The Official 1971-1999 Picture Thread

wild01ride

One thing is for sure about these photos: there is definitely no shortage of men wearing shorty-shorts!
There are enough to make Richard Simmons jealous! :lol:

Mickey is King

Lot's of people saying how bad the 90's clothes were- true....but couldn't we say that about every decade?????how about the 70's, what were we all thinking.....:eek::eek:

Also, I love how social conservatives say that we wear skimpier clothing now more than ever...........check back at some 70's & 80's t.v. shows and family pix. I think you'll find the opposite....especially the SHORTS! MUCH shorter back then, men showed waaaayyy more chest, and the women definitely wore more "snug" clothing.

wasn't trying to go all political, just an observation another poster mentioned from the pix.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Lot's of people saying how bad the 90's clothes were- true....but couldn't we say that about every decade?????how about the 70's, what were we all thinking.....:eek::eek:

Also, I love how social conservatives say that we wear skimpier clothing now more than ever...........check back at some 70's & 80's t.v. shows and family pix. I think you'll find the opposite....especially the SHORTS! MUCH shorter back then, men showed waaaayyy more chest, and the women definitely wore more "snug" clothing.

wasn't trying to go all political, just an observation another poster mentioned from the pix.

I could go to Disney in my boxers back then and no one would even notice. All my shorts are as low as my knees and the shorts the guys wear are getting lower and lower as we speak.

loveofamouse

I know this isn't park related but

Does anyone have a pic of when all of the disney stores used to have the AA displays for the store window? It was mickey and the gang in a living room. They used to theme it for every holiday. I wish they would bring those back. I used to love seeing them at the malls. I dunno. Maybe it was a local thing. All of the Disney stores in Jacksonville had them. Then they got rid of them. The Avenues mall went to just a large mickey head with windows showing products. The Regency mall just gutted the display and left it. Now, all but the Avenues store is closed :(

There isn't a Disney store within 100miles of me now, in VA :'(

Scuttle

Contemporary forecourt 1985

1985-139.jpg

Today

Picture-21.jpg

I miss those bushes in front of the Contemporary. They were so cool and futuristic looking! This thread rocks keep em coming.

Juliaz3

i hope someone can correct me, or has a link because i'm gonna chop this up. But i read somewhere, actually i think i saw it on the news down here...but I think a husband was looking at his wifes childhood disney world pictures (years before they ever met) and spotted his father in the backround of one of the pics. It goes something like that....

Yup, here's the story:
http://www.thestar.com/living/artic...ures-couple-together-15-years-before-they-met

And then, to talk about short shorts! Look at the couple on the left in the photo. Super-short shorts on both, and she's wearing heels!

Skyways, and short shorts, and camcorders -- oh my! These photos, especially from '71 to about '85, are wonderful.

Think of how "magical" it would be to spot yourself in someone else's Disney photos or videos. Comedian Steve Martin found himself as a boy in one family's now-famous video of Disneyland in the mid '50s.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2009/01/09/steve-martin-cameo-in-disneyland-dream-home-video/

pumpkin7

If you Britts can have a desert called spotted d.i.c.k we get to keep pack.:lol:

oh and by the way, if you go into any british supermarket now, you will find it is called Spotted Richard. no joke. political correctness gone crazy. so now, if you please, bum bag, not pack.. lol! i have no idea where bum bag came from, you don't wear it over your bum...!! :zipit:

tink2044

Yup, here's the story:
http://www.thestar.com/living/artic...ures-couple-together-15-years-before-they-met

And then, to talk about short shorts! Look at the couple on the left in the photo. Super-short shorts on both, and she's wearing heels!

Skyways, and short shorts, and camcorders -- oh my! These photos, especially from '71 to about '85, are wonderful.

Think of how "magical" it would be to spot yourself in someone else's Disney photos or videos. Comedian Steve Martin found himself as a boy in one family's now-famous video of Disneyland in the mid '50s.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2009/01/09/steve-martin-cameo-in-disneyland-dream-home-video/
Interesting. If you are looking for clothes sight today, just sit on a bench and watch the dress of people today. We did some laughing at what we saw.

EvilQueen-T

samandionteacupsmk1977.jpg

my sister and i on teacups mk 1977

samjoyceteresaandmemk1977.jpg

me, my little sister, step mom, and step aunt mk 1977. what cracks me up about this pic is that when we go to wdw now we (my sister and i go yearly together)...we wear the most comfy clothes, hair pulled up kind of thing. we'd never wear slacks, shirts tucked in etc...just not happening in the parks lol.

samchasingdownminimouse1977.jpg

my sister is the one with the bangs, red shirt and overalls looking toward camera. this was back before they lined up the characters and let you take your turn with them...for us it was mad dash to catch them, mob them, and still try to get a pic. 1977 mk.

dadandtmainstmk1977.jpg

left to right my dad, me, my step aunt, and the little head in the bottom right is my sister. main st. mk 1977. back when value season really did have fewer people.

I'm trying to clarify where the second pic in this group was taken. It's from 1977 and is the magic kingdom no question but I'm thinking it's just off main street to the right like when you turn past the plaza toward tomorrowland. what do you guys think? we're going with many of the same people memorial day weekend and want to take a pic in the same spot. thanks.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I'm trying to clarify where the second pic in this group was taken. It's from 1977 and is the magic kingdom no question but I'm thinking it's just off main street to the right like when you turn past the plaza toward tomorrowland. what do you guys think? we're going with many of the same people memorial day weekend and want to take a pic in the same spot. thanks.

That looks to be the Crystal Palace in the background. Go to the Castle and take a left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom