The Shanghai Disneyland spoiler rich attraction preview thread!

friedriches

Look a few pages back. Not great, but you get the idea.

I am looking forward to a full low-light video which we will probably get once the park opens to the public.

An American in the parks is uploading a full POV video from China as we speak, I mentioned it previously. That full POV is going to be way better than the little clips we've been getting.

HOWEVER: Here is a 1hr 30min video from China... at the 22min mark we have a full ride-through. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU2NDM3MTA5Mg==.html

@Tpman posted it first! Give him all the credit!!

Last edited:

friedriches

Watching that video, it's interesting getting new angles here and there of different things we've already seen, but it's a decent overview as well.

Pirates is impressive.
- Vastly different from what I even imagined, story-wise. This is a direct narrative.
- I couldn't tell from the video, but how does the screen meet the ground? I know in Ratatouille, a very different ride system, they meet the ground for a distracting and unimpressive effect.

The castle walk-through (towards the end) is impressive. The projection effects on display there are next-level (through the view of a cell-phone camera, but I'd imagine they hold up in-person).

Soarin' Full at 10 mins in
Pirates at 22 mins
Alice maze at 30 mins
Crystal Grotto at 39 mins (surprised how lovely this looks)

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

Watching that video, it's interesting getting new angles here and there of different things we've already seen, but it's a decent overview as well.

Pirates is impressive.
- Vastly different from what I even imagined, story-wise. This is a direct narrative.
- I couldn't tell from the video, but how does the screen meet the ground? I know in Ratatouille, a very different ride system, they meet the ground for a distracting and unimpressive effect.

The castle walk-through (towards the end) is impressive. The projection effects on display there are next-level (through the view of a cell-phone camera, but I'd imagine they hold up in-person).

Soarin' Full at 10 mins in
Pirates at 22 mins
Alice maze at 30 mins
Crystal Grotto at 39 mins (surprised how lovely this looks)

Great recap! I am half-way through and it is like being there. I love the kid! Everyone is so happy!
I just got past the Alice maze and I didn't know it had an indoor Cheshire Cat scene. Really cool.

Disney Analyst

An American in the parks is uploading a full POV video from China as we speak, I mentioned it previously. That full POV is going to be way better than the little clips we've been getting.

HOWEVER: Here is a 1hr 30min video from China... at the 22min mark we have a full ride-through. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU2NDM3MTA5Mg==.html

Wow so many great things. I love how Voyage of the Crystal Grotto is so simple but fun!

PorterRedkey

Thank you for posting. I am enjoying this so much!!!

Wendy Pleakley

Usually I don't feel the need to visit a Disney park right when it opens, because you know it will get better.

I had no interest in Hong Kong based on their opening day attractions, but by the time I visited this year it was well worth it. Keep in mind that's with only two truly unique attractions (the amazing Mystic Manor and the Big Grizzly Mountain coaster).

Looking at what we've seen so far, I would be more than willing to visit Shanghai immediately were it feasible for me to do so.

Sped2424

they are playing the happy song there lol Universal can't like that

dweezil78

Youtube POV of Pirates from @MattFinnemore posted here:

:jawdrop: Wow!!!!!! The effect where the skeleton transforms into Jack Sparrow is pretty sick.

Ok..more thoughts. Now THAT is how you properly use screens.

The way they have the water match up with the water on the screen completely does away with any kind of distracting seam line. Such a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Mike S

Youtube POV of Pirates from @MattFinnemore posted here:

Just one complaint...
image.jpeg

Otherwise it looks amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom