need to catch up on my reading!

What's on your minds?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom