The Pirates League - a new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique- type experience

jakeman

can't say I'm upset about this announcement...usually more merchandise locations upset me, but this seems fitting...esp since their using guest space that hasn't been appropriated for guests in awhile...
I agree. Almost anything that opens up old guest areas would be a positive.

Now let's see about that Adventureland Veranda...

durangojim

Finally, something for boys! This is a great idea and my 3 yo son will love it. I wish they would follow this up by turning El Pirata and Perico (sp?) into a tortuga themed character restaurant with Jack Sparrow and pirates (and the red head too:animwink:).

NX2I85

My son (9) is probably too old for this now, but I think it's a good move. Anything to get away from the recent little-girlification of Disney is a good thing. :wave:

pacochran

Disney seems to be finally looking at the boy market, this goes along with their launch of Disney XD, which is geared to the boys. That is one issue with having both a daughter and a son, there were a lot for my daughter but not much for my son.

joanna71985

Ok, is anyone in a position to predict the likelihood of the Jack Sparrow face character being brought back because of this? :)

Captain Jack is still out in the MK. He is just in his show though (before that, he only came out to meet regularly at the P&P parties).

BensMum

My son (9) is probably too old for this now, but I think it's a good move. Anything to get away from the recent little-girlification of Disney is a good thing. :wave:
Totally agree. I've got a 9 year old son too and he's been moaning about there being 'too much of that princess stuff'. We're hoping to go to MNSSHP this year so I might try and talk him into this for a really cool costume for the night.:cool:

NewfieFan

When will they begin to offer a pirate's character meal????
hook, smee, jack, barbossa, elizabeth, pan & wendy

I've been asking about that for ages! I was thinking of more of a hero theme - that way it could include Robin Hood too! My 5 year old loves that movie!!! You can't even find Robin Hood merch anywhere. I keep asking the question, "Does Disney want our money or not!?!" There's stuff I would buy but I haven't seen it yet! He's also super into the Three Musketeers movie as well. There's so many great movies and ideas out there for boys - come on Disney!!!

danpam1024

I think it's great, although my DS is more of a Star Wars guy...maybe they could start theming costume boutiques all 'round the World!!! Whatever works and keeps people comin' back and spending $$:D

Erika

VERY cool!

It is great to see something for boys- not only that, but my daughter switches between princess and tomboy on a regular basis. She'd LOVE this. :sohappy:

imamouse

Let's hear it for the boys!

As the mother of 2 sons, I am delighted that Disney has finally come up with a way to engage boys in fantasy roll playing. On one hand, I'm sorry my sons are way too old for this now. On the other hand, a peek at the prices made my momentary regret fly out the window.

firekymmie

Sounds cool. But didn't they used to have an area set up where they would dress you up like pirates and give you swords and skulls and such and take your pictures? This sounds somewhat similar but I guess there will be more to it than just dressing up and taking pics.

My aunt just reminded me we did this in Aug of 86... she is suppose toi find me the pics sometime in the next century...lol

Donfan

Sounds cool. But didn't they used to have an area set up where they would dress you up like pirates and give you swords and skulls and such and take your pictures? This sounds somewhat similar but I guess there will be more to it than just dressing up and taking pics.

Yes, but I guess on the other side of the shop. We still have the framed picture of our group of 14 hanging on our wall from our trip in 1994. My Grandson will love this when we get down there this October. So will I and my son, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom