Trip Report The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Trip Report *Complete*

The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - Trip Report

Back home and wanted to at least get a start on this report, before I start canning next week. (Plus Stinker is down for the moment)

I had the best intentions of taking notes, and even bought a journal to do such. (Ya, right, I never even opened it)

My pre- trip and semi live report can be found here.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...keep-saying-that-semi-live-now.955080/page-15

My title explanation is as follows.

The Old- for our Anniversary (27) and at Coronado Springs.

The new- flying instead of the torture it is for me being in a car for 8 1/2 hours, or in the case of Irma 17 1/2. 😑

Also, meeting and getting to chat with some very sweet trip report forum members and their spouses.

That would have been so out of my comfort zone until I met @Tuvalu in May. Very glad that I had the opportunity it was a blast. :)

The borrowed, is my alternate title - The Last Chapter- because believe it or not, I did not renew APs or book a Bounceback. I really am not going back until earliest May of next year and I am totally fine with that.

We almost did bounce back because we love celebrating our Anniversary at the world but it is HOT!! Too Hot and the only way I like a Hurricane or threat of one is in a glass.

The Blue, was lack of rain, other than a horrid storm while having drinks at Coronado and a little bit during a day at AK. Also for the gorgeous blue skies we flew both down and back in.

So onto day 1- flying down.

15 trips to WDW and flew one time, the rest in a car. It is taxing, at best for me to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I hate it. Always have. My mom still goes a little pale at the thought of our road trips when I was little. My dad had to take the scenic route and stop at every beach and then make us get back in the car to check out another one- in my defense. I just wanted to stay at the first one. I hated getting back in the car lol.

1 hour and there? Ya, I am in.

I was expecting to wait forever but better than a car right? (For me, anyway)
Got there 2 hours before, checked bag, did security, no line. Waited, boarded, took off, and an hour 30 minute flight, landed in a little over an hour.

And yes, I did have a Bloody Mary for breakfast. ;)
AE947B39-C64A-4631-88C5-0534579BC40F.jpeg

20A7F9A7-C7A1-4200-B280-36AB85DE72DC.jpeg
98FD2010-8B98-46F2-8B50-7991BD120EF5.jpeg

Made our way off and down to ME, straight into a line, and was on the bus maybe 5 minutes after getting in line.

216F1D22-629F-4188-B49C-DA382B6B48EC.jpeg
90ABF14B-7E13-498D-AF10-8994D1684524.jpeg
3496A053-83AE-4AD9-AF2C-2A3675D39285.jpeg

Not very easy to get a pic of the gate in a bus.
6F1DBCAA-CF45-4CF5-A0D3-9EDDCD30B12E.jpeg

And we are home! Love the new sign, it reminds me of the old room colors, though which is odd.
CBE8AAD4-ECEC-49A6-9AFB-252F05CA2432.jpeg

donaldtoo

So, guess who came today?? And I also got 50 roses delivered, a little early. Can you say a good day? 😍🙏🏻

View attachment 493050

PS does she not look like her daddy? Minus the bow??
View attachment 493051
I will be holding her before my anniversary. So thankful. So blessed.

Both of my stinkers together! View attachment 493057

B is a smart man, he orders flowers straight from the source, they come with all the thorns and guard petals, you peel that off and magic happens. I will update once I get them in vases, gorgeous and they don’t die as buds, they get softball size. You can watch it hapoen

View attachment 493052View attachment 493053
View attachment 493056

Thank you guys again, if all goes well, I may have a pre-trip report coming up soon.
❤ Appreciate you guys so much!! She is home!!!!

Such AWESOME news...!!!!!!! 😍
Sorry I haven’t checked back in sooner, but, this was the news I was waiting for, and knew would happen sooner, rather than later...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Congrats on the early anniversary present of your little angel coming home, and may you and your hubby be able to more fully enjoy your actual anniversary now...!!!!! :happy:
Again, so very AWESOME...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I am so happy for you 😊- she is beautiful and as much fun as you have had with stinker, it’ll be even more fun with two of them 😍. May you continue to be so blessed!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I didn’t mean to flower bomb you guys last night, I am so tired and had so many open threads going, but thank you guys! I got to see her today and got a quick picture. Ratty canning veggie hair and all.
3B1161FF-1991-494D-9AE2-9DF3A053123C.jpeg

Closing this thread out now, again. Look for my pre trip report, coming up soon, when I have time. Tentative dates, November 1-7 Pending, Coronado opening back up. 😘

DouglasE

Just discovering this trip report now.

On my next trip, I'm considering a stay at the Gran Destino tower. All of your pictures of Coronado were most welcome. Seeing that wall at Toledo with all of the pics of Walt was a treat. I love Disney history. Disney+ has some really great documentaries about the Disney studios and Disney animation.

You can not go wrong with a frozen adult beverage (FAB) in my book. Good choice on the Grand Marnier Slushie. Two months after you, I got a similar drink at Food and Wine Festival and it totally put me in a better mood, especially in the Orlando heat.

I support your multiple visits to the Brown Derby Lounge. I think that spot is such a winner.

I'm so glad you stood your ground at Boo to You parade. Nothing gets my ire up like rude behavior. Who raises these people!?

Walt Disney World is definitely short of housekeeping staff. It is my understanding that is the reason why they instituted the option to decline housekeeping service during your stay in exchange for a gift card.

So happy to see that your newest stinker is on the right path. Hope we all are looking at a better future come early November. I think this time is so challenging for most of us in so many ways. Thank you so much for sharing your adventures.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Just discovering this trip report now.

On my next trip, I'm considering a stay at the Gran Destino tower. All of your pictures of Coronado were most welcome. Seeing that wall at Toledo with all of the pics of Walt was a treat. I love Disney history. Disney+ has some really great documentaries about the Disney studios and Disney animation.

You can not go wrong with a frozen adult beverage (FAB) in my book. Good choice on the Grand Marnier Slushie. Two months after you, I got a similar drink at Food and Wine Festival and it totally put me in a better mood, especially in the Orlando heat.

I support your multiple visits to the Brown Derby Lounge. I think that spot is such a winner.

I'm so glad you stood your ground at Boo to You parade. Nothing gets my ire up like rude behavior. Who raises these people!?

Walt Disney World is definitely short of housekeeping staff. It is my understanding that is the reason why they instituted the option to decline housekeeping service during your stay in exchange for a gift card.

So happy to see that your newest stinker is on the right path. Hope we all are looking at a better future come early November. I think this time is so challenging for most of us in so many ways. Thank you so much for sharing your adventures.

I love Coronado, and while I was at first iffy - about the Tower, I loved it. I still think I prefer staying in the Cabanas but we may try it this time. I loved those photos too. I have watched all of the Disney+ stuff, over and over and so hoping they add more soon. I would definitely recommend you try Coronado.

The Passion Fruit Slush! I have had those too. Yum- The Rose Slushie is also really good from the same booth at Flower & Garden Festival.

Love Brown Derby Lounge! I adore that Cobb Salad and love that you don’t have to go in to get it now. I do miss Orlando being there though, he was awesome.

Yes, they do offer a gift card for opting out of Mousekeeping. I just love saying a little thank you, and make tip envelopes ahead of the trip to leave each day. It disappointed me that they took the tip but didn’t leave essential items. I am a clean freak, and don’t leave anything for them to do but leave towels and Toilet tissue. I always welcome the soap bars too. We flew this trip so I was limited what I could bring. :-/

Thank you, I am very blessed to have Stinker and my new Tinker. ;) 2020 has been rough, that is for sure. Thanks for reading and the well wishes for the little one. Many to you as well! :)

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Wonderful that your precious is home and been over to visit! Happy Anniversary!
Thank you! We went to see her for a quick visit, I am iffy about Co-vid even if I see them regularly and have Stinker. She is just too new and been through to much. I had to see her for a bit though!
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on your very beautiful Grandchild. I think she looks like her Grandma!
Awww! Thank you times 3! That last comment definitely made me smile. ❤️

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
DisneyGigi: Swiss ducks (and swans) pictures taken just for you 😘

View attachment 495400View attachment 495401View attachment 495402
Beautiful!!! ❤️ ❤️ I am going to be starting my pre-trip report soon, but thought you might enjoy this pic too. ;) My hair salon owner is an animal and bird nut like me and feeds anything that comes along. She interrupted my haircut the other day to motion me to the back door to see this. I almost fell over. She named him Leroy. Is he not the cutest?

2776C66F-F0BF-4010-821F-0383F4A9E902.jpeg
AB1FE793-BD2E-4C20-B9C0-1C3E047892A3.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
November Pre-trip report-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom