The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

MissM

Alive and Well in Pinellas County
After an entire weekend stuck in the apartment with high winds, rain and no cable or internet for several days, I'm happy to report everything is back up and mostly normal. Thankfully, we suffered little actual damage in this area, though the roofs in my apartment complex have lost a lot of shingles and there are piles and piles of wet, soggy leaves and small to medium sized branches from the oak trees everywhere. More mess then anything, but still a lot of clean-up to come.

Most everything was closed yesterday including our local mall, B&N, most resturants and many stores. Lowes was open, as was Borders, Best Buy, Target and of course Super Wal-Mart. After being penned up in the apartment for so many hours, we drove around a little yesterday and window-shopped where we could. We just had to get out of the house. I think there were a lot of people who felt the same way because the roads were quite busy and the stores that were open were doing a brisk business. I think people just needed to get away from it all for a little bit.

Some places are still closed today. My Love's work was without power all morning. Thankfully, we never lost power here, just frequent brown-outs during the weekend.

Anyway, we came through it ok from here and this is my first chance with internet access again, so I thought I'd just check in. Hope everyone else came through it as well.
-m

barnum42

mkt said:
I'm in quite a pickle right now...

I want to head out to the parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World.. i don't care. i need the stress relief), but I don't wanna burn the gas

I'm divided
Scab a lift from Dave ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
dscn1369_std.jpg

dscn1367_std.jpg

Tim G

Frances, The Aftermath

Florida finally in The Clear

Bye, Bye Frances, We're All Happy You Left

This Will Be The Final Radar Image Of Frances

Image = Realtime

Attachments

• Florida_anim31.gif
    Florida_anim31.gif
    339.1 KB · Views: 203

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Atta, that is the greatest descriptive nickname of me... EVER.

I am Mr. Sleepy Head!!!

Atta83

mkt said:
Atta, that is the greatest descriptive nickname of me... EVER.

I am Mr. Sleepy Head!!!

I didnt think you wanted Mr. potato head.....

I mean we can make it into a toy if you want.. all complete with pillow and blankie.....awwwww look at it sleep...its worth $$$$ and its all mine *insert wicked laugh here* LOL JK

Kadee

I am SO GLAD everyone is checking in and is ok. I hope everyone has power and water back very soon. My prayers are still with you as you recover and clean up from this mess.

Gucci65

Another Frances casualty:

Just heard from a friend of mine who has a cousin in the Marines. He and three other soldiers were making their way back to their base in NC when they were involved in an auto accident in South Georgia this morning. Her cousin is the only survivor.

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

Ruby Anne

figmentmom

Gucci65 said:

Just heard from a friend of mine who has a cousin in the Marines. He and three other soldiers were making their way back to their base in NC when they were involved in an auto accident in South Georgia this morning. Her cousin is the only survivor.

Ruby Anne

Oh, how awful...thoughts and prayers on the way as requested, Ruby Anne.

wannabeBelle

Gucci65 said:

Ruby Anne
Will do!!! Love and prayers for all the families involved in this tragedy. Belle

barnum42

PhotoDave219 said:
I leave for work around 8:15-ish for a 9 am shift. Rob has just gone to bed at that point....
Does he work a lot of night shifts, or is it just dangerous for him to go outside in daylight hours ;)

GoofyFan1

:wave: I know this will sound strange, but.....here goes. Does anybody have the address of ASPCA shelter in the stricken areas of Florida. As the 7th grade advisor and Biology teacher, I would like my group to raise money to help with the, I can only imagine huge need.

I remember when NYC needed relief for their animals after the attacks, and think this may be a niche that might not have been addressed in the wake of all the human need.

Please l;et me know. Students start tomorrow. Thanks.

WDWScottieBoy

GoofyFan1 said:
:wave: I know this will sound strange, but.....here goes. Does anybody have the address of ASPCA shelter in the stricken areas of Florida. As the 7th grade advisor and Biology teacher, I would like my group to raise money to help with the, I can only imagine huge need.

I remember when NYC needed relief for their animals after the attacks, and think this may be a niche that might not have been addressed in the wake of all the human need.

Please l;et me know. Students start tomorrow. Thanks.

That's an excellent idea. People think about how other people fared through the storm but not the animals and other things in the other. Hope you can get a good amount of money donated for this. Keep us up to date on how much you've raised.

TTATraveler

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to continually update this thread and add pictures, I had been checking the thread regularly before joining. Glad to see everyone is ok. Hopefully Florida has seen the last of the hurricanes for this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom