The return of old characters

stuart

Rescue Ranger Chip & Dale
Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, Huey, Dewey, and Louie
TaleSpin Baloo

Spotted Launchpad at AK in 2008 just where you turn off to walk down to Camp Minnie Mickey.

Remember when you used to always see Goofy and Max on boats out on Seven Seas Lagoon?

brentley2

I want Ursula to be a character at MNSSHP.
Everyone says she can't be done, but she can...just make the tentacles touch the ground so we can't see the feet.
And make her a face character.
That would be AWESOME!

cwtigerlily

This may sound dumb, but I will ask it anyhow.

A lot of you mention the random characters appearing in the Magic of Disney Animation building in Hollywood Studios. I attend college in Florida, and for the life of me I could never seem to run into any random characters in that building (always Lotso and Sorcerer Mickey downstairs and the Incredibles (sometimes joined by Frozone) upstairs).

I collect autographs and photographs with characters, and it always irritated me to no end that I never seemed to be in there at the right time. Either there were the same characters that are listed above or no one was there. When do the random characters appear?

I think the most interesting characters I met where Kenai and Koda from Bear, I met them in Animal Kingdom down by Pocahontas just at Camp Minnie Mickey. That was in 2008, never saw them after that though :(.

WDsMouse

Random Characters

This may sound dumb, but I will ask it anyhow.

A lot of you mention the random characters appearing in the Magic of Disney Animation building in Hollywood Studios. I attend college in Florida, and for the life of me I could never seem to run into any random characters in that building (always Lotso and Sorcerer Mickey downstairs and the Incredibles (sometimes joined by Frozone) upstairs).

I collect autographs and photographs with characters, and it always irritated me to no end that I never seemed to be in there at the right time. Either there were the same characters that are listed above or no one was there. When do the random characters appear?

Once they began limiting Fantasmic to 3-4 times a week (grrrrr....), on NON-Fantasmic nights, there would be un-advertised character M&Gs in the Animation building, doing 30-min sets, usually from about 5:30-ish until park close. I saw a wide range of characters there, from Mulan, fab 5, Pinocchio & Gepetto, Mary Poppins and penguins, Pocahontas, the Tweedles, Pooh characters, and many more! Was always fun to go see who was there. Now that F! has returned to every night, I'm assuming they won't be doing the M&Gs...

WDsMouse

Koda & Kenai

I think the most interesting characters I met where Kenai and Koda from Bear, I met them in Animal Kingdom down by Pocahontas just at Camp Minnie Mickey. That was in 2008, never saw them after that though :(.

I saw Kenai and Koda spring 2011 in the same place, along with Thumper and Miss Bunny! They do still make appearances now and then :)

RAXIP

Now that F! has returned to every night, I'm assuming they won't be doing the M&Gs...

Nope. Character appearances are based on the start time of the first F! show. The only time there are no characters is when the first show starts before 7:30. The number and length of appearances will vary based on F! start time. Start time is typically 4:50pm.

wilkeliza

One franchise that Disney shows no love to is the Kingdom Hearts kids. I know that Sora gets love from Tokyo Disney and had a statue at their version of Downtown Disney but the US parks act like the franchise of games doesn't exist. I haven't even seen the games for sell any where in Disney. I have to go to Hot Topic to get my Kingdom Hearts stuff.

Has Jack ever been done? Zero and Jack would be great for MNSSHP and even hanging around Haunted Mansion at Christmas. I know DL does the rethemed Haunted Mansion but seeing Jack around the parks would be fun.

When we were there in 08 the Sheriff was out with Friar Tuck near the Hat @DHS, but Robin and Little John were nowhere to be seen...

Obscure character M&Gs I'd like to see:

Jim Hawkins, B.E.N. & John Silver ("Beware the Cyborg") from Treasure Planet
Gurgi from The Black Cauldron
Rescue Ranger Chip, Rescue Ranger Dale & Gadget Hackwrench
Uncle Scrooge, Launchpad McQuack & Darkwing Duck
TaleSpin Baloo and Louie
Doug from Disney's Doug
Tarzan and Jane
Robin Hood, Little John & Sheriff of Nottingham
and most importantly...

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

I also wouldn't mind having Clarabelle Cow on a regular basis.

yoyoflamingo

One franchise that Disney shows no love to is the Kingdom Hearts kids. I know that Sora gets love from Tokyo Disney and had a statue at their version of Downtown Disney but the US parks act like the franchise of games doesn't exist. I haven't even seen the games for sell any where in Disney. I have to go to Hot Topic to get my Kingdom Hearts stuff.

Has Jack ever been done? Zero and Jack would be great for MNSSHP and even hanging around Haunted Mansion at Christmas. I know DL does the rethemed Haunted Mansion but seeing Jack around the parks would be fun.

Jack and Sally are newish face characters at DL. And I believe there have been Kingdom Hearts Versions of Goofy and Donald in WDW for the Halloween Patries, but I could be wrong there

wilkeliza

Jack and Sally are newish face characters at DL. And I believe there have been Kingdom Hearts Versions of Goofy and Donald in WDW for the Halloween Patries, but I could be wrong there

I would love to see the Kingdom Hearts versions of Goofy and Donald. I've been begging to go to Disney for Halloween but our schedules never really permit it.

cbsav

I've seen a number of you post about Clarabelle Cow. I was able to catch her and Horace Horsecollar on my last trip. I was kinda surprised to see them out and about. It would be great to see more obscure character out in the park. I echo Darkwing Duck.

Disney%252520Feb%2525202011%252520507.JPG

phlip78

old characters

The last time I went and a cast member told me that Capt. Hook or Smee don't come out anymore made no sense to me. Don't let kids forget about the characters that helped create this empire.

BigNorm

The last time I went and a cast member told me that Capt. Hook or Smee don't come out anymore made no sense to me. Don't let kids forget about the characters that helped create this empire.

Hook and Smee are far from forgotten, I see them every morning on Disney Junior in Jake and the Neverland Pirates. For better or worse, as long as the trend of using classic characters in Disney Junior programming continues, the classics won't be forgotten anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom