The Official 1971-1999 Picture Thread

kapeman

Here's one from 1974.

Unfortunately, it is a poor scan from bad source material, but it is better than nothing, I guess.

I have a few more if anyone is interested.

image6s.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was talking about the second pic. The "gazebo looking structure" is in the alley to the right as you head up Main Street.
It is a callback to on old thread where a forum member insisted that King Louie was in the Jungle Cruise attraction. This was in spite of everyone, including people who could accurately tell you every change to every attraction in the history of Disney parks, telling him otherwise. It has become kind of a running joke around here.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=437535&highlight=King+Louie

WDWmazprty

It is a callback to on old thread where a forum member insisted that King Louie was in the Jungle Cruise attraction. This was in spite of everyone, including people who could accurately tell you every change to every attraction in the history of Disney parks, telling him otherwise. It has become kind of a running joke around here.

Hey, King Louie WAS in the Jungle Cruise! Just like Iago has ALWAYS been in the Tiki Room! I don't whats up this New Management stuff, Iago was there back in 1980 when I was a kid. I know it to be true!!!!!! :hammer::lookaroun:lol:

devoy1701

can't believe you would stir up trouble like that yet again!

Mr_Incredible

I know this isn't park related but

Does anyone have a pic of when all of the disney stores used to have the AA displays for the store window? It was mickey and the gang in a living room. They used to theme it for every holiday. I wish they would bring those back. I used to love seeing them at the malls. I dunno. Maybe it was a local thing. All of the Disney stores in Jacksonville had them. Then they got rid of them. The Avenues mall went to just a large mickey head with windows showing products. The Regency mall just gutted the display and left it. Now, all but the Avenues store is closed :(

There isn't a Disney store within 100miles of me now, in VA :'(

Virginia!?! There is a Disney Store in the Concord Mall here near Charlotte NC :sohappy:

Minnie1976

Space Mountain T-Shirt

I wasn't sure where to post this picture of a Space Mountain T-shirt. I don't remember what year it was bought in, but would think either late 1980's or sometime in 1990's. Do you think they will start doing special t-shirts again?

DSCN5714.jpg

Minnie1976

Purchased on Main St. either 1985 or 1987

I guess this is sort of a sweat even though it is cotton and stuffed and reversable. I've rolled the sleeves up to show the other side and the back has the same Mickey on it. I bought it on Main St. for $50. I came home and there was my special souvenier in a New Orleans department store, Maison Blanche, for $10. Anyway it has been a favorite. It has been mended and worn on Disney trips and at home alot.

DSCN5715.jpg

Laura

Premium Member
These are pictures from the first week of June 1989. I believe MGM Studios opened May 1, 1989 and Typhoon Lagoon opened June 1, 1989 (correct me if I'm wrong), so we were there just a couple weeks after MGM opened and possibly on the day of or within a couple days of Typhoon Lagoon opening. While I remember this trip, I don't remember even knowing these places were brand new. But then again, I was only 7 years old.

Typhoon Lagoon:
557-M.jpg

MGM Studios:
520-M.jpg

527-M.jpg

521-M.jpg

534-M.jpg

532-M.jpg

I have always been confused by these photos. They were definitely taken in June 1989 and one of my parents friends who was at the park with us was chosen out of the audience for this part (which is why my mom took the first picture), but Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular didn't open until almost 3 months later. Was this some sort of preview?
523-M.jpg

525-M.jpg

My clothes are ridiculous
522-M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom