The Official album of the Walt Disney World Resort: The Happiest Celebration On Earth

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Grizz - thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! I was wondering if the new CD sets would be out before my trip in just over two weeks. :sohappy: Please pass along my thanks to Mr. Thornton for his hard work and dedication to this project. I think I could even convince my wife to get the DL boxed set, it's *that* cool. ;)

I'll be looking for the WDW CD set beginning 4/30. If I have access when I'm down there, I'll try to post when I see them. I'll probably be asking the CM's at the MCO Magic of Disney store when we land. :lol:

Kurai

When I go to WDW I'll have to keep an eye out for the CDs!!!! that's amazing, and considering the fact that I buy as many park soundtracks as possible, I haven't seen a track list like that!!! :sohappy:

jmuboy

Maybe the popularity of these CD's will send a signal that songs like Universe of Energy, Tomorrow's Child, etc., should return to the rides they were removed from. Although, Tomorrow's Child with words was never that great a song in my opinion but the instrumentals are fantastic. They add a really dramatic end to SSE.

All this brings up a good question - why did Disney KILL all the great EPCOT songs?

dxwwf3

jmuboy said:
All this brings up a good question - why did Disney KILL all the great EPCOT songs?

I think alot of us would love to know the "official" answer to that. They could have updated the songs (just like Golden Dream), but Disney decided to get completely rid of some of the best songs in Disney (Not just theme park) history.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
I think alot of us would love to know the "official" answer to that. They could have updated the songs (just like Golden Dream), but Disney decided to get completely rid of some of the best songs in Disney (Not just theme park) history.

Not to mention some of the associated rides... JII, Horizons....

General Grizz

Original Poster
NemoRocks said:
That sucks....I was hoping it would be the new version. :(
You will (more than likely) get to hear the new one next year... along with the new Epcot Entrance Medley.

This was the only chance to re-release the original OLS... read Mr. Thornton's reasoning. :D

(Welcome back, Dreamfinder... ;) )

TinkerBell9988

Grizz,

Thanks so much for sharing this news with us! Randy rocks :)

I will definetely be buying this next time I am up there... Now all I have to do is save some money... LOL.

:animwink:

Scooter

This a great thing for those people who never got a chance to buy the park CD's from years gone by.

I already have almost all of these songs so if I buy this it will just be for collection purposes.

I personally think releasing songs from defunct attractions like Kitchen Kabaret is depressing.

They should just make a CD of extinct Ride music.

It just reminds those people who miss it how sad it is that their favs are gone.
:(

I can see kids saying to their parents: KID: "Mommmy...whats THIS song about?"
MOMMY: "Never mind..that rides not there anymore" :lol:

WDWhumanmap

Is it going to be the short verision of Kitchen Kabert like on past cds or the long version. I would like to see them make a long version with Bonnie Appeite's (sp?) song from the beginning chase the meal time blues away. To me it was one spicy number :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom