The Official Meet Monty Meet & Dole Whip Party!!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
They were out in full force today! And they cut in front of us at POTC. We had a hard enough time keeping our party of 10 together. There must have been 100 of them. Insane!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Ok, I'll try again.

So I arrived a bit early and found a shady spot to wait, it was really hot today! Before long Monty and DS arrived, as did Epcot.nut and hubby, Figment1978 and mom, and jvrabels twosome. SillySpook13 and Loweyan came a little later.

After enjoying our Dole Whips, we headed over to the Jungle Cruise. We had the best skipper... Tommy... he was really great :sohappy: From there we hit POTC, HM and Mickeys Philharmagic. There were lines today, but really they didn't seem all that bad. Maybe because we were yacking non-stop most of the time :)

Most people had something football related they had to get too, so after a really nice day, with some of the bestest people ever, we all went our separate ways.

Well, Epcot.nut and I (and our SO's) stopped for something to eat at Columbia Harbor House first :slurp: Dole Whips are yummy, but a girls gotta eat!

All that, and still made it home for half-time, w00t! Shannon I hope you guys made it in time too, TP & tHB's were great!

I'm sure someone else can add more. I'm not the best at trip reports (especially the second time around :mad:) :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
They were out in full force today! And they cut in front of us at POTC. We had a hard enough time keeping our party of 10 together. There must have been 100 of them. Insane!

Right! I left that part out. There were like thousands of them and they all had to jump the chains to join their group :rolleyes:, it was pretty rude.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Sorry we had to skip out early. I needed to go home and do chores before going to work tomorrow. :( We'll spend more time March 1st. Can't wait.

EPCOT.nut and SweetMagic, will you girls be there 3/1? :hammer::drevil: Where was my mind this afternoon? I think the heat was making my brain fry.

EPCOT.nut

Ok I think I can get these pics uploaded - we'll see if I have Katie's issue, or maybe I will have issues all my own! :lol:

Me and DH strolled to Aloha Isle at about 12:30 and we spied a suspicious group consisting of Monty and DS Morgan, SweetMagic, Figment1986 + Mom, Jvrabel and Susan (also not of the forums -yet), and there were no Dole Whips yet, so I knew we had great timing. Dan (not of the forum but with SweetMagic) was already in line, so Figment1986 and I got in line behind him. After getting our Dole Whip Floats, and various configurations of Floats, we went back to the group and split attention between Dole Whips :sohappy: and getting to know everyone :sohappy:.

We had some camera comparisons and found that Figment, Jvrabel and I all have the same camera. I am sure we all bought them for better castle shots, and better Illuminations shots, but maybe I should speak for myself...

I had a funny moment when I didn't realize the lady sitting on a bench across from us was with Jvrabel and I went up to her and asked her to take our group pic. I for some reason liked her right away and chatted with her and Jvrable came up and introduced her :eek: which was funny because I am an obvious airhead and thought she was a strategically-placed tourist. :lol:

After some great group photos we struck off to Jungle Cruise. We had the short-haired version of Sam Kiniston as our guide. My ears were ringing when we got off the boat. Of course I got in trouble for stepping on the center part of the boat...but I always do something to get into trouble...at least I am consistent. :shrug:

The we went to POTC. Luckily Monty was there to get me going the right way (left off JC, not right) :lol: but since I never go to MK I am forgiven, right? :D

POTC had the Pepto Princesses. We were behind them until we got to the main line that splits in the building, where our Fearless Leader was able to get us on the OTHER SIDE of the line. We were most greatful (Thanks, Monty) because those gals were annoying. :eek:

Met up with SillySpook and Loweyan after POTC and we went off to Haunted Mansion. I am still very impressed that we got through so many rides in a short time span. HM was great, there was much shrieking in the stretching room (not by us....:lookaroun) and we had a little stop on the ride at the Ring The Bell... point with the floating head. But we got back going - every time I ride that I am so impressed with the refurb.

After some discussion and narrow-misses with strollers, we had to say Bye to Loweyan and SillySpook and went off the Philharmagic. That's always a good time...and I found a shotglass for the ride in the giftshop on the way out! For the record, my receipt says "shooter" so NO they are not for toothpicks. I am so glad to clear up that debate (Figment...!)

Anyhoo I am so greatful for the amazing time I had with all of you. I am amazed I can find instant friends here - thank you to everyone who made today so magical!

Can't wait until Monty comes back in August - we have to plan something as a group together - maybe at a different park this time. I will always make time when you come back to WDW, Monty, and the rest of you, too. What fun!

Attachments

• 2_3_08_044_640x480.jpg
    2_3_08_044_640x480.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.3.08 051_640x480.jpg
    2.3.08 051_640x480.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.3.08 046_640x480.jpg
    2.3.08 046_640x480.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.3.08 049_640x480.jpg
    2.3.08 049_640x480.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.3.08 060_640x480.jpg
    2.3.08 060_640x480.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 54

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Sorry we had to skip out early. I needed to go home and do chores before going to work tomorrow. :( We'll spend more time March 1st. Can't wait.

EPCOT.nut and SweetMagic, will you girls be there 3/1? :hammer::drevil: Where was my mind this afternoon? I think the heat was making my brain fry.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

No worries mate.

We weren't there too terribly long after you guys left really. Just 2 rides I think?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Ok I think I can get these pics uploaded - we'll see if I have Katie's issue, or maybe I will have issues all my own!

Me and DH strolled to Aloha Isle at about 12:30 and we spied a suspicious group consisting of Monty and DS Morgan, SweetMagic, Figment1986 + Mom, Jvrabel and Susan (also not of the forums -yet), and there were no Dole Whips yet, so I knew we had great timing. Dan (not of the forum but with SweetMagic) was already in line, so Figment1986 and I got in line behind him. After getting our Dole Whip Floats, and various configurations of Floats, we went back to the group and split attention between Dole Whips :sohappy: and getting to know everyone :sohappy:.

We had some camera comparisons and found that Figment, Jvrabel and I all have the same camera. I am sure we all bought them for better castle shots, and better Illuminations shots, but maybe I should speak for myself...

I had a funny moment when I didn't realize the lady sitting on a bench across from us was with Jvrabel and I went up to her and asked her to take our group pic. I for some reason liked her right away and chatted with her and Jvrable came up and introduced her :eek: which was funny because I am an obvious airhead and thought she was a strategically-placed tourist. :lol:

After some great group photos we struck off to Jungle Cruise. We had the short-haired version of Sam Kiniston as our guide. My ears were ringing when we got off the boat. Of course I got in trouble for stepping on the center part of the boat...but I always do something to get into trouble...at least I am consistent. :shrug:

The we went to POTC. Luckily Monty was there to get me going the right way (left off JC, not right) :lol: but since I never go to MK I am forgiven, right? :D

POTC had the Pepto Princesses. We were behind them until we got to the main line that splits in the building, where our Fearless Leader was able to get us on the OTHER SIDE of the line. We were most greatful (Thanks, Monty) because those gals were annoying. :eek:

Met up with SillySpook and Loweyan after POTC and we went off to Haunted Mansion. I am still very impressed that we got through so many rides in a short time span. HM was great, there was much shrieking in the stretching room (not by us....:lookaroun) and we had a little stop on the ride at the Ring The Bell... point with the floating head. But we got back going - every time I ride that I am so impressed with the refurb.

After some discussion and narrow-misses with strollers, we had to say Bye to Loweyan and SillySpook and went off the Philharmagic. That's always a good time...and I found a shotglass for the ride in the giftshop on the way out! For the record, my receipt says "shooter" so NO they are not for toothpicks. I am so glad to clear up that debate (Figment...!)

Anyhoo I am so greatful for the amazing time I had with all of you. I am amazed I can find instant friends here - thank you to everyone who made today so magical!

Can't wait until Monty comes back in August - we have to plan something as a group together - maybe at a different park this time. I will always make time when you come back to WDW, Monty, and the rest of you, too. What fun!

Wow, that was sooo much better than mine :lol: From now on you are the official reporter of the group!

EPCOT.nut

All that, and still made it home for half-time, w00t! Shannon I hope you guys made it in time too, TP & tHB's were great!

No, there was no way we would make it - we stopped in Gainesville at our favorite bar Ashley's Pub and sat at the bar and had margaritas and watched Tom Petty. He sounded great, as usual. It was kind of funny, I took a wrong turn to get on the Turnpike. How many times do I take the same route and I still take a wrong turn? LOL I just wanted margaritas, right?

or get better internet..

Dude, we live in BFE. I don't have any choices. I am certain it is not the internet. I am thinking it is the wire that is run from the phone box outside the trailer and through the kitchen window and to the phone and then to the computer. :lol: Could you not tell from meeting me today that I am truly a redneck?

I'm bummed because I'm still learning my camera so a lot came out blurry. Here's what I could salvage.

You are a lot farther along with the camera than I am! I left it on Auto all day long! :lol:

What a great day! I am soooo jealous of Monty - he gets all week at WDW! :D

EPCOT.nut

I knew Canon was the camera to get. I grew up with my Dad having the AE and it was always such a great camera. That was back when you had to pay for every shot. :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
No, there was no way we would make it - we stopped in Gainesville at our favorite bar Ashley's Pub and sat at the bar and had margaritas and watched Tom Petty. He sounded great, as usual. It was kind of funny, I took a wrong turn to get on the Turnpike. How many times do I take the same route and I still take a wrong turn? LOL I just wanted margaritas, right?

Sounds like it :lol: I almost suggested you just stop and watch it, but I was figured you'd make it home, so I didn't say anything...

No, girl, I just talk a lot! :lol:

Ooooooh, so that's what it is. Or, maybe it's all those thoughts in your head that you said would keep you company if you were alone :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

Sounds like it :lol: I almost suggested you just stop and watch it, but I was figured you'd make it home, so I didn't say anything...

YEP we got to Ocala and even though I was going 80+ all the way we just were cutting it too close. When we get home we have to feed the animals and that would have made us miss the show. Can't just walk past hungry animals to watch TV....;)

Ooooooh, so that's what it is. Or, maybe it's all those thoughts in your head that you said would keep you company if you were alone :lookaroun

I don't know! I'll discuss it with myself and get back to you with "our" decision! :lol:

digital rebel XTi...

and no... it wasn't "Just" for inferno barge shots... it was also for the better lenses and such... working on photos now. will upload them to smugmug soon.

We all know the truth...! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom