The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Tim G

Hurricane Frances Update
(South-East Florida Doppler Radar)

Image = Real Time

2055Florida_anim23.gif

Kadee

barnum42 said:
Frances has made a lot more news on the TV here in the UK than Charley did. Lots of footage of reporters standing by the beach trying to stay in place whilst commenting on how stupid the people that they can see on the beach must be - questioning their wisdom being out in such conditions.....

Is it me?..........But I think the saying that involves black pots and kettles comes to mind :lol:
Happens with EVERY hurricane! My hubby used to be one of those idiots! Really!!! He got arrested during a hurricane about 18 years ago (before we were married) for being on the beach and surfing. They let him go (with no charges) once it passed. :lol:

Atta83

Talking with Dave right now he said Rob text messaged him and hes fine, but Rob said that this is the worst storm ever.... While Dave say Charley was worse....I'll let you guys decide..

And Dave said he is bored....

Mr D

The eye of the storm appears to be just now over Tampa and according to the Doppler radar some very heavy rain bands now coming from the warmer Gulf waters are swinging in from the west into the Orlando area, and of course warmer waters allow for the storm to regain strength. This all looks like the next 6-12 hours at its current speed its going to drop even more rain with some reverse direction winds.

barnum42

Also, none of the UK news stories are mentioning Ivan, which surprises me because normally the media would love the opportunity to pour more grief on the story.

figmentmom

barnum42 said:
Also, none of the UK news stories are mentioning Ivan, which surprises me because normally the media would love the opportunity to pour more grief on the story.

And I'm sure the media is salivating at the thought of being the first to call this new storm "Ivan the Terrible!" :rolleyes:

*MichelleP*

Barnum-
It is making news here in Southwest Florida, because those of us who have prepared for two storms and lived all of the uncertainty are just shuddering at the thought. I remember right after Charley the weather people were very gently intorducing Frances because they did not want to freak people out. Apparently, that will not be the case this time, because our media told us if we were boarded up, to stay that way for now. :(

DDuckFan130

Just an update from my neck of the woods. It's still pretty windy and rainy, but it's more wind than anything. It's good enough that we can go out, seeing as how South Beach is opening its businesses again. My family and I are heading out to church right now because it's not so bad out. We'll probably take the plywood down tomorrow. Talk to you later :wave:

figmentmom said:
And I'm sure the media is salivating at the thought of being the first to call this new storm "Ivan the Terrible!" :rolleyes:
Exactly. I can imagine some producer in the control room rubbing his/her hands together muttering about ratings. :rolleyes:

edited to add story - listening to one of the local announcers discussing the hurricane commented on the person in the tv studio telling the poor person on the scene that she couldn't understand/hear him and he needed to speak slower?! There she is all warm and dry and the guy actually tried to speak as requested s-l-o-w-e-r muffled up as he was. hello?! :hammer: they needed to wrap her up and send her out there. It's one thing to report the news and in some circumstances these people end up becoming the news for some of the ridiculous reporting scenerios they place themselves in. I don't need to see the lady blow over to believethat the wind is strong.

Tim G

barnum42 said:
Don't worry I'm already Tracking "Ivan" but there's only so much someone can do :D

As soon as "Frances" has left Florida I'll start putting these radar images on the boards as you all are used to get from me... on the hour every hour...

Underneath a Atlantic IR-Radar view... you can see "Ivan" in the in the Lower Right hand corner

Attachments

• at_ir_loop_01.gif
    at_ir_loop_01.gif
    636.6 KB · Views: 198

Tim G

Photos Before, During And After Hurricane Francis

---

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 220

speck76

Atta83 said:
Talking with Dave right now he said Rob text messaged him and hes fine, but Rob said that this is the worst storm ever.... While Dave say Charley was worse....I'll let you guys decide..

And Dave said he is bored....

Charley was MUCH more intense, but was over after a few hours.....this storm is not so intense, but ut is taking a long time to pass....I think Frances will go down in history as the most annoying hurricane ever!

Tim G

---

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 193

Tim G

---

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 171

Tim G

ooo

Attachments

• BayHillViera.jpg
    BayHillViera.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 166
  • BlowSurf.jpg
    BlowSurf.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 161

Tim G

Hurricane Frances Update
(South-East Florida Doppler Radar)

Image = Real Time

Attachments

• Florida_anim24.gif
    Florida_anim24.gif
    352.1 KB · Views: 164
Here in west Orange County we just started getting some outer rain bands. It has been fairly calm for the past few hours. Wind is steady at 20 mph with gusts of 66. They said it would be hitting us around 8 pm which is about right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom